Goodenow's interview with WFAN's Mike and MadDog...Hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
What a pathetic sports show. The host asks a question, and when he gets an answer that he disagrees with or doesn't understand he screams and yells like a sugared up 5 year old. I could care less about the guys credentials, he's a moron..

"BOB!!! THE LEAGUE PROPOSED SHARING $90MILLION IN REVENUE!!!!"

"Well, that's less than 5%. The NFL shares 50%."

"BOB!!! I DON'T CARE!!!! YOU NEED A CAP!!! WHAT ABOUT THE POOR EUROPEAN D LEAGUER WHO DOESN'T HAVE A JOB!!!!"

"Ask the owners, they're the ones that won't let the NHL players play over here."

"BOB!!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU ACCEPT A CAP SIX MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Why didn't the owners back off of linkage six months ago???"

Just because the guy a) yells alot and b) spews the same biased junk that 80% of the posters here do doesn't make him an intellegent talk show host...

Engleaf

Feb 10, 2005
England
pacde said:
Only valid arguement I heard bob make was about the revenue shareing. This league needs revenue sharing - I do think this is a major part of the NFL success. You can flush the rest of what he said.

I thought that he defended his members positions well when he was attacked over their descision to play in Europe. For the host to suggest that he wouldnt go get another broadcasters job if he was locked out from doing his own is ridiculous.

Bob held firm that it was his members right to seek work whilst they are locked out and that the interest levels in europe are increased because of their presence here.

I can only speak for England but the national press have even reported hockey here because of Wade Belak being at Coventry so Goodenows comments are acurate here also...

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
pacde said:
Only valid arguement I heard bob make was about the revenue shareing. This league needs revenue sharing - I do think this is a major part of the NFL success. You can flush the rest of what he said.

But is it a valid argument when in your own offer of Dec 9th one of your plans calls for $65 mil in revenue sharing and your opponent in the negotiation has offered up $90 mil??

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
Balej20 said:
Mike and the mad dog is a well respected, top notch sports talk show. so im not sure why you are taking shots at the shows creditability.

I cannot make comment on what they are like otherwise, since I only listened to this "interview". All I can say, as far as interviews go, it was very unprofessional, prank style interview. What kind of talk show host starts to yell, snort and moan into the microphone right from the start of the interview? It doesn't promote a discussion, it was a shouting match, with junior high style ha-has sprinkled in generously by Chris (or was that Mike? ;) ). So it was a waste of my time listening to this, and it was a waste of Goodenow's time doing this "interview".

They might be ok to listen to as long as they do not try to "interview" anybody, if that's what passes as an interview on that show.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Balej20 said:
Mike and the mad dog is a well respected, top notch sports talk show. so im not sure why you are taking shots at the shows creditability.
Eh. For every person that likes Mike and the Mad Dog, there is a person that can't stand them.

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
Umm.. why is everyont taking a giant crap on Goodenow? I know most people hate people playing a sport making millions, but when he talks about the rollback constantly it's for a reason.

1) It's unprecedented
2) It's precisely what the owners said would need to be solvent and not lose money this year. The 24% was not picked out of thin air.

All Bettman had to do was accept the rollback for this year and work on negotiating a new CBA during the season. We could have had hockey this year. We did not have hockey this year.

Gary Bettman said he needed 24%. He was offered 24%. He told the players to shove it up their behinds.

Regardless of how silly Goodenow sounds, and how much you might dislike him, he's the one who made the critical step. Bettman is the one who took hockey away from us. Lets recognize who the real "bad guy" is, please.

davidwii

Jan 20, 2005
Ya Know......

Has anyone thats listened to it noticed how many freakin times BG has said "ya know". I started noticing that in his PC....but good lord...its almost distracting how many times he says it.

NO BOB WE DON'T KNOW...HENCE THE QUESTIONS!!!!!!! :madfire: :banghead:

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
That was a pretty unprofessional interview, IMO. In fact, I'm reluctant to even call it an interview. Goodenow was ambushed, plain and simple. Now, whose side I'm on is irrelevant, but the man gave his time to be interviewed, not attacked and screamed at by some obnoxious New Yorker. I don't care what kind of reputation the show has or how well it is respected, it was pretty classless.

I mean, what good does this do?

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
clefty said:
That was a pretty unprofessional interview, IMO. In fact, I'm reluctant to even call it an interview. Goodenow was ambushed, plain and simple. Now, whose side I'm on is irrelevant, but the man gave his time to be interviewed, not attacked and screamed at by some obnoxious New Yorker. I don't care what kind of reputation the show has or how well it is respected, it was pretty classless.

I mean, what good does this do?

I don't think it was all that bad. Goodenow was given ample time to explain his position. He got yelled at a bit, but he probably knew what he was in for.

I think it made for good listening. The interviewer did a fine job venting for the fans, but I don't think Goodenow handled himself poorly.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
handtrick said:
Just think how humiliating that interview had to be for any player that has listened to it......would kinda be like seeing your Dad get his ass kicked when you were a kid......

:lol: :lol :lol :lol

MrMackey

Aug 7, 2003
cgy
Visit site
tom_servo said:
I think it made for good listening. The interviewer did a fine job venting for the fans, but I don't think Goodenow handled himself poorly.
That's probably true. When you're defending a ridiculous position, you can't really help looking ridiculous.

He couldn't really do any better under those circumstances.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
i dont like the way mike ;) did the enterview, he really was too aggresive and unprofesional on the way he act, still he made his points while Goodnow, simply did a mistake by following his game.

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
This interview and the reaction it stirred, may have assisted in the end-around of Goodenow with the push to agreement by Gretzky, Lemieux, Doan, and the untold mutiny leaders that we are currently seeing.
In a sense, it pushed the fence sitters in the union off the fence, and Goodenow out of the driver's seat of the bus.

When all is said and done.....Goodenow is Goodasdone.......

Phaneuf*

Lol this guy is pwning Bob :lol: :lol:

Bob

"I'm not going to raise my voice because the desibel level does not help" :lol:

Bob

"I dident get a chance to respond.. Can I??? Thank you" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad