LeBrun: Gostisbehere available for trade

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
If I'm Philly I would try to move Ghost for Krug's rights. That would open up the cap room Philly would need to re-sign Krug. It would also give Boston an offensive defenseman since they are losing Krug.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
What happened to him? I see to recall a lot of future Norris posts etc after his first season?

Injuries? Flash in the pan?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The Hagg extension has to chip away at the Flyers' leverage here, no?

It wasn't really a secret before that they'd be comfortable moving him; now, it's very clear that he isn't part of the plan.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What happened to him? I see to recall a lot of future Norris posts etc after his first season?

He sucks in his own end without the puck. Terrible at clearing the front of the net, not physical, and is limited with neutralization along the boards. Way too many people looking at points and ignoring everything else. He's a great puck mover and has offensive tools yes. So you need to have him paired up with a RD stud.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Why does Ghost get the benefit of doubt due to usage by his coach but Domi does not get the same benefit when Julien was way harder on him vs AV on Ghost?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
This guy can't be a regular with either Braun or Myers. It's not like he has lost a step like Gardiner, either.

For the cap/term, a team is better off throwing money at Barrie as a UFA.
I'd be very cautious with Barrie. He was given plenty of chances with different partners and with both PP units and looked mediocre most of the time.

Reactions: Luckylarry

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Several posters on the Flyers board say he is a top pair dman. So that should be his value..

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Habs should be all over this. What is Philly looking for? Draft pick? LW? RW?

Reactions: Brownies

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

1) 3 knee surgeries on one knee including acl and one knee surgery on the other. After break his speed looked better in limited action.

2) Been a up and down confidence guy. He will pinch on a play and give up a 2 or 1 and you go GRRR. You can't do like AV and bench when you see the bad play.

3) He needs to play with talented players. So say he is pinching and playing 3rd pair with 4th line. And he gambles and gets the puck. Well if he has to pass to puck to 4th liners or Braun even if its the right pinch so what? But if he pinches and say for example a farabee a forward with d responsibility back him up defensively on the point, and tries to score with TK and Hayes, then I can see chance of success.

Ghost needs a change of scenery and I think will play much better if you make him say a 4 d-man no 1 pp guy and leave him alone. Injuries biggest fear factor. If you want a safe D-man who won't make UMMM decisions then pass on Ghost. But with right change of scenery he could be a ED keeper easily.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
I'd love to find a way to get Ghost in Minnesota. Of course, Dumba would have to be traded first. Does Philly want Dumba for Ghost+? Or do the Flyers want forwards coming back?

Flyers need ELC players since they screwed their cap up w/ Hayes...also bc of Seattle draft

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
If I'm Philly I would try to move Ghost for Krug's rights. That would open up the cap room Philly would need to re-sign Krug. It would also give Boston an offensive defenseman since they are losing Krug.
Philly does not have 7.5m in cap space to sign a f/a. They also have their 3 ED d-men in Sanheim, Myers, and Provorov. The hold up for any Johnny Hockey, fill in scoring forward trade is Flyers have to make it fit under the cap to work.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Habs should be all over this. What is Philly looking for? Draft pick? LW? RW?

Prolly just a draft pick. Flyers need cap space and, more importantly, need to avoid Seattle draft eligibility

A top 10 protected 1st in 2021 would be good so Flys can trade it to Seattle to choose which player to select

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Philly does not have 7.5m in cap space to sign a f/a. They also have their 3 ED d-men in Sanheim, Myers, and Provorov. The hold up for any Johnny Hockey, fill in scoring forward trade is Flyers have to make it fit under the cap to work.

The other BIG issue for Gaudreau is Calgary would likely want Sanheim or Myers...in addition to Konecny or Farabee. So, ummm, tough trade.

I'd gladly upgrade Konecny or Farabee for Gaudreau but dont think I'm moving of Myers, Sanheim, Ivan. Perhaps Cam + Konency??? Value okay ?? Maybe a 2nd thrown in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad