Proposal: Gostisbehere

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fletcher is not going to make any trades that make the current roster worse so they can add futures like a 1st. Those days are over. Any trade will have to make the current roster better today and for the forseeable future.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers might make a 3 way deal, where they get a 1st then flip it for another player.
But they're out of the accumulate draft picks mode.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Oilers fan, I didn't see a trade thread.

Could Ghost potentially be available? I heard a few fans saying they'd be interested in a Ghost for Nurse+ deal. Here are a few ideas:

Nurse + 1st for Ghost
Nurse + Talbot + 2nd for Ghost + Nuevrith

You'd need to add another player who's related to a former Philly sports star for this to work.

If you have a Barkley nephew, that might do it.

A ginger-haired grandson of Mike Schmidt would be ideal. Wonderful marketing potential. :sarcasm:

Seriously, I think (actually, it's more of a hope) that when Fletch is finished with his North American Flyers Assessment tour he'll want to lose the beet farmer and bring in a clone of Jon Cooper, who will find Ghost very helpful in his up-tempo, high puck pressure, quick break-out system, where a defender is permitted not only to join a rush, but to lead one too.

So, no thank you. :D

nuclear reactor

Apr 5, 2010
Acquired picks can always be used in deals for players in the future. That's why I'd like Fletcher to trade Simmonds for a 1st now, so he can use that pick at the deadline or draft to add a player for the future. Probably not the case for Gostisbehere though, although I don't believe he is untouchable for one second.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Wow, you guys are a hostile group.

I saw a Flyers fan proposing this on the Oilers board, so I wanted to see if the rest of the fanbase was down for it too.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I saw a Flyers fan proposing this on the Oilers board, so I wanted to see if the rest of the fanbase was down for it too.

I'm guessing it was Boxscore? He's known for posting non-sensical trade proposals on the main boards.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

Many folks dont appreciate the value Ghost brings, especially at his current cap hit. IF he is getting moved it needs to be for a major piece in return - a young, cost controlled center, not a less effective defenseman (and a lefty to boot). Adding a pick is nice, but we are up to our gills in prospects and have a coach who wont play kids if his life depended on it.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Who said that, thats what id like to know, because hed lose his ability to be a flyers fan
I did. Ghost is vastly overrated around here. If he’s not scoring he’s a liability. Nurse is exactly the type of player we need, and would go along way to making Philly tough to play against again and not the cake walk everyone considers us currently.

Not to mention, with Edmonton’s lottery luck and our current status, that could be two top 5 picks.

Reactions: achdumeingute

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I did. Ghost is vastly overrated around here. If he’s not scoring he’s a liability. Nurse is exactly the type of player we need, and would go along way to making Philly tough to play against again and not the cake walk everyone considers us currently.

Not to mention, with Edmonton’s lottery luck and our current status, that could be two top 5 picks.

Unless Nurse is an excellent coach to boot, that won't change.

Reactions: kelmitchell

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Jesse Blacker was always included. No Toronto trade proposal can go without some Blacker.
tumblr_lyx297ug6j1qkyo4ro2_250.gif

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
If we do in fact trade Ghost, I like the idea the Blues fans on the main board throw out there, Ghost+Nuevirth for Parakyo+Allen. I would ask for an additonal small add from the Blues for taking Allen’s contract. At least this is accomplishing something for Philly, getting a RHD to pair with Provorov, while opening up a spot on PP1 for Provorov or Sanheim. Too bad they balked at the inclusion of Voracek/Tarasenko.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad