Post-Game Talk: Good effort but Jets lose 5-3

Frendlygiant

Apr 27, 2018
Really liked a lot of what I saw. I know the ending puts a sour taste in the mouth but I think the Defence was always going to be our downfall this season if there was going to be one. Really do not like the Schmidt and Dhillon pairing. Helle helped us stay in it late but was hoping for him to be a little better.

Really like Conor is back at it and Schieffle is showing some heart. Lurch is out there giving his all as captain; love the "C" on him and hope he can help the guys get motivated for next game.

Hope this isn't a theme like other season. Outplay an opponent, lose, get outplayed, somehow win. It can get very confusing as a fan.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
I feel like this is insane, but wasn't Schmidt the best for a lot of D metrics on the team last year? OR AM I CRAAAAAZY

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Hard backcheck on with an empty net and dove towards the net to block the puck. Couldn't come to a stop so he jumped into the glass and looked like he was clutching his midsection afterwards.
Crapola. Do you have any good news?

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
1697086548642.jpeg

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
As some have pointed out…Schmidt had good metrics and might even have good ones in this game.

But is there a metric for unnecessary icings at 1+ minute shifts under two minutes in a game?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
f***...

If ehlers is hurt, I low-key hope it's an aggravation of an existing injury and not a brand new one

A brand new injury to Ehlers on that play would make him one of rhe most fragile players ever

Reactions: GNP

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Not really that bold tbh considering how Schmidt played.
He was okay. Pionk did well even strength but unsurprisingly he got scored on on the penalty kill because he has no f***ing clue what he's doing. Yet we keep using him there.

boneheaded icing by schmidt and an even bigger boneheaded decision by bones not to use the timeout when it was clear the jets were tired. Idiot decisions ruined a great effort by the jets
Can't use a timeout on an icing.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Schmidt ices the puck and he wears the goat horns?

f*** that. Helley was awful
Aww its like a warm cup of cocoa... so soothing to have the Helle rants back

f***...

If ehlers is hurt, I low-key hope it's an aggravation of an existing injury and not a brand new one

A brand new injury to Ehlers on that play would make him one of rhe most fragile players ever
I mean but why race back for that... I love the compete but the game was over

• Haha
Reactions: rehf

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
He was okay. Pionk did well even strength but unsurprisingly he got scored on on the penalty kill because he has no f***ing clue what he's doing. Yet we keep using him there.

Can't use a timeout on an icing.
All six D need to PK.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
f***...

Not ever. But the injuries piling up just mean he can’t be a reliable core top 6 type player. You’re happy to have him but if he can only play 50 games you need someone else to create offence off the first line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad