Good to see Leivo find his game with the Canucks

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Happy to see Leivo get a chance in Vancouver.

He was one of those guys Babcock just irrationally did not like even though he always performed well when given the chance.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Good middle-6 forward that can grind alongside skilled players. Never really got a fair shake in Toronto in my opinion. I was and still am fairly confident he can become a 20/20 guy as soon as this season. Not a ton of puck skills but he has a motor and a scoring touch/instinct that you can't teach.

Reactions: Frank Garrett

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Has a wicked shot and can do some little things well, but it really never came together. So one can argue he didn’t earn it, some can argue he never got a chance. Chicken or egg really. I think a stretch he had in 2015-2016 when the Leafs were tanking where he scored 5 goals in 12 games really endeared a lot of fans to him.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Then you'd agree it's unfair to judge Leivo by numbers alone??? Well good, because that's exactly the point I was making.

HF likes to assume all of our depth and prospects are crap, until they get one in a trade.

He's played the same game year after year, no part of that article says he's "found his game" because he never lost it. Our depth was keeping him down and in a bigger roll with more ice-time and better linemates he's maintaining his typical production.

It's good Vancouver can use him, but ideally he shouldnt be in your top 6.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
People who just look at points and judge players are hilarious. I thought we have moved past that archaic way of thinking.
It's obvious you don't know the player but in trying to seem insightful you are twice as hilarious.

Glad you guys like him but I think you will see more after a full year of play and a chance to settle in. All that press box time in T.O. probably stalled his growth.

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
Good for Van. Didn't get why Edmonton didn't trade for him.

Because their gm was Peter Chiarelli.

Why is this on the main boards?

Because then there would be no need for a main board as every thread topic related to any team or their players would just stay in their own boards. Btw, this thread was started by a Bruins fan.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Guy was buried for years. If hes doing this when some might call his confidence low, just wait till he finds his groove

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
It's obvious you don't know the player but in trying to seem insightful you are twice as hilarious.

Glad you guys like him but I think you will see more after a full year of play and a chance to settle in. All that press box time in T.O. probably stalled his growth.
I know him quite well as a Leafs fan. I also, was a huge believer of Nylander as well when he was called out by other Leafs fans who wanted to get rid of him because he wasn't getting points.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Leaf fans for a few seasons tried saying he is a top 6 winger, likely a good 2nd line winger but just buried behind depth and a coach who wouldn't give him minutes off the 4th line. We were laughed at and called homers (same as with Kapanen).

Go and check out the trade thread, Leaf fans are not surprised at all he has fit in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->