Sportsnet: "Good chance" Tyson Jost gets traded

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I can see Yzerman getting in on Jost. His upside might not be what people thought when he was drafted but with his work ethic, he has a good chance. Someone compared him to Couturier earlier but right now, because of the lack of flash we’ve seen from him, he might be more of a rich man’s Scott Laughton.

Yzerman is a sneaky GM. I could see him move a Mantha to a team like the Avs who are loaded with prospects. Jost, a 1st and a high end prospect. Gives the Avs a player who’s really evolved and just entering his prime. Put a finisher like him with his size and reach combined with his sneaky speed, the Avs top six would be lethal.
How "high end" are you talking here? Byram/Newhook/Timmins high end? Or Bowers/Kaut/Helleson/Annunen high end?

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Jost is not worth much. Guy can't skate. Some GM will get fooled by the draft pedigree, but he's not worth a 2nd round pick IMO. Maybe a 3rd, for a team that needs a 4th line C. Maybe.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
4. Colorado trades Tyson Jost and a 2020 first-round pick to the New York Rangers for Chris Kreider
– @kento19
I don’t hate this. I think Kreider is going to ultimately get the Rangers a first-round pick. At worst, a conditional first. But there are some people who aren’t convinced, in part because he isn’t a center. So, because we’re also including a guy drafted No. 10 overall in 2016, this seems steep for the Avs.
Exec: “Colorado says no. This seems to be modeled on the Kevin Hayes deal, and the comparison is reasonable. So this isn’t a firm no, but I’d be surprised if a rental fetched that much.”

Who says no? NHL executives evaluate your trade proposals

I don't agree with this at all, but an NHL exec who "isn't yet a GM" said this less than a month ago

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Jost is a weird, sad case. He works so damn hard and all the coaches are in love with him because of his effort, but he just can't make anything translate. He was virtually handed the 2C position a few seasons ago and did f*ck all with it; he has had every single opportunity to carve out a role for himself on this team all over the lineup and simply can't.

I agree with others who say he could achieve that somewhere else on a slower, grinding team. The last few games are pretty good examples; he does better in games where things are slowed down and swampy. But "better" still means absolutely zero production and that's the main issue for him. He generates nothing. He contributes to nothing. He kills offense just by stepping on the ice.

He’s played enough now in the league that we should see signs of scoring ability. For example, you see Zadina in Detroit. He’s already showing flashes that he will be a scorer in the league. It’s gonna come down to how hard he works for it. On the flip side. Jost works so hard but really never shows flashes of it. Unfortunately for the Avs they took him to high in the draft hoping he evolved.

He still has a solid career ahead of him. If he can turn into a Lars Eller, ultimately he’ll just be looked at as a good player who was drafted a round to high.

That said, rebuilding teams are probably his best bet to be put in positions to succeed. Like playing legit top six minutes. To once and for all find out what type of player he’s going to be.

We’d have to assume they want to upgrade by moving him, not just to move him for picks. He’ll be an interesting player to watch both tomorrow and in the next few years.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Jost is not worth much. Guy can't skate. Some GM will get fooled by the draft pedigree, but he's not worth a 2nd round pick IMO. Maybe a 3rd, for a team that needs a 4th line C. Maybe.

I could a few teams with a high third rounder/late second invest in him because of that draft pedigree fact. The best option is to include him as a piece in whatever move they make.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00