Got a direct message from Jack Edwards on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Oh god not the Jack "take his head off" Edwards excuses again. I'm sure they sound right on the boston board, but thanks for coming by, and don't miss your curfew tonight!

Literally have no idea what you're referring to in my post, ya I know Jack's infamous "he's a cocky kid and one day he's gonna get his head taken off" but my post never even made a reference to that comment. I didn't bring up the Patches-Chara incident, I just responded to someone who did so I'm not sure what your issue is.

bdawg1989*

Oh god not this again. His hand didn't guide his head into the stanchion. It was interference at an unfortunate area of the ice, not too mention especially dangerous at the Bell Centre. Contact took place no later than 1.3 seconds after Pacioretty touched the puck, it wasn't as if it was hit coming out of nowhere against the flow of play.

It was still a reckless play. Very dangerous and reckless play from Chara.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Literally have no idea what you're referring to in my post, ya I know Jack's infamous "he's a cocky kid and one day he's gonna get his head taken off" but my post never even made a reference to that comment. I didn't bring up the Patches-Chara incident, I just responded to someone who did so I'm not sure what your issue is.

I know I was talking about PhaneufsPhorehead who brought up the 9-1-1 thing, as if big fanbases don't have any dumb fans. Everytime someone brings that up a big argument over the Patches-Chara incident is created.

TSC*

Oh cool. We're talking about the Chara/Pacioretti hit again. That's a new and interesting subject.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
I know I was talking about PhaneufsPhorehead who brought up the 9-1-1 thing, as if big fanbases don't have any dumb fans. Everytime someone brings that up a big argument over the Patches-Chara incident is created.

Cool, got ya. My apologies I clicked a link to get to this thread and didn't look up to notice it was the Habs board I thought it was the main board :laugh:. Wasn't trying to stir a bunch of crap up.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I have been following Jack Edwards on twitter lately, and politely having fun on some of his tweets. Other days after the Habs win over the Bruins, I told him I would send him some Habs jerseys and an autographed photo of Subban LOL.

Last night I tweeted this in response to his Bruins tweet.

"@RealJackEdwards Habs back first in NE tonight, like it should be :) #GoHabsGo"

And I was surprised this morning when he sent me a direct message

"Hey, no doubt. Montreal is the better of these two teams. Hats off to Bergevin, Therrien, & Habs for tremendous bounce-back year. "

I was like wow! Pretty classy guy but at the same time I think he genuinely knows the Habs are better than the Bruins. :naughty:

Apprently Jagr told him to stop with the excuses after the Habs-Bruins game and he has been saying that Montreal is the better team since.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
He is a big fan, like us, and it would be hard at times to stay neutral so to speak...like most announcers, he can be good, bad, or just plain ugly...

Bottom line he hates the Habs, and has a microphone to sound off...

The worst, the WORST I've ever seen from him was a Bruins-Flyers game where a Bruin hit someone and the Flyers crowd started booing after no penalty was called...He said, I swear, "And the Flyers fans are upset that no penalty was called! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

He actually went "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA", like an evil moustachio laugh.

Analyzer*

Well B's fan can be pretty cynical after a loss (more than us), especially to the NYI. So it doesn't surprise me.

That's a lie.

I don't think Boston, or Montreal are better than the other this year. It really depends on the day.

The way people see the East is it's either Pittsburgh, or Boston. "Experts" can think that, but I can tell you that both the Pens and Bruins know they very well might have to go through Montreal to get to the cup final.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The older I get, the harder time I'm having at really hating anyone who makes a living in professional sport whether it be an athlete, coach, broadcaster or whatever.

I have a new found respect for people who get to do their dream jobs and can't hold any ill will against whatever they have to do to keep it. I know I would do what it took.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Jack Edwards is a tool.

I cannot stand people who will smile at you and say the right things to make you think they are nice and care..........and then as soon as you turn your back, he reaches for the knife to stab you.

That describes Jack Edwards.

He is simply trying to pad his Twitter following by being a "nice guy". But wait for the next Habs/Bruins game and he will be back to his true self.

**** Jack Edwards.:nod:

Megaforce

I've noticed that he's playing nice these days. I have rather mixed feelings about it!

I follow the Boston chatter fairly closely, they've got some great fans and obviously some big-time losers as well.

There's one cameraman who works their games, amazing, smart, gentle guy, puts tons of interesting stuff up on his FB every day, knows lots about all the cities and their restaurants, etc.

His updates have practically replaced my sports news consumption. (PM me if you want his name, I'd recommend you find him, he doesn't tweet as much as FB).

Boston fans aren't too confident about their team even though they're still near the top of the standings.

You sense that they think the Chara era is ending soon and they'll be hard pressed to replace him.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Ok, cool there was a tweet reply from Jack Edwards, I think this thread has gone about as far as it can in this forum on the strength of that event.
/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad