Got a direct message from Jack Edwards on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxpx27

Oct 25, 2009
I have been following Jack Edwards on twitter lately, and politely having fun on some of his tweets. Other days after the Habs win over the Bruins, I told him I would send him some Habs jerseys and an autographed photo of Subban LOL.

Last night I tweeted this in response to his Bruins tweet.

"@RealJackEdwards Habs back first in NE tonight, like it should be :) #GoHabsGo"

And I was surprised this morning when he sent me a direct message

"Hey, no doubt. Montreal is the better of these two teams. Hats off to Bergevin, Therrien, & Habs for tremendous bounce-back year. "

I was like wow! Pretty classy guy but at the same time I think he genuinely knows the Habs are better than the Bruins. :naughty:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Jack is 95% a great announcer. The 5% happens during those mini-strokes he has during some Habs games, when he starts blurting out conspiracy theories and seeing visions of 1979. But yeah, he's been very solicitous this season when it comes to the Habs and the opposition in general. The colour guy - whatsisname with the Bahston accent - is pretty good.

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
Jack is 95% a great announcer. The 5% happens during those mini-strokes he has during some Habs games, when he starts blurting out conspiracy theories and seeing visions of 1979. But yeah, he's been very solicitous this season when it comes to the Habs and the opposition in general. The colour guy - whatsisname with the Bahston accent - is pretty good.

i liked him until he said [i forget what players were involved] on a clean hit...a felonious hit... really a felony?? really??

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
I've also started to hate him a lot less ever since i started following him on twitter. I think that he is a genuinely nice guy thats get carried away sometimes.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

yeah, he's confusing the hell out of me this year.

remember when he compared boston's win over montreal two years ago to the american revolution? good times... :laugh:

the color guy, brickley or whatever, i just call him brick, is indeed very good. he's always trying to leash edward's crazy

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Exactly my thoughts. And when that 5% happens it's just so over the top you can't really take him seriously.

When Alex Henry dropped the gloves that one game, Jack became so condescending it was atrocious.

mxpx27

Oct 25, 2009
Here you go everyone, I thought some of you would want proof. I was really surprised myself! Yup guess he is a closet Habs fan now :yo:

Attachments

• jackedwards.png
    jackedwards.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 163

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I'm developing a soft spot for Edwards as well for some reason. Love the fact he's so passionate about the game and his intensity. Also don't mind he trolls us in real time, gets my blood flowing.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Edwards has to be following him to send a DM I believe. So if he can prove Edwards if following him, we'd know it's true.

I believe it is just the opposite. One you follow can DM you, but you cannot reply unless they follow you.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I'm developing a soft spot for Edwards as well for some reason. Love the fact he's so passionate about the game and his intensity. Also don't mind he trolls us in real time, gets my blood flowing.
He is a big fan, like us, and it would be hard at times to stay neutral so to speak...like most announcers, he can be good, bad, or just plain ugly...

Bottom line he hates the Habs, and has a microphone to sound off...

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
I feel like Edwards gets it worst than he should. He probably puts on a show when the tv's on, but deep down, even if he's a Bruins' fan, he runs around the league and watches hockey like everyone else and knows what's up. I wouldn't be surprised if he did say something like that.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Jack Edwards puts in the work into knowing about players of the other team and actually knows his hockey compares to other play by play guys. Issue is he was a die hard bruins fans and like Don Cherry some of the "hate" if you want to call it that is because while going up, or while coaching in Cherry's case the Habs dominated the Bruins.

I dislike is during fights and stuff he is so bias but It is what it is.

Also he takes the diving thing too far, but that goes to all of Boston and their media, they just keep repeating it and thinking its true, I guess when you get that shoved in your face you start to believe it.

I actually would love to see Jack Edwards do games that don't involve the Habs or Bruins, think he would be good.

Habtchum*

I feel like Edwards gets it worst than he should. He probably puts on a show when the tv's on, but deep down, even if he's a Bruins' fan, he runs around the league and watches hockey like everyone else and knows what's up. I wouldn't be surprised if he did say something like that.

That's the name of the business. Ron Fournier is sounding like a perfect moron on his radio show most of the time.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I watched the last few minutes of the Bruins game against NYI and he was quite honest about Boston. He mentioned the misconception that the B's are a fast team as they are clearly not. He's a homer announcer that loves his team. He also knows how much his viewers hate the Habs. That makes for some outlandish situations, but in the end he's an entertainer. If he did Habs games, I'm sure I'd enjoy the broadcasts.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Edwards has to be following him to send a DM I believe. So if he can prove Edwards if following him, we'd know it's true.

Not necessarily i used t use twitter i was responding to Jamie McLennan's tweets and he Direct Msged me a response, and he wasn't following me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad