OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #123 - USMNT, EPL, MLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I can't even rationalize how dumb of a decision that is. Sad to see the team deteriorate into this

So here's the thing. I called my ticket rep and was able to purchase my own tickets in section 102 for this game. So now people in the South Ward are buying tickets elsewhere because they don't even know they can do this. There is absolutely no communication from the team what-so-ever.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Yea, I thought I couldn't buy South Ward either but ended up getting tix in 101 through ESC. But I should have been able to buy those straight from the RedBulls. You are right the lack of communication is crazy, doesn't make any sense...

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
So the stupid Red Member pre-sale is up for the Champions League match and the South Ward is CLOSED. The team is only selling tickets in sections 122 through 130.

Sections 122-123 and 129-130 are $20
Sections 124 and 128 are $30
Sections 125, 126, and 127 are $50

With this set up, I can tell the team store will be closed along with the clubs and the corner pub. No places to get warm. God I hate this team sometimes.

If anything, this would have been a good opportunity to open and showcase the clubs and corner pub. Let the fans stay warm and also check out those places, and maybe buy future tickets there. I've never been in either of those places, I have no idea what they even look like.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I saw people were calling their reps to get their tickets in the South Ward so I did the same. 20 bucks a ticket.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Sooooo now the rumor is that Marsch is leaving the team to go coach Red Bull Salzburg.

GoalVerified account
‏@goal
Sources: Chris Armas to be named new Red Bulls coach as Jesse Marsch moves to Red Bull Salzburg

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Still no confirmation either way... Someone on Facebook claims to have talked to Jesse Marsch on Google Chat and Jesse said he's not going anywhere.

Also, the source that started all this says Salzburg's current coach is going to take the Malaga CF job..... which was filled in December. So hopefully this is all nothing. It still is strange that Jesse has spent a LOT of time this offseason in Europe and he is still there while missing the combine and the draft.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Soo now they are saying that Jesse is staying? I won't believe anything until it is 100% confirmed. Soccer rumors are out of control.

If he does leave, I would be pretty mad. Yes, I know its a better opportunity. But him and Ali Curtis have talked so much about how they want to change the future and identity of the club as a whole, I think it would be wrong of him to just bail out like that.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So now with Jesse Marsch staying, Ali Curtis has gone MIA. He cancelled his workshops at the combine and left town before Jesse showed up from Europe and hasn't been heard from since. Very weird things going on over there.

Also.... Dax McCarty was traded to Chicago for $200,000 general allocation money this year and $200k next year for $400,000 total. One of the largest financial returns in a trade in league history.

I love Dax and will miss him very much. He is a fan favorite (this team really doesn't want us falling in love with anyone do they haha). I can see why they did this. He had a down year last year and the RB midfield is stacked with Gonzalo Veron, Daniel Royer, Mike Grella, Alex Muyl, Sacha Kljestan, Felipe Martins, and Sean Davis as well as Tyler Adams probably getting some first team time this season. Dax was a big salary and was kind of not needed anymore. That being said, the Fire will be better with Dax in the lineup.

The Red Bulls need to address the back line. They may be content with entering the season with Lawrence, Collin, and Baah back there but they still need a right back with Duvall gone. They need center back depth as well as they are in three competitions at the same time. They have made some home grown signings to address that but I think they will use the cap space and insane amount of allocation money to address the right back and striker positions. We may be seeing a 4-2-2-2 this year. I know they are still trying to negotiate to bring Perrinelle back as well.

BWP-New Guy(Veron)

Veron(Grella)-Felipe-Kljestan-Royer

Lawrence-Collin-Baah(New Guy)-New Guy

Robles

With a bench of:
Grella, Muyl, Etienne Jr, Zizzo, Davis, Lade, Meara

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I saw this coming honestly. Davis is ready to step in for Dax and Adams is ready to be last year's Davis. That said, this team needs another attacker, be it a LW or a striker. And as you said, they need a starting caliber RB big time.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Yea, as much as it sucks to the eye it's a solid sale for Red Bull. Dax was diminishing and the midfield was already crowded. Only issues is CCL is a month away and I think they only have 19 players on contract so they need to get moving.

Also, my condolences to the new Juve badge

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I saw this coming honestly. Davis is ready to step in for Dax and Adams is ready to be last year's Davis. That said, this team needs another attacker, be it a LW or a striker. And as you said, they need a starting caliber RB big time.

There were rumors swirling around that we were acquiring Terrence Boyd and Leonel Vangioni (AC Milan wing back) on loan. Boyd went to England and there's been no movement on Vangioni. He's a solid acquisition if they can pull it off and he would probably slot right in at the RB position.

I honestly think the team is going to look to the academy and RB 2 for these positions. They just don't want to spend the money.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yea, as much as it sucks to the eye it's a solid sale for Red Bull. Dax was diminishing and the midfield was already crowded. Only issues is CCL is a month away and I think they only have 19 players on contract so they need to get moving.

Also, my condolences to the new Juve badge

They change their logo every 6-10 years so I'm not surprised this happened... but this is terrible. I know exactly what they were trying to do. In 1897, the logo was a solid J. They are trying to call back to the history of the club while making it modern. If the logo makes its way onto the kits, I will be furious... I hope it's just a branding icon. They use the letter J for the different sects of the stadium and the organization... so if that is what this new logo is for, that's fine.

juventus-museum-and-tour.jpg

0001.variant525x310.jpg

This stadium is so beautiful

Juventus-Stadium-1280x800.jpg

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
And while on the subject of kits, I'm sad Spurs are going to Nike. Obviously glad at the 30M a year they're gonna get but Under Armour made some beautiful shirts for them but at Nike they'll be just another club using their templates and ugly third jerseys

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
RBNY really is crazytown right now

Pablo MaurerVerified account
‏@MLSist
Have heard some very loud rumblings that #RBNY sporting director Ali Curtis has indeed been let go by the club. Awaiting confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad