Got a direct message from Jack Edwards on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It doesn't change the fact that he's a loud mouth, homer with no integrity.

I'd love to hear him say Montreal is a better team than Boston during a game.

What a ******.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
It doesn't change the fact that he's a loud mouth, homer with no integrity.

I'd love to hear him say Montreal is a better team than Boston during a game.

What a ******.

He has to put on a show for his fans on air, there's no reason that he would make such a comment on air.

I have to admit I did gain a bit of respect for him with this.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Honestly, half you guys would suck up to Kim Jong-un if he wore a Habs jersey. How anyone could like him, after all his on-air trashing of Montreal, is beyond me. Of course its an act, but he's a tool no matter what.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Jack Edwards actually knows his hockey and is merely putting on a show for his target audience. In a way that's worse than some of the other homer announcers like the Pittsburgh team that seems to have no idea what they are talking about, because Edwards does know better, but he also know what Bruins fans want to hear.

I find him fair on twitter, and overall he does give the Habs respect until a fight breaks out at least. Until it comes to fighting, he's probably more objective than the Leafs homers on TSN.

I still refuse to listen to his announcing though. If the only stream available is a NESN one, I use mute.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He has to put on a show for his fans on air, there's no reason that he would make such a comment on air.

I have to admit I did gain a bit of respect for him with this.

You don't have to lose all integrity to put on a show. Rick Jeanneret, Doc Emrick are incredibly exciting to listen to and do an awesome job at bringing the game to life without having to resort to pandering to the home crowd. Sure, there will always be some favortism but Edwards take it to a whole new level and in doing so, lowers the fans to even more ignorant levels.

Sure it's nice to see the human side to a guy you think is 1 demensional, but it doesn't mean he's all of a sudden a good guy. Serial killers can seem like great guys under the right circumstances, doesn't mean I want to be friends with one.

Edwards = zero integrity shift disturber in my books. He'd have to pull me out of a burning building for me to change mymind about him. 1 non biased tweet does not change his body of work.

BJG

Jul 30, 2005
I went to college in New England in the late 80s/early 90s. Derek Sanderson was the color guy on NESN and he would say things like' Everyone in the league knows the refs are in the pockets of the Canadiens'. It was beyond hatred. It was delusional. The play-by-play guy, whose name I don't remember, was almost as psychotic. A his worst, Edwards doesn't approach the level of toxicity from those years.

Though I still think he's a d***.

dreamingofdrouin*

It's not like he has any other choice but than to be humble...he seized an opportunity to make him self look credible, but make no doubt about it he's gritting his teeth and waking up in hot flashes and clenched fists because of whats happening. He's a fanboy....and homer fanboy..nothing more....don;t buy his ********...the second the habs are down and his bruins aren't, in any aspect...he'll jump on it and throw it in our faces again.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
You don't have to lose all integrity to put on a show. Rick Jeanneret, Doc Emrick are incredibly exciting to listen to and do an awesome job at bringing the game to life without having to resort to pandering to the home crowd. Sure, there will always be some favortism but Edwards take it to a whole new level and in doing so, lowers the fans to even more ignorant levels.

Sure it's nice to see the human side to a guy you think is 1 demensional, but it doesn't mean he's all of a sudden a good guy. Serial killers can seem like great guys under the right circumstances, doesn't mean I want to be friends with one.

Edwards = zero integrity shift disturber in my books. He'd have to pull me out of a burning building for me to change mymind about him. 1 non biased tweet does not change his body of work.

First, I never said he's a good guy, all I said was that I had gained a bit of respect for him.

Second, he has to pander to the Bruins fanbase and is an emotional guy so that makes a combination for some crazy things to be said. I'm not excusing him for those things he has said, all I'm saying is I understand why he said them.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You know that Edwards crossed the line when even most of the Bruins fans are calling his comments classless and totally disrespectful, as most called him out for his Emelin comments when Alex was injured. (Did anybody has his comments? I didn't hear them...).

Yet, most of them are fine with him most of the time, which in the end, is the reason why Edwards is doing his games....because it's mostly addressed to guys whose favorite team is the same than him. And I have no problem with it. Enough of the supposed journalist who are "suppose" to be fair with everybody, who doesn't have a favorite team and so on. Most people are able to have a favorite team and yet be fair. But noooooo. Not the great journalists. At least Edwards doesn't hide. Crosses the line in some occasions....but just imagine our own announcers with some "Get up" rants and so on. We'd applaud him. Again, let's hope he doesn't cross the line too much.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
One thing I will give him credit for is he certainly knows how to "brainwash" that fan base to make them believe everything he says

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
One thing I will give him credit for is he certainly knows how to "brainwash" that fan base to make them believe everything he says

He didn't have to do that, he just inherited the legacy and continued it. Let's not give him to much credit for that part.

He just has to continue the pandering to the Bruins fans.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
jack Edwards is actually a very knowledgable and swell guy, he just gets carried away at times. E gets on our nerves too believe me

To me he seems like an agitator, when he's playing (commentating) under control his teammates (fans) love him and opponents respect him. When he does something boneheaded (says something stupid) even some of his teammates turn on him briefly.

MaCam

Oct 5, 2005
Eastern Mass

Edit: NVM.

Last edited:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
He didn't even have to go as far as saying that the habs are a better team. The Bruins are more tested, and proven. Winning the division would be one step, but to completely knock them off their perch, a deeper playoff run, or a run where you go through boston would help solidify that viewpoint.

Its nice to win a season series against them, but I still reserve judgement that the habs are clearly the better team, especially with the huge blow on D right now.

Its Alright Ma

Jul 19, 2010

He didn't have to do that, he just inherited the legacy and continued it. Let's not give him to much credit for that part.

He just has to continue the pandering to the Bruins fans.

Im not sure what your intentions were, but this comes off as very condescending and ignorant

No Bruins fan takes Jack seriously, he's entertainment, nothing more.
And of course we're brainwashed, we're SPORTS fans. We think people putting a rubber disc into a net is a meaningful event, you can't get any more brainwashed than that. The insinuation that Bruins fans are the only ones who drink the kool-aid struck me as out of place even for the Habs board >.>

In any event Jack's right, you guys ARE better right now. Hopefully you aren't better come the second round, but I'm not exactly optimistic

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Jack starts off every broadcast sounding like the best in the business then ends it like a nutcase. Emotional guy especially with rivalries. I can't stand his comments during fights or dives and his whining but apart from that, he's pretty good. When bruins face neutral teams he keeps his composure better.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I can't stand the guy unwatchable, it's like watching a white sox game with Hawk Harrelson calling the game, hate these guys who think they are on the team cause they are announcers

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I have been following Jack Edwards on twitter lately, and politely having fun on some of his tweets. Other days after the Habs win over the Bruins, I told him I would send him some Habs jerseys and an autographed photo of Subban LOL.

Last night I tweeted this in response to his Bruins tweet.

"@RealJackEdwards Habs back first in NE tonight, like it should be :) #GoHabsGo"

And I was surprised this morning when he sent me a direct message

"Hey, no doubt. Montreal is the better of these two teams. Hats off to Bergevin, Therrien, & Habs for tremendous bounce-back year. "

I was like wow! Pretty classy guy but at the same time I think he genuinely knows the Habs are better than the Bruins. :naughty:

No surprise,i mean Boston is 1-4-1 this year*against the Canadiens and Penguins ,so what else can he say?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I have been following Jack Edwards on twitter lately, and politely having fun on some of his tweets. Other days after the Habs win over the Bruins, I told him I would send him some Habs jerseys and an autographed photo of Subban LOL.

Last night I tweeted this in response to his Bruins tweet.

"@RealJackEdwards Habs back first in NE tonight, like it should be :) #GoHabsGo"

And I was surprised this morning when he sent me a direct message

"Hey, no doubt. Montreal is the better of these two teams. Hats off to Bergevin, Therrien, & Habs for tremendous bounce-back year. "

I was like wow! Pretty classy guy but at the same time I think he genuinely knows the Habs are better than the Bruins. :naughty:

Other Boston media sayin same...
http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/haggerty-bs-just-arent-good-habs-penguins

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
This kind of stuff makes me think Jack Edwards has a lot in common with Don Cherry.

Grapes has this bigger than life persona on TV but off air he is a very humble and nice gentleman who gives a lot of his time for good causes. At a hockey tournament for special needs last year he went and watched the entire day and stayed behind until every kid got to meet him, take a picture and get an autograph.

The way Jack Edwards is on TV it's hard to believe he's actually like that since he seems pretty educated and intelligent. He understands what he needs to do to be successful in the market he's in and does it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad