Gone Fishin....a Denver Cutthroats Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Figured since they are an official affiliate of the Avs, we should have a thread about them. They will probably be the most accessible hockey team to watch for a few months, and they have KQ!

Any of you guys going to go watch them?

member 116861

Disgusting. I know you can't say no to a player as good as Quincey but since they are our affiliate they should have told him to **** off.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Disgusting. I know you can't say no to a player as good as Quincey but since they are our affiliate they should have told him to **** off.

Why? I understand he is a Red Wing but this is an excellent opportunity for young players to see a NHLer and how they prepare to play a game. This should be a great learning experience for some young players. Don't get me wrong I hate Quincey but this was a smart move by the Cutthroats.

member 116861

Why? I understand he is a Red Wing but this is an excellent opportunity for young players to see a NHLer and how they prepare to play a game. This should be a great learning experience for some young players. Don't get me wrong I hate Quincey but this was a smart move by the Cutthroats.

It's not that he is a Red Wing but instead it is about his comments about our team after he got traded.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
It's not that he is a Red Wing but instead it is about his comments about our team after he got traded.

Yeah, I also think its funny he was interested to "re-join" the avalanche organization after all that crappy talk by him.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

You have to look at it from his prospective though. It just another example of a player clashing with the head coach (which tends to happen a lot with Sacco). Plus he probably has a bunch of friends on the team that he enjoyed being with. So when the time of the trade came around he was probably more pissed that he was being moved from a town and friends he enjoyed, and he probably felt that it was Sacco's fault (which it probably was because Sacco hated him) but he can't call the coach out so he went after the organization.

Not saying its right but you do have to look at it through the players eyes as well.

Plus I know the cutthroats are affiliated but they are not really affiliated, the chances of any of the players on that roster ever make the team are like 1000 to 1. Even players like Patterson and Millan are big long shots even to make backup goalie with Pickard and Aitto in the system not to mention Varly a young guy already on the team. So basically I don't think the Avs really care one way or another if Quincey is on the team or not.

member 116861

You have to look at it from his prospective though. It just another example of a player clashing with the head coach (which tends to happen a lot with Sacco). Plus he probably has a bunch of friends on the team that he enjoyed being with. So when the time of the trade came around he was probably more pissed that he was being moved from a town and friends he enjoyed, and he probably felt that it was Sacco's fault (which it probably was because Sacco hated him) but he can't call the coach out so he went after the organization.

Not saying its right but you do have to look at it through the players eyes as well.

Plus I know the cutthroats are affiliated but they are not really affiliated, the chances of any of the players on that roster ever make the team are like 1000 to 1. Even players like Patterson and Millan are big long shots even to make backup goalie with Pickard and Aitto in the system not to mention Varly a young guy already on the team. So basically I don't think the Avs really care one way or another if Quincey is on the team or not.

Did Sacco actually hate him? Plus even if he didn't like Sacco he still shouldn't have taken those shots at our team and if he still wanted to take those shots then they should have been directed at Sacco and not at our organization.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sacco hated Quincey? I'd say you couldn't be more wrong. Our FO on the other hand might be a different story.

Sacco makes all the line-up decisions so he was the one who decided to keep Quincey in the press box even though he was healthy and ready to go. That's what Quincey's main issue was.

I don't like the guy and I hope he continues to play poorly with the Wings but I'm not going to cheer against the Cutthroats just because he's on the team. I hope they have a good season.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Sacco makes all the line-up decisions so he was the one who decided to keep Quincey in the press box even though he was healthy and ready to go. That's what Quincey's main issue was.

I don't like the guy and I hope he continues to play poorly with the Wings but I'm not going to cheer against the Cutthroats just because he's on the team. I hope they have a good season.

He didn't put him in because he didn't want to change the winning team, he didn't do it because he hated Quincey.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but Beaupre has also been assigned to the Cutthroats.

Hanklite*

I like the colors a lot but the striping is not good. Oh well, it's minor league hockey.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Ben Wilson and Jamie MacQueen have been assigned the the Cutthroats

Lake Erie Monsters ‏@monstershockey

#Monsters Player Transaction Update: Wilson and MacQueen have been reassigned to Denver Cutthroats (@DEN_Cutthroats) in the CHL.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Ben Wilson and Jamie MacQueen have been assigned the the Cutthroats

I'm not surprised.
There were already a lot of players not playing, so I think it's best for everyone.

BTW do the Monsters still have 8Ds on their team?
I think Sullivan and Chouinard didn't play against the Marlies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Groupon for tix -

http://www.groupon.com/denver/deals...ource=rvs&utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=3751790

Study frozen fusion with this GrouponLive deal: for $17, you get to see the Denver Cutthroats at Denver Coliseum as part of a game-day package (up to a $35.40 total value, including all fees), which includes the following:

One ticket for lower-bowl seating in sections 101–102, 104–106, 108, 112, 125, 129–131, 133–134 (up to a $28.40 value, including all fees)
One beer or soft drink (a $4 value)
One hot dog (a $3 value)
Choose from the following game options:

Versus Rapid City Rush on Saturday, October 27, at 7:05 p.m.
Versus Texas Brahmas on Friday, November 2, at 7:05 p.m.
Versus Texas Brahmas on Saturday, November 3, at 7:05 p.m.
Versus Arizona Sundogs on Wednesday, November 14, at 7:05 p.m.

foppagirl21

Jan 16, 2011
Denver, CO
Groupon for tix -

http://www.groupon.com/denver/deals...ource=rvs&utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=3751790

Study frozen fusion with this GrouponLive deal: for $17, you get to see the Denver Cutthroats at Denver Coliseum as part of a game-day package (up to a $35.40 total value, including all fees), which includes the following:

One ticket for lower-bowl seating in sections 101–102, 104–106, 108, 112, 125, 129–131, 133–134 (up to a $28.40 value, including all fees)
One beer or soft drink (a $4 value)
One hot dog (a $3 value)
Choose from the following game options:

Versus Rapid City Rush on Saturday, October 27, at 7:05 p.m.
Versus Texas Brahmas on Friday, November 2, at 7:05 p.m.
Versus Texas Brahmas on Saturday, November 3, at 7:05 p.m.
Versus Arizona Sundogs on Wednesday, November 14, at 7:05 p.m.
That is actually not too bad. Four of us talked yesterday about looking into tickets. Hmm.

Question - will the Avs bring up anyone from the Cutthroats during the regular season or will it go Avs - LEM - Cutthroats (which I am assuming)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad