GDT: Golden Knights @ Predators 5pm NBCSN (Malcolm vs PK)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Plus you can't scratch a dressing room guy like Merrill after dropping the gloves to defend a teammate. These are the ups and downs of having a player's coach.
Sure you can. Parros did it in Anaheim all the time and he got scratched more than he played because he wasn't a very effective hockey player.

I understand being a player's coach but at some point you have to be a hockey coach and look at a guy and realize "boy, he usually isn't great, but tonight he was almost entirely responsible for the shift in the outcome of the game that lead to it becoming out of reach. And then in the third period he singlehandedly stifled any chance to claw some momentum back with a rock brained penalty. He needs to sit. He's having a negative impact on our performance."

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Sure you can. Parros did it in Anaheim all the time and he got scratched more than he played because he wasn't a very effective hockey player.

I understand being a player's coach but at some point you have to be a hockey coach and look at a guy and realize "boy, he usually isn't great, but tonight he was almost entirely responsible for the shift in the outcome of the game that lead to it becoming out of reach. And then in the third period he singlehandedly stifled any chance to claw some momentum back with a rock brained penalty. He needs to sit. He's having a negative impact on our performance."

Yeah this was one of those 'eventually playing Merrill every game will bite us in the butt again' inevitabilities.

No better time to call up Carr, I guess. Hyka will probably get sent down after his poor game tonight.

Donkey Punch

Oct 30, 2018
With our offense being so anemic right now, and with Patch and Stass out, I can't figure out why Pirri wouldn't get a shot. I feel like he has the ability to be instant offense.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
With our offense being so anemic right now, and with Patch and Stass out, I can't figure out why Pirri wouldn't get a shot. I feel like he has the ability to be instant offense.
With the team's weak passing game the only line he could benefit from is the first and there's no way he's bumping anyone off that line. Pirri is a one trick pony. A hard shot. Not much else.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm still optimistic. Lots of shit is going wrong, stuff that almost has to get corrected as long as you don't start gripping the sticks too tight.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Preds are a well oiled machine which has no leaks. It is the most balanced team in the league imo. It would take a great day to beat them with this group (and to look good doing so).

Reactions: MordredGK

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Subban played well. With all the terrible odd man rushes we gave up VGK was lucky that Sub only gave up 3.

Hitting the crossbar happens, but the team needs to put more shots on net. Way too many going wide. Merrill was bad. Deryk E and Theodore didn't play great either.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm not as sour on Merrill as some, or as I probably should be. I'm sour because there's better options now, Hunt and Brannwagon come to mind.

If this happened last year at the same point and there were no other options, I'd be a big fan of leaving Merrill in because he's shown that he can be solid and pressure can make men do great things. I honestly don't know what to do now what we've supposedly got options, but I know that if we were in this position last season and we had nothing to lose, I'd be a lot more positive on Merrill.

I'm just ready for Schmidt to return, honestly.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not as sour on Merrill as some, or as I probably should be. I'm sour because there's better options now, Hunt and Brannwagon come to mind.

If this happened last year at the same point and there were no other options, I'd be a big fan of leaving Merrill in because he's shown that he can be solid and pressure can make men do great things. I honestly don't know what to do now what we've supposedly got options, but I know that if we were in this position last season and we had nothing to lose, I'd be a lot more positive on Merrill.

I'm just ready for Schmidt to return, honestly.

And don't forget Bischoff, he looked solid and safe in preseason.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad