GDT: Gold Medal Game - February 25 - Russia vs Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
The fact that Germany can hang in this game despite having significantly lesser talent across their lineup shows how important coaching is in this sport.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Don’t kid yourself buddy. No one in Canada cared for this tournament the second we learned Canada’s Z team would be representing the nation. When the A team represents the nation we have won 3 of the last 4 Olympics as well as the World Cup. Russia in those tournaments? Including one of home ice? No titles.

Lol I understand where you're coming from but Russia hasn't won anything of significance at the mens level since the 1981 Canada Cup, so you might be able to understand their joy at potentially winning an Olympic Gold, even if its a tournament where the best players from Canada, Sweden, Finland, USA, etc etc are not participating.

I think deep down though Russians realize a potential Olympic Gold here isn't worth much, I mean they have to right? I don't think they're slow. I feel its also further devalued by the fact that technically it isn't Russia out there, but the OAR because of their notorious history of Russian doping and cheating. If they win this game all the pictures won't show a Russian flag hanging higher than the German and Canadian flags, it will show an Olympic flag.

But whatever Let them enjoy their time in the sun..lol.

Reactions: Harry22

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
LMAO. Was that Pierre or Milbury clearly talking with food in their mouth?

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Bronze medalist of 2500+ years tournament is the best? ok.

Lol it’s like you’re covering your ears to avoid the truth. This is basically a little league title. The best in the world aren’t playing. The last three best on best tournaments have been won by Canada. It’s like talking to a wall.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
All the casuals in my group chat that started watching hockey now are slowly realising what it would like against NHL players :D

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
That's
My country with the best players in the world playing in the tournament.

That's my country too. If you don't want to watch, no one is making you. Canada's out, sadly... enjoy the game or kindly go away.

Reactions: Sentinel

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Yes. Yes you are. Go underdog. Go a real country. Go folks that haven't been shown to have a systemic doping program.

There's a good chance that the German cross-country skiers and biathletes did engage in systematic doping. At least according to Hajo Seppelt. It was nicely swept under the rug.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Lol it’s like you’re covering your ears to avoid the truth. This is basically a little league title. The best in the world aren’t playing. The last three best on best tournaments have been won by Canada. It’s like talking to a wall.

Read this comment again:
"it is like Allies tell Axis in 1940: "Hey Axis, your victory over France does not count, give the Paris back to us. Cause USSR and USA did not take part in this battle""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad