Good to see Leivo find his game with the Canucks

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Just glad that he is being utilized. I don't know to many people who thought he was a top 6 player but he's a decent bottom 6 guy who can chip in with goals. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit 20 goals a season under the right conditions.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Leaf fans for a few seasons tried saying he is a top 6 winger, likely a good 2nd line winger but just buried behind depth and a coach who wouldn't give him minutes off the 4th line. We were laughed at and called homers (same as with Kapanen).

Go and check out the trade thread, Leaf fans are not surprised at all he has fit in.

He's probably not a top 6 winger though lol.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Happy to see Leivo get a chance in Vancouver.

He was one of those guys Babcock just irrationally did not like even though he always performed well when given the chance.
yeah, he was just too far down the depth chart. Nothing wrong with him, just no space on the Leafs. He's always been a decent player, good to see him get some ice with the Canucks.

It's funny so many posters here rip on the depth players on the Leafs. "Kapanen sucks he's not worth anything in a trade". He goes on to produce quite well. "I wouldn't trade Jett Woo for Andreas Johnsson, he's a fringe NHLer". Uh, no, he's a decent player.

Leivo was stuck int he same logjam. Nothing more.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
yeah, he was just too far down the depth chart. Nothing wrong with him, just no space on the Leafs. He's always been a decent player, good to see him get some ice with the Canucks.

It's funny so many posters here rip on the depth players on the Leafs. "Kapanen sucks he's not worth anything in a trade". He goes on to produce quite well. "I wouldn't trade Jett Woo for Andreas Johnsson, he's a fringe NHLer". Uh, no, he's a decent player.

Leivo was stuck int he same logjam. Nothing more.

I don't know what the context of this is (or whether or not anyone actually said this) but this isn't really an outlandish take considering the fact that the Leafs are likely going to be forced to ship some guys out for cap purposes anyways and Woo has probably upped his value to be equivalent to a late 1st round pick.

But yes, Johnsson is a good player and he's one of around 7 or so young forwards I want the Canucks to target this offseason.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
This thread seems pretty thinly veiled but that's just me.

Dude would be pacing for what....35 points?

Almost identical to his pace in Toronto the past 4 seasons.

Good guy and glad he's getting a chance. The kind of guy that will have to work to earn enough to set himself up long term so glad he has that chance.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Just glad that he is being utilized. I don't know to many people who thought he was a top 6 player but he's a decent bottom 6 guy who can chip in with goals. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit 20 goals a season under the right conditions.

Yup. Under right conditions he could. Wouldn't be surprised to see him hover around the 15 mark.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Would probably still be our second best LW if we had kept him. This is like three years in a row where he does well any time he's put on a scoring line. Great underlying metrics across the board, great production relative to ice time, and looks pretty good to me as well. I think his reputation would be very different if he played regular shifts ES and had some solid PP time.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
I really really like leivo. He would actually have a few more points right now with some luck.

He has some sick dangles too lmao

Reactions: Frank Garrett

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
The one that got away.

Points aren't all there but 21 goal pace with 3rd line minutes on Vancity.

Not too shabby at all. More ice time and oppertunity and he could be a 50 point player.

Feb 24, 2017
I know him quite well as a Leafs fan. I also, was a huge believer of Nylander as well when he was called out by other Leafs fans who wanted to get rid of him because he wasn't getting points.
Nylander is a gutless perimeter player.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
I don't think that anyone believes he's a world beater, but he's a very good bottom six player. I think the fact that the Canucks got him for almost nothing is what makes it such a revelation.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas
Feb 24, 2017
Anyone that has watched some games lately will tell you that’s a fallacy. His playmaking is actually getting better and he’s driving shifts...
He’s got no guts.

Relax, I’m not saying any of my team players do. My own team is a f***ing gutless joke for not standing up for Petey when he gets mugged in non hockey plays.

I see it up close man, I know gutless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad