Post-Game Talk: Government Shutdown: Pens-2, Senators-1

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Maybe, you really think so? Looks like night and day to me. Would it really affect how he moves the puck when he's one-on-one? Most of the time the opponent just slaps the puck away, or gives him a push so he falls. His passes have been off too, a lot more turnovers and intercepted passes as of lately.

When he's not playing at full speed those problems usually arise in his game. I do really think he's geared down since Canada's team was annonced. Comfortable lead in the division etc. and playing in the Olympics is pretty important to him. He wants to get to that point healthy.

penspenspens

Feb 2, 2014
When he's not playing at full speed those problems usually arise in his game. I do really think he's geared down since Canada's team was annonced. Comfortable lead in the division etc. and playing in the Olympics is pretty important to him. He wants to get to that point healthy.
Lets hope so :) Haven't been able to watch the entire games for a couple of years, before this season started, so it just feels a bit weird to see him like that.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Lets hope so :) Haven't been able to watch the entire games for a couple of years, before this season started, so it just feels a bit weird to see him like that.

There was the other theory that he's resting up after carrying the team through all the injuries the first half. Probably a bit of both.

On one hand he could put in 100% full effort to prepare his game for Sochi and on the other, his priority is to get to the break healthy, then go to Sochi guns blazing.

Everything factored in, i don't blame him gearing down, given the history.

Last edited:

penspenspens

Feb 2, 2014
There was the other theory that he's resting up after carrying the team through all the injuries the first half. Probably a bit of both.

On one hand he could put in 100% full effort to prepare his game for Sochi and on the other, his priority is to get to the break healthy, then go to Sochi guns blazing.

Everything factored in, i don't blame him gearing down, given the history.
Yeah, would be great to have him play for an entire season. Hopefully he comes back and dominates the NHL again. Wouldnt mind a slow Crosby during Sochi though, since I'm not Canadian :)

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
-How is it that Steigerwald manages to sound like he's disappointed with Malkin even when he's complimenting him?

I really hate the broadcast team. It can't be said enough.

Because he is an incompetent jackwad riding the PR grind-train all the way to happy town. He might as well just get down and polish the Disco Knob, then praise his system between periods, followed by votive candles for all of our North American "soldiers". Geno is just some funny Russian guy with enigmatic talent. Barely more trustworthy than Alex Kovalev and Kovachoo. No doubt he'll be convinced in Sochi to defect and play in the KHL, especially if they win gold.

- Rob King claiming Karlsson is the "reigning" Norris trophy winner

See above.

Last edited:

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Was at the game, and I have to say the amount of obstruction and behind the play stuff is more frequent than ever.

Loved seeing the Fleury save live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad