Post-Game Talk: Government Shutdown: Pens-2, Senators-1

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Oops, totally unfair to:

++++++++ FLEURY two huge saves in the 3rd (Karlsson and Spezza) kept the Pens in this.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I always love an OT win

1245060740_kramer_and_the_kids.gif

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
+ facing some physical play and some good goaltending and not getting frustrated

- Chuck
- Disco for playing Chuck
- Shero for signing Chuck

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
+ Fleury
+ some others

- no points for Crosby
- refs

-- Chris Neil
-- not having a player like Chris Neil

--- Friday Night Tykes might actually look good enough to watch

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
++++Fighting through the garbage.

Fleury++
Neal++
Malkin++
Bort+++
Martin++

It was really a collective effort, and being down a forward right off the bat makes it even sweeter.

BrokenStick

Feb 8, 2004
Ellwood City, PA
+ The effort was there tonight. They were constantly fighting through the return of 90s obstruction hockey.

- The return of 90s obstruction hockey.

+ The save. Flower all around had a good night.

+ Rolli Polli Olli. Love that guy.

+ Sutter & Glass. Both were flying out there tonight.

- Kunitz. Did he play tonight?

+ Anderson's head. Impressively intentionally making saves with it.

+ Just a fun game to watch. Period.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Good effort by most, I thought. Fleury was incredible. We just needed to bury our chances. I'm glad Neal finally scored.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
same set of guys for plus and minus. Groundhog day. 82 of these. The only time the team played with passion is when the WB team was pea pod to Pittsburgh. This team is coasting for the playoffs and they are placing a lot of emphasis on turning it up for then. At lease I would like to think that is the case.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Good, hart fought gritty victory. All the people worried about meaningless regular season losses in January need to be reminded by this victory. This team is still top in the east. Everything is alright in Bylsmaland.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sid had a good game with not much in the score column to show for it. His linemates were... unhelpful.

Geno/Neal probably deserved to be in on the winner. Their line was the most consistently dangerous the Penguins had all night.

Decent game from Sutter.

Love Olli Maatta. I can't fault him much for the first goal.

But man... that save by Fleury. Like I said in the GDT... I'm at least glad they made it mean something. Would have been a shame if they lost after he helped keep them in it with efforts like that.

Other than that... pretty awful game to watch, truthfully. Gotta love the win, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad