Goodenow's interview with WFAN's Mike and MadDog...Hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

WOW>. mojo radio in Vancouverjust put a snipit from a stan fishler Ted saskin interview.

Fischler says "when are you going to prove that your union is so unified and put it to a vote!?!?"

Saskin basically said "trust us.. we are"

Then fischler said "Ive been covering hockey since before you were born Ted..... and when are you going to stop being so snotty"

The Union is getting aBSOLUTELY embarrased and kicked around by everyone in the media.

The good part is the American media has woken up to this story since the cancellation and are just batting the union around like a cat batting a ball of yarn.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Crows said:
WOW>. mojo radio in Vancouverjust put a snipit from a stan fishler Ted saskin interview.

Fischler says "when are you going to prove that your union is so unified and put it to a vote!?!?"

Saskin basically said "trust us.. we are"

Then fischler said "Ive been covering hockey since before you were born Ted..... and when are you going to stop being so snotty"

The Union is getting aBSOLUTELY embarrased and kicked around by everyone in the media.

The good part is the American media has woken up to this story since the cancellation and are just batting the union around like a cat batting a ball of yarn.

Someone have a sound bit? I want to hear this.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
This interview was a joke. The "Mad dog" is part of the new ambush media who scream and yell on their microphone because they can't talk like a rational human being. If you click on the other links, you will realize that this is part of his act to do this to everyone.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
One of Bob's good points is that the NHL did not include the PA in the Levitt thing till after it was doen. Old news, but I believe that is a Valid point.

Now he really puts his foot in his mouth cause Bob says the owners have not lost 200 million... he gets ripped on, and then says I never said they didn't lose that money... So which is it Bob?!?!

Said Revenue sharing is the key. The owners in Hockey will not sharelike the NFL, and that is a great point... cannot look at different leagues.

Said they looked at only 4 teams and based their numbers on these 4 teams.

All in all Goodenow was attacked. I did not like this interview at all. Mike had great points, but he was just attacked at all turns.

Balej20*

RangerBoy said:
Russo should have started calling Goofenow TED as in Ted Saskin

HAHA!!! I just told my friend the exact samething.

Hey Ted, WHY DIDNT YOU PROPOSE A DAMN SALARY CAP 6 MONTHS AGO!! COME ON TED!

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
ScottyBowman said:
This interview was a joke. The "Mad dog" is part of the new ambush media who scream and yell on their microphone because they can't talk like a rational human being. If you click on the other links, you will realize that this is part of his act to do this to everyone.

i dont care if it is an act.

The next thing you are going to tell me is Bob Purpously acted Stupid, right?

Because, I dont care about the host. The host Grilled him, yell, talk softely, i dont care. he GRILLED Him. And Goodenow couldnt even answer the questions correctly.

you can see it from your pov. The rest of the world is seeing it as it is. Goodenow was emberassed. And he was unable to direct the conversation his way, and it made it that much worse.

Balej20*

ScottyBowman said:

he isn't part of any "New" media. He's been around for close to 20 years now. Of course, this is entertainment, so he's gonna yell. But what difference does it make, as long as he brings up correct points, which he did.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I dislike Goodenow as much as most, but this interview was a sad display for the interviewer as much as it was for the interviewee.

That being said, why Goodenow decided to drag himself through the muck like this is mystifying. The Big Bully is not having a week to write home about. :lol

Crows*

I agree. No matter the type of interviewer. He was made to look horrible stupid.

I think one of the new keys in this is the American media waking up to the story.

They are roasting them. And I hope they keep roasting the union.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
ScottyBowman said:

He's been doing this for a long, long time, and despite his temper, he tends to know his stuff.

Mountain Dude

Biggest Canuck Fan said:
One of Bob's good points is that the NHL did not include the PA in the Levitt thing till after it was doen. Old news, but I believe that is a Valid point.

This has doesn't matter, whether or not the union knows about doesn't change anything. If the union really wanted to debate about it, they should have gone over the books with the NHL.

And to all you people just calling it an ambush interview, yeah, it was an ambush, because Goodenow has done nothing wrong, so any question asked is an attack. Theres no way you can make him look good.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
ScottyBowman said:
That isn't really relevant to the fact that Goodenow couldn't answer any of the questions.

Goodenow may be some lawyer genius who's gotten gajillions of dollars for NHL players in the past. All the credit in the world to him for that. But... the guy's a tool.

Now, he's doing nothing but losing the players money. Hopefully they'll realize that soon.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004

Chris Russo has been doing that since before I was born :) Theres a reason he and Mike are the #1 sports-talk show in the country.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
The PA's biggest fault was looking at only 4 teams and basing the rest of the league off this.

Bob said, a Cdn, US small Mrkt, Big Mrkt and original 6 team... Could've been quite possible Toronto, Minnesota, Dallas and New York Rangers.

Point is you cannot base 30 teams off 4 teams. it is just not possible.

They negotiated all thier proposals off those 4 teams, whoever they were!?!?!?!

Balej20*

Biggest Canuck Fan said:
The PA's biggest fault was looking at only 4 teams and basing the rest of the league off this.

Bob said, a Cdn, US small Mrkt, Big Mrkt and original 6 team... Could've been quite possible Toronto, Minnesota, Dallas and New York Rangers.

Point is you cannot base 30 teams off 4 teams. it is just not possible.

They negotiated all thier proposals off those 4 teams, whoever they were!?!?!?!

I thought the samething...what a joke.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Thig guy put forth a horrible arguments, and seems to not really truely understand his own points. That being said, he did ask Goodenow all the questions that noone else seems to want to ask him, and it was quite humorous to listen to Goodenow being called out and avoiding the questions by answering the question he wanted the interviewer to ask.

Balej20*

kerrly said:
Thig guy put forth a horrible arguments, and seems to not really truely understand his own points. That being said, he did ask Goodenow all the questions that noone else seems to want to ask him, and it was quite humorous to listen to Goodenow being called out and avoiding the questions by answering the question he wanted the interviewer to ask.

Chris Russo is by no stretch of the imagination a "hockey guy." but, with that said, it doesnt take a "hockey guy" to ask the type of questions he asked. Good job by Chris here, he really let Goody have it.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Balej20 said:
Chris Russo is by no stretch of the imagination a "hockey guy." but, with that said, it doesnt take a "hockey guy" to ask the type of questions he asked. Good job by Chris here, he really let Goody have it.

Oh yeah, I know, and I was impressed by the type of questions he asked, no doubt. I just tried to say that had he backed up his arguments correctly, he could have really really gave it to Goodenow. He seemed to stray off his points too quickly and made some wrong points at the wrong time. He would get a 90% on this interview from me, just because of the severity of the questions he asked. He could of easily had a 100% mark if he backed up his points to put Goodenow in a deeper hole. And anyone who's listened to this interview, the oppurtunity was there.

Balej20*

kerrly said:
Oh yeah, I know, and I was impressed by the type of questions he asked, no doubt. I just tried to say that had he backed up his arguments correctly, he could have really really gave it to Goodenow. He seemed to stray off his points too quickly and made some wrong points at the wrong time. He would get a 90% on this interview from me, just because of the severity of the questions he asked. He could of easily had a 100% mark if he backed up his points to put Goodenow in a deeper hole. And anyone who's listened to this interview, the oppurtunity was there.

I guess you kinda gotta factor in time constraints. he doesn't have all day to elaborate on all his questions, especially when Goodenow takes 15 minutes on each question to side step and dodge and evade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad