OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #123 - USMNT, EPL, MLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Between TAM and Garber Bucks and all the other mechanics, nobody outside Garber and the GMs know exactly how much cap room a given team has. I was at RB for over three seasons and not once did anyone admit to knowing the actual number

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
MLS keeps those numbers internal lol

They don't release anything? Not even the lengths of the contracts?

http://www.spotrac.com/mls/toronto-fc/

Something like that?

And just as a side, I worked part time with TFC this past season and man oh man what a ride. As soon as the Sounders keeper made that amazing save off Altidore's header that game was pretty much destined for pens, and the eventual loss. Was a disappointing end for sure but the journey was awesome. I'll never forget that game against Montreal, it had everything and was probably the craziest sporting event I've ever been to live.

I was gunning moreso for length of contract. I've always found it a bit odd watching the Red Bulls and not knowing which players were short term stopgaps or longterm option. It seems like the only time you ever find out about a players future is from a news article.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
They don't release anything? Not even the lengths of the contracts?

I was gunning moreso for length of contract. I've always found it a bit odd watching the Red Bulls and not knowing which players were short term stopgaps or longterm option. It seems like the only time you ever find out about a players future is from a news article.

Lengths aren't formally announced by the league but usually reporters find those. Most MLS contracts are option heavy though so it's really tough to get a gauge on that anyway

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Pretty crazy that Ricketts and Hagglund (who both saw significant playoff time) only make $63,000 !! While their teammates Bradley, Giovinco and Altidore are making 4-5 million each.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
RBNY re-signed Aurelien Collin. He was by far the best defender for the team last year and it's great to have him back.

In true Red Bull fashion, no other signings have happened, they only have 20 players signed currently, and there's a Champions League game coming up on 2/22 surrounded by a ridiculous pre-season schedule.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
They just don't care about CCL. They don't care to market to third world Central American countries. Eventually the fanbase will completely realize what Red Bull is trying to do

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Yea the lack of marketing for this CCL game doesn't make any sense. (But you could say that about their lack of marketing in general) I'm way more excited for the CCL game than the MLS regular season opener. I have a feeling there's going to be like 1,000 people at this game, probably all in the South Ward....**** it though, Ill probably go anyway

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Please do come!

The third world Latin American countries are gone though. This match is against Vancouver and the semi-finals would be against a big Mexican club.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
IDC how many others are watching, at least we know the people at the game are real fans who care, and not just bandwagon fans who don't know whats going on.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
How does Montreal get 60,000 fans for the CCL final.... yet the Red Bulls don't bother to market this game? Is there really that much of a difference?

Couple small factors. Montreal is more of a European city which would explain them caring about Cups more. The CCL was also their first big games as an MLS club. The dome making the weather tolerable helps as well.

The biggest thing though is that the Montreal organization as a whole took that competition more serious, going back to the group stage they beat Red Bull in. Ultimately all Red Bull wants is MLS Cup. Marsch and company want to win the US Open and CCL but ultimately the support given to them from the higher ups is limited for the extra competitions. And it shows with the marketing and ticket campaigns they have for those games.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Its not like it really costs anything to market this game though....wouldn't they want as many people buying tickets as possible? They still make money when people go to the game no matter what competition it is. IS this game even going to be on TV? I didn't think about that.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yeah I don't really understand why post-bombing social media and offering ticket deals subsequently making more money off of merch and concessions would change how the team approaches anything. I think any player you ask would rather have fans in the stands.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Yeah I don't really understand why post-bombing social media and offering ticket deals subsequently making more money off of merch and concessions would change how the team approaches anything. I think any player you ask would rather have fans in the stands.

Right? It's going to be a low attended game as it is...might as well give away cheap tickets, get people in the stands buying parking, food, beer, whatever, and create a better atmosphere too.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Right? It's going to be a low attended game as it is...might as well give away cheap tickets, get people in the stands buying parking, food, beer, whatever, and create a better atmosphere too.

They haven't even announced anything about ticketing for this game. We don't know if it's included in the season ticket packages... if we have to purchase them... or anything. If you go to the Red Bulls website you might not even realize that there is a match on Feb 22.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
When I talked to my ticket rep like a month ago he said it would most likely be $10 tickets.

I just got an e-mail from the Red Bulls

Tickets to the Champions League match are NOT included in Red Member season ticket packages.

Tickets are available as a pre-sale for red members for $20-50.

They actually don't want us to go.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I just got an e-mail from the Red Bulls

Tickets to the Champions League match are NOT included in Red Member season ticket packages.

Tickets are available as a pre-sale for red members for $20-50.

They actually don't want us to go.

Remember, this isn't an MLS game, CONCACAF is calling the shots on ticket rules. I'm not familiar with their process but they may want $5-10 themselves for each ticket sold. They're definitely getting some sort of cut.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So the stupid Red Member pre-sale is up for the Champions League match and the South Ward is CLOSED. The team is only selling tickets in sections 122 through 130.

Sections 122-123 and 129-130 are $20
Sections 124 and 128 are $30
Sections 125, 126, and 127 are $50

With this set up, I can tell the team store will be closed along with the clubs and the corner pub. No places to get warm. God I hate this team sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad