OT: Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
Anyone in the Lancaster area want to meet up and golf on Saturday? All my friends are on vacation and I'd like to go. I'd prefer to head out around 11 or 12.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Having Xander miss the cut at the PGA, and Wolff getting DQ'ed in the Masters and not playing the PGA really boned me over hard.

I've got two British players (Fleetwood and Hatton) who have largely been disappointments relative to their world ranking at basically all of the tournaments. Hopefully they can do well at the open.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

These weather fascists are the WORST. I hate them. They think that everything revolves around them, that they have a mandate to ruin whatever show they want. And without fail, they come on and play with their graphics like they are toys, even though they are complete shit at using them. I hate their guts. This does not include our own weather guys on here, who are better in every way, etc.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The unwarranted hate Bryson, Kevin, and I get !!!!

giphy.gif

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
I'm playing Manchester Country Club in Vermont this week. Supposed to be pretty damn nice. It's the second private course I've ever been on, so I'm excited to make a fool of myself.
Nicest course I have ever played is Vermont National, up by Burlington, VT. Also a private course, playing there was an outing at a conference for work. I almost eagled the toughest hole on the course. The rest of the course had me for lunch.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just make sure to tuck your tank top into your jean shorts and you are good to go !!! :)

Have fun and enjoy !!!
No word of a lie....a few weeks ago we played at a lesser course due to others being booked solid. On hole #1, 3 of us sprayed our tee shots to the left because hole 2 runs parallel and there is OB on the right.

We tee off on hole 2 and one guy sprays his shot well right this time. As we start walking toward up to our 2nd shots, a guy in the group 2 ahead of us starts yelling and screaming at us that it's the 2nd lime they have nearly been hit by one of our balls.

The due was wearing a sleevless shirt and blue jeans and was jacked.

Our buddy didn't bother going to get his ball and just hit another from our fairway.

:laugh:

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Originally has a tee time scheduled for 4:20 today. Was iffy if we were going to play because of the rain. My buddy and I went up anyway and we're glad we did. The course was dry and the sun ended up being out. We played 18 holes in 2 1/2 hours...the same amount of time it took us to play 9 on Sunday...it was great

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Manchester Country Club in VT was absolutely gorgeous. Front and back nine felt like two different courses, which I really enjoyed. The course was in phenomenal shape overall and had some incredible views, with the 18th tee being the highlight. Downhill tee shot over a railroad with the elevation change making the hole seem like it was 700 yards when in reality it was just over 400.

The greens were unbelievably hard to read for us first-timers. Lots of undulation in general, but some really tough to decipher optical illusions that would make putts break one way when we were all but positive they'd break the other way. Those mountain courses will get you. At least they were consistent and rolled pure on every hole though, which is all I can ask for. 10/10, would recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad