Olympics: Gold and Bronze matchups!

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Russia are way more skilled than Finland but won’t be as defensively sound. I guess Russia should win due to better players though.

Slovakia will win the bronze medal game. Sweden won’t be as up for it after a hearbreaking shootout loss that drained all of our energy.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
FIN-ROC

SWE-SVK

Sweden has better roster than Slovakia but people keep underestimating Slovakia still and Sweden will feel this game in their legs at some point tomorrow, but it requires that Slovakia pushes the pace and don't give Sweden easy time to rest during the game. The rest advantage for Slovakia is huge. Also I think that Slovakia wants it more because they didn't get much success lately on international ice. The first game between these teams was a rather easy 4-0 for Sweden untill 57:44 when Slovakia got a goal to make it 4-1, but I feel like Slovakia fixed their defensive holes after the Finland and Sweden losses and are now a different team.

As for the final goes, Finland wins a tight game. Maybe the two biggest favorites before the tournament started are facing, so in a way it's a dream final. Also nice that these teams haven't met during the tournament yet. There have been way too many rematches in this tournament. Not much else to say about that. It's close to a 50% vs 50% game. ROC is playing much more defensively than we are used to and I think that they can't beat the master Jalonen at Jalonen's own game.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Definitely not satisfied with the final result of Russia vs Sweden game. I was hoping that Sweden could win the whole tournament. Also, local users from Sweden like @Eye of Ra or @Elvs are very supportive when it comes to Slovak hockey, so I'm not happy that one of the countries will end up without a medal.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Definitely not satisfied with the final result of Russia vs Sweden game. I was hoping that Sweden could win the whole tournament. Also, local users from Sweden like @Eye of Ra or @Elvs are very supportive when it comes to Slovak hockey, so I'm not happy that one of the countries will end up without a medal.

Well if you look at it that way, I've read many Swedish posters saying that they want the head coach Garnpenlöv gone and if Sweden ends up 4th, wouldn't that be a final nail to the coffin for him? So in some way a 4th place could even be good for Sweden if that would expedite his firing process.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Sweden won’t be as up for it after a hearbreaking shootout loss that drained all of our energy.

Another excuse and explanation. Slovakia were really good and even against Finland as well. They fought just as hard. If they win against Sweden it's because they are better, nothing else.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Another excuse and explanation. Slovakia were really good and even against Finland as well. They fought just as hard. If they win against Sweden it's because they are better, nothing else.
Drop the insecurity mate. Don’t have to actively pursue my every comment to spam ”Sweden are bad” messages. If you can’t see the difference between the two games against Finland or look at the previous Sweden-Slovakia game as reference
I honestly just won’t bother.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Well if you look at it that way, I've read many Swedish posters saying that they want the head coach Garnpenlöv gone and if Sweden ends up 4th, wouldn't that be a final nail to the coffin for him? So in some way a 4th place could even be good for Sweden if that would expedite his firing process.
He’s already leaving after the season. It’s done.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Drop the insecurity mate. Don’t have to actively pursue my every comment to spam ”Sweden are bad” messages. If you can’t see the difference between the two games against Finland or look at the previous Sweden-Slovakia game as reference
I honestly just won’t bother.

Insecurity? Towards who, you? Come down from your high horses bud. If I can't what? Do you know what reflecting means? Just read your earlier comments and you're done. Either you are the best or you have an excuse for every single loss. That's how you seem to work? You have answers to everything, oh everything besides showing the winning teams their earned respect and some sportsmanship. But I guess that's too much to demand from you? You've probably never been wrong about anything in your life ;)

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Insecurity? Towards who, you? Come down from your high horses bud. If I can't what? Do you know what reflecting means? Just look read your earlier comments and you're done. Either you are the best or you have an excuse for every single loss. That's how you seem to work? You have answer to everything, oh everything besides showing the winning teams their earned respect and some sportsmanship. But I guess that's to much to demand from you?
I haven’t been unsportsmanlike at all by saying Sweden were slightly better in the games against Russia and Finland. Saying ”I feel we deserved to win” is not in any way unsportsmanlike. It’s just analysing the game. No one who has just seen their team win feels offended by that anyway.

I’ve also not claimed that this Swedish olympic team is actually better than the Finnish or Russian team. Just that we have better NHLers. But lets avoid that debate for the 25th time.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Biased or what ever opinion but, i think we are the favorite to win the gold medal game.

Russians been surprisingly "bad"* in this tournament, their skating isn't there, their finishing isn't there,
they play defensive style hockey, which is super weird...

I thought they would wake up to Sweden game, but no...i thought they would have eased through Sweden
but no...

I think Russia can't match up to our skating, stamina, our aggressive style, our straight forward attacks,
strong front of the net defense and high defensive trap, our 4th line is going to eat them alive
and that trap is going to confuse their forwards.

4 - 5 goals for Team Finland, 0 -1 goals for Team ROC

Gold : Finland
Silver : ROC
Bronze : Slovakia**

*obviously not bad in the sense of the word
** i think Slovakian player will have more heart and need,
for those Bronze medals, Slafkovsky will score the game winner

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Finland and Slovakia will win.

Slovakias game against Finland was better hockey than what Sweden has had in any of their games so far, despite losing that game.

I feel that Finland will win Russia but it's a coinflip really, gonna be a close game and I'm glad to see the best two teams meet in the finals, it's gonna be a treat even if the game will probably be pretty boring.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Biased or what ever opinion but, i think we are the favorite to win the gold medal game.

Russians been surprisingly "bad"* in this tournament, their skating isn't there, their finishing isn't there,

I thought they would wake up to Sweden game, but no...i thought they would have eased through Sweden
but no...

I think Russia can't match up to our skating, stamina, our aggressive style, our straight forward attacks,
strong front of the net defense and high defensive trap, our 4th line is going to eat them alive

u do realise we won over slovakia with 4-1 in the group stage? also our players are very hardworking. they will want the bronze as much as slovakia. i would say its 50-50. slovakia is good.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Russia is not in these olympics and have never won gold.

Finland are in these olympics and has a chance to get their first gold.

But ROC will be hard to beat.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Yeah I am really suprised at how strong Taiwan, officially the Republic of China (ROC) have been.. But all fairytales end sometimes

Finland to win, Slovakia takes bronze because they want/need it more

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

but no...

They intentionally brought a "grinding" team this go around because there isn't a ton of skill or top line NHL level talent in the KHL this go around.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
They intentionally brought a "grinding" team this go around because there isn't a ton of skill or top line NHL level talent in the KHL this go around.

not really true. kuzmenko and burdasov is very skilled and still not on the team. there is others aswell.

swedish coach did the same, he brough 4 checking lines.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

Here's a cocky one. All right, we'll see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad