Confirmed with Link: Gord Dineen Named Head Coach Of Toronto Marlies

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
They could have brought in someone with a gift for developing players AND kept Dineen on board.

true, but IMO, i think there are better candidates out there than him.

It's always been interesting to me how people like to complain about something without offering a better solutions. I have no problem with these opinions so long as you at least try to offer an alternative. Otherwise you just wound like a bunch of whining *****es.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
It's always been interesting to me how people like to complain about something without offering a better solutions. I have no problem with these opinions so long as you at least try to offer an alternative. Otherwise you just wound like a bunch of whining *****es.

i edited my previous post, hope its to your liking.

EastVan

Jun 25, 2014

I would, except I am not knowledgable when it comes to coaches in the junior ranks.

My point was that the last two Marlies head coaches wound up with NHL positions.

Therefore this position should be able to attract coaches with high level potential/ NHL aspirations. From what I've heard about Dineen he doesn't strike me as that sort of guy. I could be wrong.

Somewhere else in the thread I also mentioned how I thought someone with a proven track record of developing talented centers should have been a priority, especially with the possibility of an asset such as Nylander suiting up there next season.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

i agree every marlie player and coach deserve the promotions they recieved ,,,,,u reward hard work ,,,,,,great job shanny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad