Post-Game Talk: Google predicts the future

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
The league is definitely guilty of treason against their team. They will likely have some meetings now to decide on reconciliation.
Yeah, when Colorado fans get PPs handed to their favorite team constantly and have a broadcast crew that leans into being Avs homers, they might be shocked when that one time they didn't receive a benefit from the refs.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Apparently Landeskog slapped Ekholm around for messing with ( the Moose) Rantenen when he was a Predator and still hates him for it. According to an Avs fan on Reddit.
LMAO... That fanbase has a lot of nerve when they're still struggling with the basic rules of the game for them to comment on specifics. Empty Pepsi center when team struggles. Fairweather F ......

They live in an entirely different reality.

I don’t say this lightly because Leafs, Flames and Nuck fans exist, but I think Avalanche fans take the lead in the NHL for the dumbest, but concurrently most arrogant and annoying fanbase. Just incredibly stupid and annoying combined with a major bandwagon element that the Canadian teams don’t have near as much of. You have half their fansbase completely propagandized by their broadcast crew and the other half still trying to figure out what offside is.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

I don’t say this lightly because Leafs, Flames and Nuck fans exist, but I think Avalanche fans take the lead in the NHL for the dumbest, but concurrently most arrogant and annoying fanbase. Just incredibly stupid and annoying combined with a major bandwagon element that the Canadian teams don’t have near as much of. You have half their fansbase completely propagandized by their broadcast crew and the other half still trying to figure out what offside is.
You're very accurate here. Arrogant, annoying and not very bright. Don't want any posters "coming in peace" like in previous years. Stay the F away from here.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I have watched the Oilers play in nearly every rink in the league save a handful and of those I’ve missed I’ve I’ve mostly seen other teams play. Colorado is the only rink where my wife and I left early as we were concerned for our safety. The Avs fans beside us even apologized for the behaviour of the majority of the fans and the abuse we were taking. I could see if we were being pricks ourselves but we were pretty quiet while the Oilers got caved in. It was pretty bad.

• Wow
Reactions: bellagiobob

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I have watched the Oilers play in nearly every rink in the league save a handful and of those I’ve missed I’ve I’ve mostly seen other teams play. Colorado is the only rink where my wife and I left early as we were concerned for our safety. The Avs fans beside us even apologized for the behaviour of the majority of the fans and the abuse we were taking. I could see if we were being pricks ourselves but we were pretty quiet while the Oilers got caved in. It was pretty bad.
So were they throwing things at you or making physical threats?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Apparently Landeskog slapped Ekholm around for messing with ( the Moose) Rantenen when he was a Predator and still hates him for it. According to an Avs fan on Reddit.
LMAO... That fanbase has a lot of nerve when they're still struggling with the basic rules of the game for them to comment on specifics. Empty Pepsi center when team struggles. Fairweather F ......
Ekholm turned "Moose" into Bambi last night. Avs fans are right there with Flames, Canucks, Leafs fans in terms of trashiness.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I just thought they looked tired..And had terrible goaltending..You dont agree with that? Ive seen those opinions elsewhere too, Rishaug Strudwick and Brown commented on it on the got yer back podcast, and I think even Ekholm said it in his postgame interview. Its not that crazy of an opinion lol.
I think it was pretty clear they were tired, and that the goaltending was really bad from Georgiev.

Again, Oilers played well, but they didnt have to bring their A-game really. Avs were pretty sleepy.
None of that has anything to do with what u originally said which is only reason they hanged with the Avs is they had a back to back lol

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I just thought they looked tired..And had terrible goaltending..You dont agree with that? Ive seen those opinions elsewhere too, Rishaug Strudwick and Brown commented on it on the got yer back podcast, and I think even Ekholm said it in his postgame interview. Its not that crazy of an opinion lol.
I think it was pretty clear they were tired, and that the goaltending was really bad from Georgiev.

Again, Oilers played well, but they didnt have to bring their A-game really. Avs were pretty sleepy.

Georgiev isn't a great goaltender. This game wasn't a one off for him. He's one of the reasons the Avalanche might struggle in the playoffs this year.

If people watched other contenders play more often I think they'd be shocked at how good we have it with Skinner.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Another big character revealing game by the boys. Fantastic game up and down the lineup. Heard some grumblings about the forward lines, thought KK nailed it tonight. Av’s were going to be tired, and they couldn’t handle McDavid tonight, and our bottom 9 is far more productive than the Av’s bottom 9, and they came thru big time tonight. Nice to curb stomp those guys.
I grumbled about the forward lines.
I still dont think that its an effective long term solution but it sure worked against the Avs,

Solid bounceback win. Not a single passenger.
Aside from the Avs looking quite fatigued that was the defining factor in the game IMO.

Ekholm showing once again that he is the driving force on this defence.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Landeskog hasn’t played in like two years so that’s kind of a soft excuse. Did we blame losing to them in the playoffs on not having Klefbom? Rantanen also played half the game and they were getting dominated before his injury anyway.

I also remember Aves fans bragging on reddit a few months ago about how back to backs don't affect them. They are 29-7-5 on the second half of back to backs over the last four seasons.
Yeah Landeskog is just on my mind since hes been talked about being back for the playoffs, and its in the playoffs things matters. A rested avs team with Landeskog and Rantanen is a different beast than what we saw yday.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
None of that has anything to do with what u originally said which is only reason they hanged with the Avs is they had a back to back lol
Thats not what I said at all. At All..

I said;
"We can certainly hang with them when theyre playing a back to back when they got into town at 2am, playing without Rantanen and Landeskog.

I might be too critical but I wasnt That impressed today, they played a good game dont get me wrong but Colorado looked sluggish, and Oilers got some bounces. Georgiev was horrible."

My point is that, while Oilers played a solid game, this isnt the beast the avs can be when rested and having their full roster.
This game didnt prove that we can hang with them while they are at their best, but im not saying they cant.
Didnt say anything about "only reason" bla bla, please dont f***ing misquote me like that.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Nice to see Kane pop a couple, but he still doesn’t seem to be too thrilled out there. Usually get a smile after he scores, but not tonight, even after breaking that long slump. Dunno, maybe it’s nothing.
Well, one went in off his chest and the other was a weak one that dribbled in on an overworked goalie, so it's not like he sniped it into the top corner.:D As far as I'm concerned, he's still in his slump until he pots some hard snipes, and it looks like he feels the same. Have no issues with him at all though, he's still playing hard and going to the greasy areas. He usually doesn't get too excited when he scores anyway, I like that about him. Very even keeled.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So someone points out your lord and savior Draisaitl had a bad game again and your response is to attack Nuge, WTF man?

Since you're talking giveaways

Game stats
Draisaitl - 4 giveaways
Hopkins - 0 giveaways

Nuge makes 5.1 per year and can play 1rst line to third line, centre, wing, PK, PP, without whining and I think he makes the least $$ per point in the top 6 other then Hyman. He is generally quite reliable defensively and thats why coaches (all coaches) put him in situations and positions that require that type of play. We should be happy to have him.
"Attack Nuge" lol The guy doesn't have an EV goal in nearly 2mths. he gets blanket acceptance to do the least possible here and rarely called on it.

Does it occur to you a player has to have the puck for there to be GVA. Or That Drai leads the team in TKA this season?

In anycase Nuge gave the puck away 2X last night just on one PP. The stats are curious at best.

Nuge has higher GA on pk than any other player on the team. He's also among the leaders in GAEV/60 mins.

Nuges stats in GA are miserable compared to even Ryan McLeod.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I said;
"We can certainly hang with them when theyre playing a back to back when they got into town at 2am, playing without Rantanen and Landeskog.

I might be too critical but I wasnt That impressed today, they played a good game dont get me wrong but Colorado looked sluggish, and Oilers got some bounces. Georgiev was horrible."

My point is that, while Oilers played a solid game, this isnt the beast the avs can be when rested and having their full roster.
This game didnt prove that we can hang with them while they are at their best, but im not saying they cant.
Didnt say anything about "only reason" bla bla, please dont f***ing misquote me like that.
Nothing wrong with what you stated. just saying.

Reactions: Gnome17

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I said;

The thing is that the Oilers can only play the team in front of them regardless of any of the other factors.
I thought that the Avs looked fatigued as well but there have been times when the shoes has been on the other foot.
The Oilers took care of business.
I am not going to read too much into this win just like we shouldnt read too much into the loss against Dallas.

So has this team proven to me that the Oilers can beat the Avs in a 7 game series?
Yes...I think that they can BUT I think that everything has to fall into place for this team to be able to do that. The Avs and the Stars are the elite teams in the League and to beat them in a 7 game series everything has to go right. It can absolutely happen though.

So the Avs are a better team IMO but if this team plays a tight defensive 4 line game and gets solid goaltending they can absolutely win.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
"Attack Nuge" lol The guy doesn't have an EV goal in nearly 2mths. he gets blanket acceptance to do the least possible here and rarely called on it.

Does it occur to you a player has to have the puck for there to be GVA. Or That Drai leads the team in TKA this season?

In anycase Nuge gave the puck away 2X last night just on one PP. The stats are curious at best.

Nuge has higher GA on pk than any other player on the team. He's also among the leaders in GAEV/60 mins.

Onto Nuge now as your latest go to bash. Would love to see your comments on Kane, after his latest tweet saying how much he loves paying here. Maybe you can give us more of your intimate insight as to how the team hates him and he doesn't want to be here.:laugh:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The AV's PP is curious, and thats putting it mildly. Its like the complete opposite approach of our PP is to create as many chances and pucks going to net as possible within the PP. With the AV's its like watching Russia on a PP mid 70's and they're trying to pass the puck 15X before doing anything looking for that perfect set. Most of the times the puck cleared zone it was lol the AV's doing it themselves. Pass back to pt bobbled etc. It was the most inept looking PP strategy I've seen. That said if you're playing a team that doesn't cover anything maybe it works. But it was dismal. AV's would go a whole PP without creating a thing.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018

This. Nuge will defer at any sign of an incoming opponent, doesn’t matter if it’s a 5-6 defenceman or a raw rookie- here you take it. Try to beat a guy one on one? Nope.
Yet I see McDrai doing it all night long, hell, damn near every forward we have atleast attempts to beat the opponent one on one.
But not little Nugey.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The thing is that the Oilers can only play the team in front of them regardless of any of the other factors.
I thought that the Avs looked fatigued as well but there have been times when the shoes has been on the other foot.
The Oilers took care of business.
I am not going to read too much into this win just like we shouldnt read too much into the loss against Dallas.

So has this team proven to me that the Oilers can beat the Avs in a 7 game series?
Yes...I think that they can BUT I think that everything has to fall into place for this team to be able to do that. The Avs and the Stars are the elite team in the League and to beat them everything has to go right. It can absolutely happen.
So the Avs are a better team IMO but if this team plays a tight defensive 4 line game and gets solid goaltending they can absolutely win.
Agree with this. I saw some of the Dallas game and other than the huge mistakes and some iffy goaltending, we didn't look all that bad. But those mind blowing errors that creep into the game from certain players from time to time are absolute killers.
Not going to go overboard with that game or this one. We played well against a very good team that looked a little tired and disinterested, but we still got the job done, so mission accomplished.

- Ekholm is by far the best dman on this team and might be top 5-7 in the entire league at this point. If anyone is worth 9 million a year, it's him.

- the much maligned Cody Ceci had another strong game and was our 2nd best dman. Made some really good solid exit plays and was robbed of a goal by a great post save.

- the PP continue to struggle as they insist on being perimeter darlings that are constantly looking for the pretty goals. Struds said it best, when he said that Ek and Nurse are always looking to shoot on the 2nd unit, and with multiple guys crashing the net, the chaos is opening things up. Interesting to note that a dman showed the way in crashing the net for success, and then Kane followed that up with another lesson on his first goal.

- Perry continues to amaze and perform. On a team that likes to overpass and stay on the perimeter too much, he is the antithesis of that, and he and Kane and Hyman lead the way to the net. We need lots more of that to be successful in the playoffs.

- Skinner has a decent game, not great, not bad, and after a couple early burps, shut the door. Would like him to come up with more big saves early, but no one is perfect and he is playing well overall and getting the job done, so not going to nitpick too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad