GDT: Gold: Sweden vs USA

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The US program baffles me. Elite development, elite players and no Gold's at senior to show for it after several amazing generations. Now they haven't won a U18 tourney in 4 years which is equally shocking.

I have no explanation as they should have golds all over the place. Reigning U20 champs at least!
U18’s I think they’ve gotten a little unlucky mixed with some bad coaching and goaltending.

I think senior WC is a little different. I think the American and Canadian players care less about this tournament, which is why we’ve seen more younger players invited recently by these countries. The NHL players all come in with a bad mood. Either they had a bad team season or were eliminated early in the playoffs. There’s not a culture either of fighting for your country’s success, as much. Those European players that make it in the NHL all have a chip on their shoulder. The NA players have it easier. I also think the difference between Canada’s results and the Americans comes down to better players. All those things might apply to them, but they are also choosing from the best group of players.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad