GDT: Gold Medal Game • May 15 • Sweden 1, Finland 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladiator16*

Congratulations to team Finland, even thou i wanted team Russia to win it, i did like what Finns brought to WC this year. Here is my prediction from pre Canada Russia match up. Well, i was wrong about outcome of Can- Russia match up, i was right about you guys taking it all... great job and good luck in the future.

showthread.php

Tree-hugger

Feb 28, 2007
Paris
I believe Calle was referring to his risky play in the first period, not his personality.

Calle knows more about hockey than all of you. ;-)

Okay,thanks. Makes a bit more sense.

And I'm sure he does :) Calle for the win !

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Congratulations Finland, well played.

The Swedes was just to weak to compete this time around. I hope for a better effort from our behalf next time we meet.

Tree-hugger

Feb 28, 2007
Paris
Hahaha, it's great! :)

Finnish people have humour. :-D

Everything which gives us higher motivation to beat you next big game is only good for us.

HAHAH, well you started it so you better live with it too. What's even funnier is that barnleks meme that will go on until you actually win that next tournament. *giggle*

Last edited:

eli J

Claw Machine broke
Nov 14, 2010
Moncton, NB
I'm assuming Aftonbladet, which is a Swedish news magazine, was mocking Finland the day before the game and then admiting they got OWNED the day after? I can't reach Swedish or whatever language that's in but I'm guessing it says Monday in the top left and Sunday in the bottom right?

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
I'm assuming Aftonbladet, which is a Swedish news magazine, was mocking Finland the day before the game and then admiting they got OWNED the day after? I can't reach Swedish or whatever language that's in but I'm guessing it says Monday in the top left and Sunday in the bottom right?

You're correct. :) (The text in white on black is Finnish)

Does anyone have more of these summaries, or whatever they're called, from the game?

In German

Finnish (Mertaranta)

Hungarian?

Last edited:

Tree-hugger

Feb 28, 2007
Paris

You assume right but it's just tabloids. They never learn though.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden

and we (Sweden) will continue mocking them before every single game! You can count on it. ;-)

XO

Nov 4, 2009
really tough loss, sucks to lose against team you know you should win against. makes sports funnier though, ofc.

to swedes, watch these and you'll be happier again:

:thumbu:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Finally got home from a working trip, but did see the game of course. ****ing yes! Has been a long time coming but was worth the wait! What an incredible team...almost every game was a come from behind win. And Granlund...if he stays healthy, he could become something else :amazed:

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
Russian:

Swedish (Kaj Kunnas):

I've been trying to find one with Swedish commentators(svt?). No results.

Thanks! I was looking for Kunnas'.

The Swedish one is the most interesting I'd guess but I haven't found it either, just some after the game analysis.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Thanks! I was looking for Kunnas'.

The Swedish one is the most interesting I'd guess but I haven't found it either, just some after the game analysis.

That's like Hitler's body to us, we're not gonna reveal it for you to use.. hopefully. :nod:

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
That's like Hitler's body to us, we're not gonna reveal it for you to use.. hopefully. :nod:

Oh well, I guess I can wait a couple of days until someone from Sweden wants a bit attention and some views for his profile on youtube and uploads it. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad