Goodenow's interview with WFAN's Mike and MadDog...Hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I'm loving the part of the replacement players situation. Goodenow was outsmarted during this whole lockout. He outsmarted himself when he offered a 24% rollback in December

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
does anybody else think tha bob's reputation might be overblown and the guy is in way over his head? maybe the players are finally figuring this idiot oot!

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
The reason Russo crushed this Bozo is because Russo does not give a rats behind about pissing off Goodenow because he is not a beat writer that needs mic time with the NHLPA. He is a strict sports talk guy and he just thinks that Goodenow is in way over his head and he is calling him on his rhetoric. The canadian and american hockey writers are bullied by the NHLPA and Goodenow and are afraid to ask him the tough questions ! in fact they lob softballs at them

NJD Jester

Nov 14, 2003
DC
www.njdevilsbook.com
Give Goodenow this: He's right when he says the majority of the losses in the NHL are from a collection of teams that simply don't generate enough money, and the fact that the NHL only shares 5% of its gross revenue between its teams.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Chuck Shick said:
The reason Russo crushed this Bozo is because Russo does not give a rats behind about pissing off Goodenow because he is not a beat writer that needs mic time with the NHLPA. He is a strict sports talk guy and he just thinks that Goodenow is in way over his head and he is calling him on his rhetoric. The canadian and american hockey writers are bullied by the NHLPA and Goodenow and are afraid to ask him the tough questions ! in fact they lob softballs at them

So true. I hate hearing all the same questions when they get the rare oppourtunities at the 1-on-1's with Bettman/Goodenow.

"Are you frusterated?"

"Where do we go from here?"

"How do you feel?"

Stupid ass questions...

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Chuck Shick said:

Chris Russo and Mike Francesa have been trying to get Goodenow on their show for the past five months but he refused to come on the air.Somehow today Goodenow agreed to answer the questions.Goodenow caught a break today with Francesa having taken the day off.Russo knew Goodenow was not going to give him a second crack so he went after him. :)

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
RangerBoy said:
Chris Russo and Mike Francesa have been trying to get Goodenow on their show for the past five months but he refused to come on the air.Somehow today Goodenow agreed to answer the questions.Goodenow caught a break today with Francesa having taken the day off.Russo knew Goodenow was not going to give him a second crack so he went after him. :)

Ya he caught a break because Francesa would have just pissed in the wound that Russo opened up !!! God it was an absolute dismantling.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Chuck Shick said:
Ya he caught a break because Francesa would have just pissed in the wound that Russo opened up !!! God it was an absolute dismantling.
Actually that's probably the only reason he showed up today was because Francesa wasn't there. But you can only imagine what could have been!

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Did anyone else catch the little slip of the tongue Sideshow Bib made? I'm pretty sure he was trying to say he didn't want to get caught up in the "Minutiae" and instead he said "Minutiny" Telling perhaps?

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
All members of the PA are available to talk to media freely? Huh? BS Bob, BS!

Wow, Goodenow sounded like he was going to cry after a while. I kept waiting for him to hang up.

Balej20*

HF2002 said:
All members of the PA are available to talk to media freely? Huh? BS Bob, BS!

Wow, Goodenow sounded like he was going to cry after a while. I kept waiting for him to hang up.

hahah yep, i thought he'd just hang up at any moment.

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Just think how humiliating that interview had to be for any player that has listened to it......would kinda be like seeing your Dad get his ass kicked when you were a kid......

Balej20*

handtrick said:
Just think how humiliating that interview had to be for any player that has listened to it......would kinda be like seeing your Dad get his ass kicked when you were a kid......

yess!! exactly.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
handtrick said:

Exactly ! if your an NHL player you are cringing when you hear this piece of sound. It has got to be devastating to the union. Bob "Mr Deadline" Goodenow taken out to the woodshed and wailed on by the Mad Dog !! OUTSTANDING :lol

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
Crows said:
The good part is the American media has woken up to this story since the cancellation and are just batting the union around like a cat batting a ball of yarn.

It’s about time, and I’m loving it.

Sparepart said:

That is AWESOME! :lol

Chris Russo was probably salivating at the chance to go after Goodenow. Too bad Mike wasn’t there also, now that would have been the icing on the cake. They’ve been waiting and waiting for him to come on the show for months and he refused every time they asked, but now he has the balls to go on? I wish Russo ripped into him even more because that was excellent. Goodenow is just a MORON.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
That was hilariouse. I love it when interviewers tell it like it is. Part of the problem is that Goodenow (and Bettman) are not challenged about the crap they spew, and the players, being the trusting people they are, actually believe it.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
Is there another link other than the wfan one? I really want to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad