Good column on the Jackets season ticket holder dilemma

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Regarding the prize drawings beginning Friday, I was told you had to make at least a 25% deposit towards your 2011-12 season ticket bill to be eligible. The remaining payments may be spread out over other payment plan options including the 11 month option.

Thats not what my paperwork says. On mine all it says is that you have to renew by the 28th.

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
Thats not what my paperwork says. On mine all it says is that you have to renew by the 28th.

Depends on the payment plan you choose when renewing. I think you said you are doing the monthly payment plan, so you would need to pay 1/12 of your renewal price by March 4th to be eligible for the drawings.

At least that is how I interpret it.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Depends on the payment plan you choose when renewing. I think you said you are doing the monthly payment plan, so you would need to pay 1/12 of your renewal price by March 4th to be eligible for the drawings.

Correct that is how I read it. I paid 1/12 today.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

Correct that is how I read it. I paid 1/12 today.

That's how I read it too...I think my rep was wrong...oh well. I had about $300 credit from ticket sales on ticket exchange, so she took that off and charged me the equivalent of about twice what my monthly payment would have been...in the end, I'll be making smaller monthly payments. Maybe it'll motivate me to payoff the balance by May 31st.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I just renewed and upgraded psl/seat location. Then, selected my playoff seats. :nod:

C'mon boys, make it happen!!!!

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I just renewed and upgraded psl/seat location. Then, selected my playoff seats. :nod:

C'mon boys, make it happen!!!!

We have to win the next two in a row in order to be tied with Minnesota at 9th in the West. Tonight we are playing against Vancouver who has the best home record this season.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
We have to win the next two in a row in order to be tied with Minnesota at 9th in the West. Tonight we are playing against Vancouver who has the best home record this season.

I didn't say it was gonna be easy! ;)

plong123

Litebrite Stinger
Mar 3, 2008
Regarding the prize drawings beginning Friday, I was told you had to make at least a 25% deposit towards your 2011-12 season ticket bill to be eligible. The remaining payments may be spread out over other payment plan options including the 11 month option.

Just got off the phone with my rep, and he said a 25% down payment is not necessary for the prize drawings. You can just do the 12-month payment plan, and put down your first payment of 1/12 of the cost by march 28th. So if you call your rep and tell him you're in, you're in.

edit: just realized this entire page was about this same discussion, LOL.

plong123

Litebrite Stinger
Mar 3, 2008
On a related note, my wife says we need to find a partner to share the cost of some of these tickets before we renew. Anyone know of anyone on the fence about buying a 20-game plan for next year? I would sell them one seat for 20 games. Difficulty: You would probably be sitting next to me for those 20 games, but I'm not so bad.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
On a related note, my wife says we need to find a partner to share the cost of some of these tickets before we renew. Anyone know of anyone on the fence about buying a 20-game plan for next year? I would sell them one seat for 20 games. Difficulty: You would probably be sitting next to me for those 20 games, but I'm not so bad.

Sez you.

I'm in for next season, just renewed my 20 game package. I asked about the seat upgrade program and was told that they'll include all available seat locations, this year. I presume, in the past, they held some prime spots out so they could use them to attract new buyers. Maybe the current and long-time season ticket holders are going to get more respect from the front office, this year? Can't hurt!

Moch Daear

Jan 9, 2011
My hope is that they hold a spot for our newly created and quite entertaining Arch City Army.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Just got off the phone with my rep, and he said a 25% down payment is not necessary for the prize drawings. You can just do the 12-month payment plan, and put down your first payment of 1/12 of the cost by march 28th. So if you call your rep and tell him you're in, you're in.

edit: just realized this entire page was about this same discussion, LOL.

This is contrary to what the literature says. It says that you will be entered once your deposit is received. You could, of course, pay the first of the 12 payments and be eligible, but you would want to do that as soon as possible, since the prizes are only from 3/4 to 3/28

Last edited:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
My rep told me yesterday you are entered as soon as any sort of payment is made, it also says that on the bottom of the season ticket holder sweepstakes page from the mailing.

Wouldn't mind winning the March 5th drawing of 2tix, airfare, hotel to round 1 of SCF, but I won't be choosy!

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
They did screw up the seating locations for people with 20 game PSLs. Got an email from the Jackets today saying they know they screwed up and that 20 PSL owners would get their seats for ever other game (depending on your plan E or F) just like in 2009.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
They did screw up the seating locations for people with 20 game PSLs. Got an email from the Jackets today saying they know they screwed up and that 20 PSL owners would get their seats for ever other game (depending on your plan E or F) just like in 2009.

Can you explain this? I don't understand what's screwed up.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I am a PSL holder with a 20 game plan. For the playoffs we should get our seat location (same as in the season) for every other game. Well when the invoice showed up they had me seating in a totally different seat location. This is what should happen if you have a 20 game plan without a PSL. I was able to get the seat changed to something better thanks to my ticket rep but still not my seat. Well today I got an email from that Jackets saying the screwed up and that I would have my seats for the playoffs. See post 43 and on for the back ground of my last post.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
After last night's loss I would have gone home and cancelled my payment plan. Hell, I even questioned why I stayed up to watch the third period after the ****** second.

Haven't felt this mad at them in a long time.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Today's Dogpatch has an article, "Blue Jackets' faithful still waiting for payoff
Some remain patient, others have had enough" on fan sentiment divided into three camps:

"All In" "On the Fence" and "Gone Daddy, Gone"

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/live...aithful-still-waiting-for-payoff.html?sid=101

From the On the Fence position, I found this resonates with my experiences:

I was having too much fun cheering for the Jackets to care about their place in the standings. Over time, their losing record began to bother me, but I was a believer..

The 2008-09 season proved that they can win. They just don't.

Now it feels like I'm watching a gifted kid flunk out of class because he doesn't do his homework, and that's far more frustrating than their earlier lack of skill ever was.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
OK, JF there's always the "town halls," free food night, the party at the zoo, a few con calls and "PSL holder appreciation day."

Of course, the STH don't always receive an invitation to all of them.

Not sure everyone holding a PSL is aware, but they have discontinued any "PSL specific" perks. All events, etc are now on a season plan level. Best perks for to full season ticket holders, no more differentiation between half season STH and those "half-season with a PSL".

In a nutshell, they have rendered our PSL's as totally valueless.

For example, Zoo season kickoff use to be for PSL holders, but is now for Full-season STH only... and they no longer are required to buy a PSL. So if you own a half or quarter season PSL, it is worth NOTHING...

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Not sure everyone holding a PSL is aware, but they have discontinued any "PSL specific" perks. All events, etc are now on a season plan level. Best perks for to full season ticket holders, no more differentiation between half season STH and those "half-season with a PSL".

In a nutshell, they have rendered our PSL's as totally valueless.

For example, Zoo season kickoff use to be for PSL holders, but is now for Full-season STH only... and they no longer are required to buy a PSL. So if you own a half or quarter season PSL, it is worth NOTHING...

I'm not a PSL holder but surprised the PSL lasted this long. They stopped advertising them several years ago and I've been under the impression the cost to purchase one in recent years was very small.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad