Post-Game Talk: Good effort but Jets lose 5-3

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Thank goodness we finally gave a guy like Samberg a chance to play. We need at least one more guy like him. Solid and reliable to take the place a Pionk or Schmidt.
The team played a good game tonight, but they didn’t get any breaks. Calgary got a whole bunch of them.
But I think it’s pretty clear that this game exposed some issues that we’re going to be dealing with all year. Again.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Outside our terrible goaltending there was a lot to like tonight. Frankly we dominated the Flames and they need every bounce available and markstrom to steal it to squeeze out a shitty 1 goal win

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Thank goodness we finally gave a guy like Samberg a chance to play. We need at least one more guy like him. Solid and reliable to take the place a Pionk or Schmidt.
The team played a good game tonight, but they didn’t get any breaks. Calgary got a whole bunch of them.
But I think it’s pretty clear that this game exposed some issues that we’re going to be dealing with all year. Again.
Chisim should replace Schmidt

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Jets played pretty well. Not loving Pionk on the backend. Thought Ehlers looked like a guy that hasn’t played any games yet this year.

I’d put money down on Ehlers+ being moved for a top pair dman at some point this season.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Not sure how to do this but it would be interesting to keep a chart showing the games where Helle is clearly the 2nd best goalie.
Looking to see how Croissant can crunch some wins..

Jets played pretty well. Not loving Pionk on the backend. Thought Ehlers looked like a guy that hasn’t played any games yet this year.

I’d put money down on Ehlers+ being moved for a top pair dman at some point this season.
Could be…

Much as I love Ehlers..he could be trade bait.
‘Tho I thought he put some classy shots on/near the net..

Reactions: GNP

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Looking to see how Croissant can crunch some wins..

Could be…

Much as I love Ehlers..he could be trade bait.
‘Tho I thought he put some classy shots on/near the net..
Ehlers always looks like he’s gonna have a breakout year and the he doesn’t or he gets injured!

don’t like Perfetan getting gifted the 2C without earning it, sooner or later he needs to do something!

jets D still the weak spot

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
First game so I'm not going to criticize anyone too much. Refs blew a call that could have changed the outcome but shit happens.

I like our compete and the fact we kept them to 21 shots.
I like the buzz since 37 and 55 extended.
I like that Samberg looks like he is going to be a good 2nd pairing D man.
I like the player distribution on the forward lines but I think that Bones is going to do some minor tinkering on the 3rd and 4th lines.

The more I watch KFC the more he reminds me of Guy Lafleur.
I don't think Bones changes the roster yet and goes with the same lineup next game.
I wonder when LB is going to get his first game? Will it be LA or Vegas? I'd give Helle the Vegas game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad