Gordie Howe Passes Away at the age of 88

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Ugh, commented on the main thread, but thoughts are with Howe's family and the Red Wing nation. Mr. Hockey was in a league of his own, R.I.P. sir.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Must've just happened because there's nothing about it online. Too bad this will get overshadowed by Ali's funeral coverage.

RIP

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Rest in Peace Mr Hockey Gordie Howe, I had the honor and privilege of meeting Gordie back in 1977 during a Red Wings old timers game in Southfield, Michigan he was really nice and a true Red Wings legend. Prayers out to the Howe family as well.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
I'm at a loss for words. Gordie was pure class and one of the greatest to ever play the game. This is a wound for the entire hockey world.

My condolences to the Howe family.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
RIP #9. I was too young to ever watch him play live, but have watched all the highlight videos. My girlfriend's dad gave me a signed Howe card and puck that he had from the 60s, which I will proudly display for years to come. I also got to meet him and shale his hand about 5 years ago in Ottawa, something I will always remember.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I got to shake his hand and have him sign my copy of his autobiography at a bookstore in downtown Detroit. This was probably 20 years ago. Even with Gordie at that age I was surprised at how big his hands were and how broad his shoulders. Very sweet guy, he talked one on one to an endless line of fans like they were the only one in the room.

RIP Mr. Hockey.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Got to meet him once too about 25 years ago, very classy. I hope they retire the name Mr. Hockey. If anyone ever tries to be Mr. Hockey ever again I will riot! RIP

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
We should start a campaign to change the name of the new arena from the Little Caesars arena to the Gordie Howe arena

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad