Gonchar for Norris

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Loki-loki-thor-2011-32256025-600-610.jpg

This guy will probably get it.

EDIT: Woops, thought that was a picture of Letang.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Although he’s been missing the shot, Gonchar in the last few weeks looks prime time.

That said, although he is not even on the Norris radar, he is quietly playing the best hockey he has played in Sens jersey.

The Fuhr*

Karlsson who?

Gonchar reliving his glory days as a dominant offensive defenseman... love it

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Gonchar has been awesome for us for the last two years. I'm going to miss him when he's gone.

ONE MORE YEAR!

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Contract year or not, Gonchar is showing that he can still bring it.

If he’s willing to sign a 1-year extension, I say get ‘er done Murray!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Okay I'm convinced this guy can play another year or two.

No reason to let him go. Guy has been nothing short of amazing, showing he can handle top minutes at age 38.

DonthaveaCOWEN

Jul 29, 2010
If Murray convinces Alfie to stay for one more year next year promising that we are going hard for a cup then I would bet Gonchar will beg to sign a 1 year extension to try and win a cup with this team. He has invested a lot of time and hardwork helping Karlsson, Cowen, Weircioch and been an absolute leader. I doubt he'll want to leave right before the team has a chance to ascend to greatness.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
If people think Subban is good enough for it, why not?

Go Gonchar Go!

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
We need to keep Gonch imo throwing the kids to the wolves next year with heightened expectations is not a good option. Would love a 2 year 8 mill extension, however he might be looking for more on the open market, but if there is a way to get'er done I say do it.

2CHHHHAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNZZZZZZ

WhiteLight*

Was thinking about this too

He certainly deserves it more than Letang. He's 5x the defensive player Letang is, and Letang pads his stats playing with Crosby

Lonnie Loach

Feb 2, 2004
New York, NY
Re-sign/extend Gonch and load for bear by making a run at Iginla in the offseason. We have the cap room to do it, and with Spezza, Karlsson, Cowen, Michalek and Anderson fully healthy, combined with the assets we get from a Bishop trade, and the experience our championship Bingo core gets in the NHL this year, we have a shot at the prize.

Do it for Alfie if nothing else.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If he continues this play there is no reason why he shouldn't get mentioned.

Best defender on the best defensive team in the league.

He has been on a tear. Gonchar playing like the prime offensive catalyst we've all known him to be.

Drama

Feb 8, 2010
Ukraine
Gonch also has a ridonculously big impact on Karlsson, Weircioch, Cowen and Benoit so I hope he gets to stay as long as possible so the kids get a chance to soak up as much knowledge from him as possible.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Just having Gonchar nominated for the Norris would be ridiculous.

... Ridiculous in a good way, I mean. In a "We're 6th in the league right now, who would have ever seen that coming with all of our injuries" sort of way.

If he doesn't get a nomination, that's fine (lots of good nominees this year, the race will be closer than usual IMO), but if he does get a nod, it won't be undeserving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad