OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I thought nycfc always had bad attendance?

But, their fans were only given 3 days and it was Halloween night, a recipe for a sparse crowd for sure.

Who do they play next?

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
nycfc’s average attendance in 2018 isn’t a sellout at rba, and even their own sbnation blog called last night “embarrassing” in regards to the crowd.

they think a proper park *alone* is going to magically fix everything. :laugh:

clearly the yankee stadium sightlines haven’t deterred them in 2015 thru 2017 to the degree they are now. we *knew* yankee stadium was a joke for a soccer match from the beginning. it was a joke when they had friendlies there before nycfc was founded. the honeymoon is long over.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
nycfc’s average attendance in 2018 isn’t a sellout at rba, and even their own sbnation blog called last night “embarrassing” in regards to the crowd.

clearly the yankee stadium sightlines haven’t deterred them in 2015 thru 2017 to the degree they are now. we *knew* yankee stadium was a joke for a soccer match from the beginning. it was a joke when they had friendlies there before nycfc was founded. the honeymoon is long over.

Do they have plans for a soccer only stadium?

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
As a rule, baseball stadiums are terrible for soccer because the view lines are all over the place. Sporting KC almost went belly up because they played at a minor league baseball stadium for a few years. If you think Yankee Stadium is bad, it’s nothing compared to a 12k seat ballpark.

Do they have plans for a soccer only stadium?
Nothing settled yet, but the latest plan calls for development in another part of the South Bronx along with some housing. People are already calling it a gentrification Death Star or something to that effect, which is probably not off-base given how much palm greasing goes on at the expense of communities in NYC. But if they’re to survive, they need a stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I thought nycfc always had bad attendance?

But, their fans were only given 3 days and it was Halloween night, a recipe for a sparse crowd for sure.

Who do they play next?

It might be 3 days notice on a confirmed date but the playoff schedule was released in late August / early September. If you're a fan of a team that's sitting in the 3-6 seeds you knew your team was gonna be playing either the 31st/1st in the knockout round.

I've had my scheduled cleared for all the possible playoff games since it got released, lucked out too cause the Devils are away during all the possible playoff dates.

If people really wanted to go they would make it work.

Reactions: New Jersey

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It might be 3 days notice on a confirmed date but the playoff schedule was released in late August / early September. If you're a fan of a team that's sitting in the 3-6 seeds you knew your team was gonna be playing either the 31st/1st in the knockout round.

I've had my scheduled cleared for all the possible playoff games since it got released, lucked out too cause the Devils are away during all the possible playoff dates.

If people really wanted to go they would make it work.

They just don't have that many fans I guess.
Going to the South Bronx on Halloween is not on many's bucket list either.

Who do they play next?

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
They just don't have that many fans I guess.
Going to the South Bronx on Halloween is not on many's bucket list either.

Who do they play next?
Atlanta is next for them on account of being the highest ranked of the wild card teams, since DCU and the Crew are 4 and 5, while Philly was 6.

If they weren’t going to be facing NYRB I’d cheer for Columbus to win it all. And if we pull a MetroStars and blow it to them, I’ll cheer for them anyway. They’re getting absolutely screwed by Precourt and Garber seems to have forgotten what a black eye MLS got from the Earthquakes-to-Houston move.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Atlanta is next for them on account of being the highest ranked of the wild card teams, since DCU and the Crew are 4 and 5, while Philly was 6.

If they weren’t going to be facing NYRB I’d cheer for Columbus to win it all. And if we pull a MetroStars and blow it to them, I’ll cheer for them anyway. They’re getting absolutely screwed by Precourt and Garber seems to have forgotten what a black eye MLS got from the Earthquakes-to-Houston move.

I'll never cheer for Columbus, ever. Still pissed off about 08 and 15.

Plus Columbus is staying. The guy who owns the Cleveland Browns is going to take over the team and Precourt is essentially going to get an expansion type team in Austin. They just haven't finalized all the details.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

yankee stadium is a disgrace for soccer…..how the hell can professionals play on a pitch that size? better yet, why does the league allow it.

Reactions: NJDevils7

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
Plus Columbus is staying. The guy who owns the Cleveland Browns is going to take over the team and Precourt is essentially going to get an expansion type team in Austin. They just haven't finalized all the details.
That’s good, it would have been a black eye for MLS to let that debacle go through. Plus, where would they play if they moved immediately? The Longhorns stadium? I hear there’s barely any space in Austin or its immediate area as it is.

The bad news is that the owner of the Cleveland Browns is a criminal. But that’s being a sports owner for you. You don’t get billions without stepping on people.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
That’s good, it would have been a black eye for MLS to let that debacle go through. Plus, where would they play if they moved immediately? The Longhorns stadium? I hear there’s barely any space in Austin or its immediate area as it is.

The bad news is that the owner of the Cleveland Browns is a criminal. But that’s being a sports owner for you. You don’t get billions without stepping on people.

If any city in Texas deserves a team it's San Antonio, they get solid crowds for their USL team and they could possibly expand the stadium. Houston and Dallas both have terrible attendance so I don't see the need to throw a team in Austin either. Have no idea about locations and what not for an Austin stadium.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Agree, Mark Cuban an example

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Liverpol at Arsenal today

Most of you guys like Liverpool, right?

well there is certainly more than one liverpool fan around here but idk who of them posts a lot within the devils board anymore. we also have/had man united, arsenal, newcastle support here, among others in england and other countries. (juventus)

not happy with that result even though we didn’t lose.

every point dropped matters when you’re chasing manchester city nowadays.

between that draw and the f***ing devils i had a shitty saturday.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Absolutely f***ing embarrassing that they couldn't score an away goal. They barely looked like they even wanted to attack.

Even more pathetic that Columbus just played 120 mins on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad