OT: Gooooooal!! The All-Purpose Association Football Thread #123 - USMNT, EPL, MLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah he could have survived a draw against Mexico and a close loss to Costa Rica but to lose at home and then get blowed up 4-0 was truly the last straw after a string of poor results at all levels.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The field delays were worth the wait for the home fans.

Was embarrassing for the organization, but their team knows how to win playoff games this year.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The field delays were worth the wait for the home fans.

Was embarrassing for the organization, but their team knows how to win playoff games this year.

It's not as good as you think. Those away goals are killers. Toronto could win 1-0 at home and move on to the final even though it's 3-3.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Toronto's in decent shape. They're gonna score at home. The key will be to play better defense

Also, it probably wasn't the organization's fault. That's not their home stadium and the grounds crew there probably isn't familiar with soccer fields as they should be.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Huge move.

Looking forward to next year's lineup:

BWP-Boyd

Veron-Kljestan-McCarty(Felipe)-Royer

Lawrence-Collin-Baah(Perrinelle/New Guy)-Duvall (New Guy)

Robles

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Besides the fact that the rumor is mostly likely not true, he's also made of glass and would be recalled from loan the second he was playing well. Would have been a huge farm league move to make

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Why do you believe that rumor to not be true? It is being reported by Taylor Twellman, and obviously there is the connection between the 2 clubs.

And I think Duvall may get picked up by Atlanta in the expansion draft. Either way, I don't think he is good enough to start on this team. Would easily be the weakest player in the starting XI if he does. I really hope Baah doesn't get selected, because I actually thought he was really good when he played last year. His style combined with Collin would make a good CB pair.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Hope this forces us to go out and get a legit starting RB.

Lawrence-Baah-Collin-???

That could be an extremely formidable backline.

Another option, and I dont know how realistic this is, would be to play Baah at RB. I know that he is left-footed, but he is extremely gifted athletically as well as nimble with the ball at his feet. He's played some LB too. This would open up the door to move Dax for assets, get the top allocation ranking, and bring in Omar Gonzalez.

Lawrence-Gonzo-Collin-Baah

Now that's a nice backline.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Why do you believe that rumor to not be true? It is being reported by Taylor Twellman, and obviously there is the connection between the 2 clubs.

And I think Duvall may get picked up by Atlanta in the expansion draft. Either way, I don't think he is good enough to start on this team. Would easily be the weakest player in the starting XI if he does. I really hope Baah doesn't get selected, because I actually thought he was really good when he played last year. His style combined with Collin would make a good CB pair.

I trust JSB more than him

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Huge move.

Looking forward to next year's lineup:

BWP-Boyd

Veron-Kljestan-McCarty(Felipe)-Royer

Lawrence-Collin-Baah(Perrinelle/New Guy)-Duvall (New Guy)

Robles

Where can I see a capgeek-like view of the Red Bulls roster? I don't really care for the salaries but primarily the term for each player.

Hopefully, as you said, with the loss of Duvall they actually go out and get a legitimate outside back. The ones they rolled with last year seem to offer very little.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Where can I see a capgeek-like view of the Red Bulls roster? I don't really care for the salaries but primarily the term for each player.

Hopefully, as you said, with the loss of Duvall they actually go out and get a legitimate outside back. The ones they rolled with last year seem to offer very little.

MLS keeps those numbers internal lol

http://www.spotrac.com/mls/toronto-fc/

Something like that?

And just as a side, I worked part time with TFC this past season and man oh man what a ride. As soon as the Sounders keeper made that amazing save off Altidore's header that game was pretty much destined for pens, and the eventual loss. Was a disappointing end for sure but the journey was awesome. I'll never forget that game against Montreal, it had everything and was probably the craziest sporting event I've ever been to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad