Olympics: Gold and Bronze matchups!

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
not really true. kuzmenko and burdasov is very skilled and still not on the team. there is others aswell.

swedish coach did the same, he brough 4 checking lines.
My understanding is Kuzmenko had to miss the tournament due to an undisclosed injury.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Goddamn, ROC won the skills competition against Sweden. Now it seems that I'm forced to care and watch the final game - in the beginning I didn't care much about winning this tournament (I still don't, haven't watched any of the games except last 6 minutes of ROC-SWE OT & shootout today), but I don't want ROC to win. Mostly because I don't want to hear the endless bragging from Russian politicians if that happens. (Regular fans I don't mind.)

Going to be a tough game, hopefully it won't be decided by questionable reffing.

Oh, and go Slovakia! I have nothing against the Swedish team, but I think the Slovaks would feel a lot better about the bronze medal than Sweden. Would be huge for the sport in Slovakia.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Cope harder, bud.
Just trolling a bit. I don't believe any of the russian ice hockey players are part of the cheating club. And to be honest I am more afraid of this TEAM of russian players than the superstar gang of individuals that would have been there other years. Thus the trolling..

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Definitely not satisfied with the final result of Russia vs Sweden game. I was hoping that Sweden could win the whole tournament. Also, local users from Sweden like @Eye of Ra or @Elvs are very supportive when it comes to Slovak hockey, so I'm not happy that one of the countries will end up without a medal.

I would have prefered a Sweden/Finland rival meeting in the finals, so I was defenitely cheering for Sweden in the semi final, but otherwise I don't care much for this Swedish team. If we win bronze in an Olympic tournament without NHL'ers, I don't think that does anything for our hockey, nor do I think a lot of people really care.

I'm sure it sounds absurd to many, but I'm rooting for Slovakia. My biggest desire when it comes to hockey, is for the sport to grow in more countries. I obviously don't live in Slovakia, but my guess is a bronze medal there, even if the tournament isn't best on best, would be a big thing. And it would be especially good timing now, with the Slovak prospects coming up in the next couple of drafts. I suppose and Olympic bronze could further convince politicans to help finance hockey rinks and other things related to the sport.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I think that more time to rest and a slightly less demanding semi-final match will decide in favor of Finland. Russia found me more tired in the third period than Sweden, so winning a skills competition is like winning gold for them.

I admit that I don't like Russian hockey or the country, too often their matches disappoint me with the result. So it's time for Finland to finally win its Olympic gold medal. Game strategy, reactions during the match and sisu..it can sometimes do more than the quality of the opponent. I also hope that if Finland really wins gold, crazy people in Finland will publish a video of jumping naked into a lake and celebrating.:laugh:

Reactions: mattihp

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Russia are way more skilled than Finland but won’t be as defensively sound. I guess Russia should win due to better players though.

Slovakia will win the bronze medal game. Sweden won’t be as up for it after a hearbreaking shootout loss that drained all of our energy.
Are sure about russians being more skilled? (Looking at KHL stats)

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I’m afraid Swedish goalie will put in a great performance again and we will be kept to no more than 1 goal. Now the question is if we can shut the Swedish offense out somehow

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I’m afraid Swedish goalie will put in a great performance again and we will be kept to no more than 1 goal. Now the question is if we can shut the Swedish offense out somehow

Slovakia has a bigger chance if Hellberg is in net for Sweden. Lars Johansson never allows more than 2 goals.

What offensive btw, only wallkmark, lander and Brome is offensive threats. we have loads of grinders.

Let's go Slovakia! 3-1 to Slovakia

Lars Johansson is never going to let in 3 goals. Its gonna be 1-0, 2-1 game

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Then you still know nothing..

Earlier you were saying Finland wouldnt even medal..
What high end skill does Finland have? Just Manninen, Granlund, Hartikainen and that level of player. I take the Russian guys over those without hesitating. Finland don’t have better offensive depth or high end producers. They have a proven system though, of course.

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
What high end skill does Finland have? Just Manninen, Granlund, Hartikainen and that level of player. I take the Russian guys over those without hesitating. Finland don’t have better offensive depth or high end producers. They have a proven system though, of course.
Just look at the statistics. Finland does have an enormous depth. Why are you doing disinformation? Are we at war ;) ;)

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Just look at the statistics. Finland does have an enormous depth. Why are you doing disinformation? Are we at war ;) ;)
Finland have enormous offensive depth compared to most teams in this olympics, but not Russia. I would say you have better offensive depth than all teams but Russia at this olympics.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Sweden should just let Slovakia have the bronze, it would mean a lot to them since they are a very weak hockey nation and it could help get people there excited and more interested. Sweden already does good enough, they don't need it.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
He’s already leaving after the season. It’s done.

So he stays at WHC Finland then? That's almost like a home tournament for you Swedes as well. I mean some Swedish fans will travel with a ship so it's going to feel like home games most likely. Lost opportunity if he ruins your success there.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I think that more time to rest and a slightly less demanding semi-final match will decide in favor of Finland. Russia found me more tired in the third period than Sweden, so winning a skills competition is like winning gold for them.

I admit that I don't like Russian hockey or the country, too often their matches disappoint me with the result. So it's time for Finland to finally win its Olympic gold medal. Game strategy, reactions during the match and sisu..it can sometimes do more than the quality of the opponent. I also hope that if Finland really wins gold, crazy people in Finland will publish a video of jumping naked into a lake and celebrating.:laugh:

Final is played on Sunday and bronze match on Saturday. Once you get to the 36 hours margin of your previous game ending and the next one starting its not so big advantage anymore for Finland, thus almost fair. One advantage is that Finland is now used to the very early 6 AM (EET) time slot, because they played Sloakia at that hour now.

It matters in the Slovakia vs Sweden game more. There was 9 hours more for Slovakia to rest and the players themselves could even scout Sweden, because I'm sure that they watched the game from TV. Sweden has about 21 hours time from the ending of ROC game to the puck drop of Slovakia game. For Slovakia that is/was 30 hours.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
I find it kind of ironic that some claim Finland doesn't have depth when they can afford to have the entire KHL's leading goalscorer sitting in the stands.

Or perhaps it's a sign that those who measure the success of a team based on raw firepower are pretty far afield.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Sweden should just let Slovakia have the bronze, it would mean a lot to them since they are a very weak hockey nation and it could help get people there excited and more interested. Sweden already does good enough, they don't need it.

Nope. Sweden has done bad since 2018. We are in need of medals aswell. Also Slovakia is not a very weak nation hockey nation. They where top 6 from 1994-2012. And since then still good, 8-10 in the world. And look at the prospects they piss out.

Reactions: stastny12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad