Another win.
Only gave up one goal against.
Campbell was great.
Matthews with a 2 goal night.
Matthews with another GWG.

tenor-73.gif

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Since we added more toughness and grit, this is very hard to play against. Good job by all involved, especially the fans.

Reactions: Cobra777

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
The three plays of the game for me, all occurred when up 3-1 late in the 3rd:

*Galchenyuk's forecheck helping break the puck free, just before his own goal. Playing to keep his position in the line-up.
*Jumbo skating hard on the back check during our PP and nudging the Canuck player to unsettle him right in front of Campbell. Jumbo, back check, skating hard...yes guy!
*Up 4-1 and Kerfoot drops for the block against the right point shot. Hard hockey.

I love watching Matthews and Marner, happy to watch JT compete, Nylander skating, but watching those guys who need to drive hard, skate hard, compete hard and succeed is brilliant stuff. GLG!

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Nice OT goal by the 12 year old for his first in the NHL.

Habs only 2 points back of Winnipeg. Habs with their 23-27 record could end up 3rd. That is madness.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
I don't think they played well for the 1st half but got going after and played a perfect 3rd.

Almost like the Canucks ran out of gas in the 3rd for some weird reason.

Seriously, they looked almost respectable for 30 minutes then had no shots in the first half of the third.

It's nice not to have to worry so much about third period collapses anymore.

Reactions: stickty111

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Pretty much 80% of the posts would be that LOL
Ya honestly people can hate on AM34 but he has proven he is a franchise player. Matthews has pretty much cemented himself as the best goalscorer in the league now looking at a 2 year sample. Player wise he's as high as 2 for some and I can see as low as 6th. I have him 4th (2nd for just this year, and 4th last two years combined) but I think a conn Smythe type run pushes him to undisputed 2nd behind 97 with a chance to take #1 spot depending on how next year shakes up

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Matthews doing Matthews things and the world acting shocked? Elite players do elite things.

Hate that I am stuck at work and missed the game.

Love that the boys just steamroll other teams.

At what point do you just hand Matthews his rocket? Just put his name on it and FedEx it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad