Proposal: Gostisbehere

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghost is in his prime, he's not going to get bigger or faster, and last year developed a two way game, there just isn't much room for improvement, other than quicker decision making.

I'm concerned that he looks a little slower this year, is there an injury they're hiding or does he have a bit of a chronic condition?

He's even struggled to get the puck on net this year. Definitely not playing as well as last season.

2017-18 1.12 pp/60, CF 51.40, CFrel +2.20, GF/GA 58/41, xGF 52.37, xGFrel +2.41
2018-19: 0.53 pp/60, CF 51.14, CFrel -0.08, GF/GA 15/22, xGF 49.62, xGFrel -2.26

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
First 3 seasons:
Scott Niedermayer - GP: 209, G: 25, A: 80
Ghost - GP: 220, G: 37, A: 113

I'll pass.

Pretty good example of how Flyers fans over-value Ghost. I like the guy but Niedermayer was a great, all around, Norris winning, HoF defenseman. Ghost is a good offensive defenseman. If you want to compare him to a former Devils defenseman Rafalski is the guy you're looking for, not Nieds. And Rafalski was a good player.

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
@ConnorMcMullet forget Ghost, I got something special for you! Have you ever heard about THE BEST HITTER IN THE MOTHERF***ING UNIVERSE ROBERT "THE REAPER" HAGG!!!? Just imagine this furious beast flying around McDavid destroying everything that moves!!! Sounds good, doesn't it? It will cost you only Talbot + top 10 protected 1st.
Lol ok.

On a serious not though, I would like one of Hagg or Gudas on the Oilers. What would it realistically take?

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Pretty good example of how Flyers fans over-value Ghost. I like the guy but Niedermayer was a great, all around, Norris winning, HoF defenseman. Ghost is a good offensive defenseman. If you want to compare him to a former Devils defenseman Rafalski is the guy you're looking for, not Nieds. And Rafalski was a good player.
That wood be good too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Ghost hype in this thread is absolutely insane.

The guy is a high-wire act who will forever imperil the stability of this team's backline. I love watching him, but if winning games is your thing, the sooner he goes the better imo.

Possibly the worst hot take in Flyers forum history

tenor.gif

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Are you guys not too high on Hagg? Is he good defensively?

Hagg cant defend the rush and his puck skills are non-existent. Hes pretty much only good at winning board battles and defending around the net. He would be fine as a #6 but our braindead coach has used him as a top 3-4 dman since his 1st NHL game and its hurt us. Gudas is much better.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Lol ok.

On a serious not though, I would like one of Hagg or Gudas on the Oilers. What would it realistically take?
I don't know Oilers' roster well but we need a 3rd line center who can PK. Is RNH any good at it? I think could build a trade around Hagg and RNH.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I don't know Oilers' roster well but we need a 3rd line center who can PK. Is RNH any good at it? I think could build a trade around Hagg and RNH.
I would do it, but I just realized that Hagg is left-handed. We have enough of those.

Who's right-handed on your team. Maybe Giroux?

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
With LA, Chicago, and St. Louis really struggling, there could be some top end players becoming available between now and the draft.

Not all of these players will become available, but if they do, Fletcher would be able to outbid anyone of the return is based on picks/prospects.

Doughty
Kopitar
Carter
Quick
———
Kane
Crawford
Keith
———
Pietrangelo
Tarasenko
Parayko