Post-Game Talk: Golden Knights @ Caps, 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Ovechkin scoring at home early was huge. As was Kuznetsov's play. And the team defense. They all look hyper-focused, and I'm loving it.

Gotta hope that home momentum and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel results in their best Game 4.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
IMO they seem like a more talented CBJ.

No way. The only comparable defender they had was Schimdt, but Werenski and Jones were lightyears ahead of everyone else. And offensively there's no one to be scared of from Vegas while on the other hand Panarin was the most terrifying player we've faced all post season. Generally I think that's pretty much the only thing holding the Knights back, they just don't have any dominate forward to really dictate a game and for as good as Schmidt is he's not a "real" number 1.

I like the Tampa comparison. They're like Tampa light in that they're a fast and skilled team but seem to lack that mental fortitude.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Get it done boys. I wanna shed some tears if Ovi wins this. As a 24 year old, he's all I've known as a die hard hockey fan and was my hero growing up. My favorite non Kings player easily.

I'll never be this invested in a team that isn't the Kings again. Go Caps!

Last edited:

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
No way. The only comparable defender they had was Schimdt, but Werenski and Jones were lightyears ahead of everyone else. And offensively there's no one to be scared of from Vegas while on the other hand Panarin was the most terrifying player we've faced all post season. Generally I think that's pretty much the only thing holding the Knights back, they just don't have any dominate forward to really dictate a game and for as good as Schmidt is he's not a "real" number 1.

I like the Tampa comparison. They're like Tampa light in that they're a fast and skilled team but seem to lack that mental fortitude.
They've won two games. To say the Knights don't have the "mental fortitude" is insane. They wouldn't be in the SC if they weren't insanely mentally strong and talented. Slow your roll folks.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
They've won two games. To say the Knights don't have the "mental fortitude" is insane. They wouldn't be in the SC if they weren't insanely mentally strong and talented. Slow your roll folks.

I guess what I mean by that is, much like Tampa, they seem to be unable to take the heavy and grimey game. Almost a stereotypical GMGM team. Both Columbus and Pittsburgh (though to a lesser extent) where able to reciprocate and handle it better, while Tampa and Vegas have gotten noticably affected by it in differing ways.

They could still easily come back and rip 3 off if they get back to playing D, but it doesn't change my opinion they're very much a "soft" team.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Chillin' back home after the game. First home win in Finals. Complete game by the boys, only hiccups were Devo's two penalties (and he made up for it) and Holtby's gaffe (which ultimately affected only his potential shutout). Looks like they've found their groove. Vegas seems to be without an answer. Two more! We'll see if they can get this done. I'm thinkin' no more than 6, probably 5. Need a solid reprise tomorrow (Monday).

Reactions: calicapsfan

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I don’t want to get too confident. Monday is still a huge game.

10-9 goals so far - pretty darn ever.

Difference so far is Caps have the top players on the ice and they are playing like it. Ovi, Backstrom, Kuzy, and Holtby are better than any players wearing black and gold and our top guys are actually playing like it.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Their 9 goals. One was an empty net, bull**** bounce in game 2, holtby gift game 3. Also that stupid ****ing reeves goal.
Agreed, but we’ve seen it time and time again as Caps fans that it’s sonetimes better to be lucky than good.

Up 2-1 With game 4 at home.... huge game coming up.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm thinking some people here are getting waaaaayyyyy ahead of themselves.

What would be the ultimate gut punch, have your heart ripped out scenario? Maybe getting to the Final winning two or three games and losing right?

p.s. I know, I know, this team is different.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

shelco

May 7, 2018
This post deserves a love, not like. The Caps are literally my age for franchise existence, well a few months older actually. I'm actually getting pretty sick and super excited at the same time. I became a fan around the Save the Caps timeframe. Now excuse me while I try to walk, lol. Nerves are setting in.
Was born Dec 28/73. This team is as old as I am. Get it done boys. 2 more wins and I will lose my mind in the middle of Saskatchewan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad