GDT: Gold: Sweden vs USA

ijuka

May 14, 2016
5 seconds left, I'd ask the refs: Who cares? They really watch a scrum on video? Match penalty for 5 seconds? Yawn.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
That is the first time I’ve ever seen Hävelid (the coach) smile!

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I think Finland would've had a chance in the final. Not completely unexpected win for Sweden, this group has beaten the US multiple times.
Canada and US took too many stupid penalties to have any chance to win. And of course the US goaltender was trash.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Hugo Hävelid. Hero. And the entire top line are just so good. Should all go top 15 in the draft. Great for Swedish hockey this.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Tournament all star team:

Kulich-Cooley-Lekkermaki
Hutson-Hamara
Havelid

Cooley is the forward of the tournament

Lane Hutson is the defender of the tournament

An all time great goaltending performance for Havelid who wins the goalie of the tournament

H.Havelid and McGroatry with the POTG preformances for their respective teams

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Canada and US took too many stupid penalties to have any chance to win. And of course the US goaltender was trash.
The third goal today is bad no question. First goal a bit Meh really good shot though. Second is pure Östlund skill fourth one is equal parts skill and poor discipline, fifth is a bad pinch. I mean sure he wasn’t good but he wasn’t that bad either.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Kulich-Cooley-Lekkermaki
Hutson-Hamara
Havelid

Cooley is the forward of the tournament

Lane Hutson is the defender of the tournament

An all time great goaltending performance for Havelid who wins the goalie of the tournament

H.Havelid and McGroatry with the POTG preformances for their respective teams
No, Hävelid was a better defender than Hamara.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
When you think you haven’t Aged that much and then you see actual 17-18 year olds:)

Reactions: Mestaruus

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Was Hävelid's more magical performance today or at WJC Wallstedt's performance against Slovakia?

I understand that this was a gold medal match and the second match was just in a group. Nevertheless, it is nice to see that the Swedish goalkeeper can steal the match with his performance.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Doesn't matter what level it is.

International Hockey is the best of what our sport has to offer.

Great game. And expect to see a lot of these kids at the world juniors coming up.

Bring on the World Championships next!

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Sweden have now won 2 of the last 3 gold medals at the U18s. Medals overall in 4 straight tournaments, 5 of the last 6. Not too bad. Eye of Ra will still talk about a decline though.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Sweden have now won 2 of the last 3 gold medals at the U18s. Medals overall in 4 straight tournaments, 5 of the last 6. Not too bad. Eye of Ra will still talk about a decline though.
They have quickly become superforce at this level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad