Good to see Leivo find his game with the Canucks

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
He’s got no guts.

Relax, I’m not saying any of my team players do. My own team is a ****ing gutless joke for not standing up for Petey when he gets mugged in non hockey plays.

I see it up close man, I know gutless.

Well if your definition of guts is deterimined by guys squaring up and fighting then about 80 percent of the league is gutless

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Guy was buried for years. If hes doing this when some might call his confidence low, just wait till he finds his groove

He transformed his diet in the offseason, and has had a questionable work ethic leading up to this season.

Once upon a time I recall telling a older, wise veteran co-worker that we had a new guy on the crew with a great work ethic. He responded with something along the lines of “everyone does for the first month kid, give me a status report after a month” (Can’t remember the exact timeline given)

Lo and behold the guy stunk once he settled in.

Point is... it’s too soon to know the trajectory of leivo.

Feb 24, 2017
Well if your definition of guts is deterimined by guys squaring up and fighting then about 80 percent of the league is gutless
They may be. If you see a teenager who is your best player absolutely abused and you don’t do anything? Go play in traffic cause you aren’t worth life.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
He's pacing 35 points playing with petterson and boeser. He's a bottom 6 winger. Good for him though, was never gonna be given a chance in Toronto.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
He's proving he's exactly what everyone was telling Leafs fans that he was

What a terrible take. Leafs fans had wanted Leivo to get regular playing time for the past two seasons, and many where rightfully ticked off when we traded him earlier this year. His success isn't terribly surprising to us.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I think there are certain times in life where one must step back and pay their respects to a semi decent player that finally got the opportunity to put up semi decent results. These are one of those times.

I think this is worthy to have on the main board for as a case of a player who did benefit from change of surroundings. There is certainly many players who should change team but can't for contract of other issues. Players being judged for what they have done on their current team rather than their potential for another team is certainly worth discussing.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I liked Leivo, I didn't want to trade him, and I'm glad to see he has found a good spot.

That said, nothing has changed. Nothing "clicked". He is exactly the same player that he was when he was with the Leafs. If anything, his modest increase in production despite big increases in ice time, opportunity, and linemate talent, is a bit of a disappointment. A 35 point pace playing with Boeser and PPG+ Petersson is not ideal.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Find his game? Nah, he's always been a decent player for the Leafs who's been buried for whatever reasons. Would have rather kept him than moved him, but that's how it is sometimes.

Not going to lose sleep over him though, he's putting up a few points playing with Boeser and Petterson, but he's unlikely to ever be a world beater.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
He's proving he's exactly what everyone was telling Leafs fans that he was

He's producing almost identically to his last 4 years in Toronto. Don't you think that fans of other teams seeing this as a "revelation" says more about fans of other teams?

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
He has 7 goals and 12 points in 28 games. Are we gonna act like that’s good or something? I’m happy he got a chance to play finally but he’s nothing special, dime a dozen player.

I was honestly expecting Stone type of numbers to get his own thread on the main board
I'm glad Leivo was able to show he is a NHL regular

Oct 18, 2011
He's producing almost identically to his last 4 years in Toronto. Don't you think that fans of other teams seeing this as a "revelation" says more about fans of other teams?
I think you're misunderstanding.

Leafs fans kept talking him up but he's a replacement level player maybe slightly better

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
Always liked Leivo. Guy was basically thrown in the press box for an entire season and never complained.

It was a pretty nice move by Dubas to let him go to a team where he gets a chance. He wasn't going to get it on the Leafs.

Hope to see him have a good career, and he will likely torch the Leafs every time he plays against them (Just how it goes).

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
He has 7 goals and 12 points in 28 games. Are we gonna act like that’s good or something? I’m happy he got a chance to play finally but he’s nothing special, dime a dozen player.
He used to play for the leafs. We must know how he's doing.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I think you're misunderstanding.

Leafs fans kept talking him up but he's a replacement level player maybe slightly better

Isn't this whole thread mainly non-Leaf fans saying he's a "revelation" or has "found his game and is somehow performing differently"?

He's a good and useful player. On a team like Toronto, unfortunately no room for him. Yes, he's replaceable but he's easily a third liner who can pot you 15 and maybe 20 goals. Big body, good possession game. Personally I would have kept him over Ennis but as folks can see, even Ennis basically hasn't played in eons and it was said there was a verbal commitment they wouldn't do that to Leivo again.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
A Bruins fan opens up a thread to try and stir the pot over a 12 point player.

Oooof

On a more serious note though, I'm glad Leivo is getting a shot in Vancouver, I always liked his pep and he was sorely underutilized here in Toronto.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I don't know what the context of this is (or whether or not anyone actually said this) but this isn't really an outlandish take considering the fact that the Leafs are likely going to be forced to ship some guys out for cap purposes anyways and Woo has probably upped his value to be equivalent to a late 1st round pick.

But yes, Johnsson is a good player and he's one of around 7 or so young forwards I want the Canucks to target this offseason.

The Leafs may be forced to ship some players out, but why would Johnsson be one of them? He doesn't really offer any cap relief. He would be a guy they would keep.

And no, Jett Woo is still a project that would not be worth Johnsson. Jett Woo might be worth Johnsson if he were no longer RFA and young.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
After Pettersson, Boeser and Horvat there’s a huge drop off in talent. Leivo may actually be the Canucks 4th best forward; It’s a toss up between Virtanen, Leivo, Baertschi and Roussel.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00