Confirmed with Link: GOODBYE and &¥#% YOU 2020! HELLO 2021

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Don't know why I subject myself too it, but broadcasting of NYE festivities was typically bleak last night. I mean terribad.

Some vignettes I won't soon forget. Some duet of Sting and some other black guy doing "Englishman in NY, except half the lyrics are now modified to "African in NY" I mean I just saw it as silly modification.

Then Cyndi Laupers horrible performance of some songs, of course with some Black performer I've never seen before wearing a strange nightmare outfit. Again the message being some kind of world peace thing. I dunno, but every act had to involve POC, just saying. But Lauper was horrible. Unable to perform, sing, just awful. We couldn't even get through the 2nd song. My wife states "I used to like her but this...."

Looks like we're not alone. The performance is just being panned everywhere. Particularly the "I hope" segment. As in I hope never to see you on stage again.

Cyndi Lauper Had Twitter Abuzz With Bizarre New Year’s Eve Performance | ETCanada.com

One of the funniest comments; "Somebody go get their grandmother" another "Cyndi Lauper just gave the performance that 2020 deserved" Well that, and Anderson Cooper..

Then a Black singer and group performing "Imagine" With not even a mention of John Lennon. As if he didn't write, record, and sing the song.

The whole thing was virtue programming. One big infomercial. When the hosts weren't prattling along drunk.

FF to Mariah Carey with breast implants so big you picture that they might require constant inflation. She would hug people but she could never get close to them..I thought she was going to get airborne.

Even worst is all those purple hats, all the inflatable people around and it was all like a bad acid flashback.

You keep remembering HST and him saying "This is what the Circus would be like if the _____ won the war. " Indeed.

The other NYE programming was the CBC.

no mas, I give......watching this programming required intoxication. Which didnt make it better.

ps sorry Bryan. ;)

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
ps I also found out Gwen Stefani is 51. The moment at which you again realize how old you are...

sigh

Recd an Xmas card yesterday, had the two kids of the family by themselves on the front of the pic. Not people we see very often, so didn’t recognize the kids. Turned the card over and then realized who the family was. Was shocked. Could have swore the boy was about 4 years old last I recalled, and now he is a big dude in grade 10. One of those ‘where the heck have the years gone’ moments.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Recd an Xmas card yesterday, had the two kids of the family by themselves on the front of the pic. Not people we see very often, so didn’t recognize the kids. Turned the card over and then realized who the family was. Was shocked. Could have swore the boy was about 4 years old last I recalled, and now he is a big dude in grade 10. One of those ‘where the heck have the years gone’ moments.

In the cards I get those two kids have graduated from post secondary. Yes, I know the feeling. ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I was at the Esks game I think when Vanilla Ice came on and I went for a drink.

I mean its lol all day when he's performing before a bunch of people that look older than I do and co headlining with one remaining beachball. I mean boy..

This is so surreal on so many levels. Then you throw pandemic on it and wonder what people are doing. Is this what you want to see before lineing up for the koolaid and thinking that Covid tastes OK?

Maybe Jonestown was onto something. They saw 2020 coming.

But seeing people dancing to Ice. hahaha. Visions from hell on a postcard.

Note, this isn't a waltz...

"Play that funky music till you die" hmmmm

Last edited:
Reactions: bellagiobob

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I don't see any link.

Here's the official link to 2021...

...or LINK2021, however you look at it. :D

link2021-website-hero-august-1920x700-updated.jpg

LINK: The Retail Supply Chain Conference