GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • Canada vs. Russia • Part V (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Those aren't even remotely in the same realm, and you know it. Throwing a ******* stick into the crowd should net you a suspension, and arguing against that is ridiculous.

I'm willing to bet if this tournament was in Russia, and a Canadian player threw a stick into the crowd, this place would lose it's mind and posters such as yourself would be calling for his head.

Read the last few pages. That's not what I'm saying at all.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
I would be writing letters to Hockey Canada to have this kid personally apologize to every other team at the tourney for being a classless moron..
nobody apologize him. And i seen here only idiot terms about him. What do you mean?
I did not write letters to russian federation because they gives a sh... about my letters, so what peoples must do for you stop talking about him? Did you see anyone who protects him?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Really excited, selfishly, about how Reinhart played and what that means for the Sabres when he's a regular top player there. Seeing him play like that live was nuts. Not just 1 game, but many of them. So effective, not flashy but effective.

Jealous of you Canadians. :laugh:

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Are we still on about the stick throwing?

I think everyone agrees it was a stupid thing to do.
Save for one poster who assures us that it couldn't cause any significant health problems, I think most here recognize the possibility it very well could.

As for the young man who threw the stick, I'm sure he realizes it was his brightest moment. Let the IIHF deal with any punishment.

He also did it out of frustration, not because he is Russian.

Canadians have also had stupid, irrational, emotional outbursts.
As have peoples from all nations. I guess it's called being human.

As for the reason for this thread...damn good game. The Russians showed me what I already knew. They don't fold and wimp away when they're losing. They fight just like Canadians to get back into the game. And damn did they scare the hell out of me and thousands of Canadians with their energy and tenacity.

Great game played by two great teams and two great hockey powers.

спасибо Russia (hope that's the right way to spell it)

Scotty B

Jan 1, 2014
Thank you Canada. I hope we don't have more to talk about such stupid things as the trow

And people say the Canada Russia rivalry is dead...GOTTA LOVE IT...

CHEERS RUSSIANS ...and yeah it was an absolutely great game...another classic :handclap: which ONLY CAN RUS can deliver!

I , for one, bear u Russians no ill will...just RESPECT!

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
And people say the Canada Russia rivalry is dead...GOTTA LOVE IT...

CHEERS RUSSIANS ...and yeah it was an absolutely great game...another classic :handclap: which ONLY CAN RUS can deliver!

I , for one, bear u Russians no ill will...just RESPECT!

TY and i think rivalry must be better and better if now we play hockey and not the MMA match theese days
good luck and see you later

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Read the last few pages. That's not what I'm saying at all.

What you're saying is even more ridiculous than those opposing a suspension. You're claiming that a flying hockey stick can't be a dangerous situation which is preposterous. Like another poster said, if people started hurling hockey sticks at your face, you would change your tune pretty quick.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
So should the Russian player who threw his stick into the crowd and bloodied a spectator receive any punishment?

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
So should the Russian player who threw his stick into the crowd and bloodied a spectator receive any punishment?

Should receive a suspension, but probably won't. He's not eligible for next year's tournament anyway due to age, so...not sure a suspension does anything really..it may be a few years before the senior team comes calling.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Continue here.

Awesome game boys :)

MOD WARNING:

Let's keep this thread on the topic of today's Canada-Russia game please. Discussing of officiating potential biases outside of the actual play during this game, while worthy of its own discussion, is better discussed in the context its own thread rather then hijacking this one. What may happen during the course of this game is fully up for discussion, what may have happened in Sochi or 27 years ago is off topic for this thread. Posts will be deleted as OT and posters may be thread-banned from from the GDT if they continuously take this thread OT with posts ignoring this warning.

Flaming / Off-Topic Nonsense will not be tolerated. First an infraction, then a thread ban.

Just a reminder of the warning in the original post. We were getting very off topic - keep it on topic, or the thread will be closed.

Tyler Biggs*

Canada, on top of the hockey world at the mens level and junior level. Oh how sweet it is.

Hard to argue that this is best hockey you will see year after year after year! Win or Lose these kids entertain every year.... and play their hearts out for their FLAG!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Are we still on about the stick throwing?

I think everyone agrees it was a stupid thing to do.
Save for one poster who assures us that it couldn't cause any significant health problems, I think most here recognize the possibility it very well could.

As for the young man who threw the stick, I'm sure he realizes it was his brightest moment. Let the IIHF deal with any punishment.

He also did it out of frustration, not because he is Russian.

Canadians have also had stupid, irrational, emotional outbursts.
As have peoples from all nations. I guess it's called being human.

As for the reason for this thread...damn good game. The Russians showed me what I already knew. They don't fold and wimp away when they're losing. They fight just like Canadians to get back into the game. And damn did they scare the hell out of me and thousands of Canadians with their energy and tenacity.

Great game played by two great teams and two great hockey powers.

спасибо Russia (hope that's the right way to spell it)

:bow:

I just wish there were more rational respectful posts like this.

kids and adults make mistakes in the heat of the moment.

One gold medal in a Junior tournament is great and its nice to be back but why do we need to connect the dots to make it more than it really is.....maybe try to enjoy the moment with a touch of class.

Russia showed us all "again" what it is like to not quit when they are down 5-1. Really impressive performance coming back and I think a few NHL teams could learn a lesson about compete from this group of kids.

Very good and entertaining game as usual. kudos to the kids on both teams.......facepalm to away too many of the posts that have followed.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
Canada, on top of the hockey world at the mens level and junior level. Oh how sweet it is.

Hard to argue that this is best hockey you will see year after year after year! Win or Lose these kids entertain every year.... and play their hearts out for their FLAG!
calm up and wait next 4 years. Where have been Canada at 2013 WJC when they cant even make a medal if they on top just now.
did not read same stupid post from any other team fans when they won gold at WJC

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
calm up and wait next 4 years. Where have been Canada at 2013 WJC when they cant even make a medal if they on top just now.
did not read same stupid post from any other team fans when they won gold at WJC

I'm a little surprised at the hostility.

Canada are reigning WJC and Olympic champions.

We're supposed to apologize for this?

And he's saying that the WJC is entertaining hockey. That's offensive to you?

You guys have to get a grip already.

Meanwhile, your countrymen were writing stuff like this?

ViD said:
More quick facts :

Canada has not won a gold medal in 5 years.

Canada has not won a silver medal in 3 years.

Canada has not won a WJHC medal in 2 years

Fact: Canada are the reigning Olympic and WJHC champions.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I'm a little surprised at the hostility.

Canada are reigning WJC and Olympic champions.

We're supposed to apologize for this?

And he's saying that the WJC is entertaining hockey. That's offensive to you?

You guys have to get a grip already.

Its not about apologizing! Its about taunting. Remember that at least 200 posts on this thread were dedicated to excoriating Yudin for taunting! Most non-Canadians would interpret "We're on top of the World" after a razor-close home extravaganza as a taunt!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Its not about apologizing! Its about taunting. Remember that at least 200 posts on this thread were dedicated to excoriating Yudin for taunting! Most non-Canadians would interpret "We're on top of the World" after a razor-close home extravaganza as a taunt!

Is "we are the #1 nation in hockey in two recent major tournaments" sufficiently dialed down for you?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
by a hair. just take it and run already.

I'm sure the reaction was similar when Russia won in OT in the 2008 WC or at the 2011 WJC.

Or in the quarters in the 2006 Olympics.

:rolleyes:

"Let's not get too excited fellow Russians, these were close games."

You guys are such hypocrites.

Donald

Jan 31, 2013
Just want to point out that Canada is the reigning champion of the Olympics and the World Juniors.

Actually the last TWO Olympics. And in the most recent one (in Russia) they were far better than everyone else.

Also, Canada had a 5-1 lead against Russia at one point before Russia's 3 quick goals that were almost flukey. And Canada pretty much shut down Russia for the entire 3rd period. After spending the 2nd intermission fully expecting to see Canada complete an epic meltdown, I was surprisingly calm throughout the 3rd as it really looked to me like they took control for the entire period. Did Russia even have any good scoring chances in the entire period?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was surprisingly calm throughout the 3rd as it really looked to me like they took control for the entire period.

Well that's one of us.

I was pretty nervous. Russia certainly made it interesting and entertaining.

I think it's silly to pretend otherwise.

Canada iced the puck, what, 4 times in that final minute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad