Gonchar for Norris

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
I remember when I was the only guy who pumped his tires.. Ahh, those were the days

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
So stupid...I mean I couldn't stand Kuba when he was on the team 2 years ago but I would still never boo one of my own players. Ever.

Europeans do that all the time in soccer. Look at AC Milan a bit back. You must remember how bad he was playing. It was reminiscent of this....

[/MEDIA]

even though he was with penguins for the next one he played like this as well.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Remember 2 years ago when the fans booed him when his name was announced at the season opener?

I was there. I was so mad.

During the red carpet, he was the only player I saw that stopped for pictures and autographs.

He is a classy classy player.

Booing him was classless.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It's also funny how it was not one poster on HF boards that booed him, right? :laugh:

Everyone on here has too much class for that.

I was an usher in the 100's that night, I remember specifically because I recall looking up at the 200 & 300 sections when Gonch got booed and thinking to myself "what the hell is this **** here?".

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Remember 2 years ago when the fans booed him when his name was announced at the season opener?

What? It was brilliant! It improves our chances to sign good UFA players.

I remember when I was the only guy who pumped his tires.. Ahh, those were the days

You were not the only one but we were in minority for sure. As I followed the NHL closely for 20 years, I have followed Gonchar's career all the way and I sure know how good he can be.

However, I was never really a "fan" until last year...

Europeans do that all the time in soccer. Look at AC Milan a bit back. You must remember how bad he was playing. It was reminiscent of this....

#1st highlight

even though he was with penguins for the next one he played like this as well.

#2nd highlight

#1 = 1st game of the season, confusion playing for the 1st time with rookie partner Jared Cowen. New coach, new system. One play doesn't determine a player's career. If it was, 95% of NHL players would be crap

#2 = Did the right thing as to push the attacking forward to the side, probably thought it was a routine save but Fleury is Fleury. In hindsight, I'm sure he would have played that differently. he really wasn't physical enough on that play. Again, one play doesn't determine a player's career

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->