God awful power play: Fix it now!

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
its ridiculous watching us on the power play , just sad how many short handed goals we let in .
Enough of the 4 F on the pp crap that we have been watching

Top line

Net​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------93
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------4

--------------------------------------------------74/86--------------------------------------------------------------------------19

see this is where the problem arises , we have at least 5 more forwards that need pp time... yak , drai, perron, pou, teddy

I'd suggest 3 ops

2nd pp

Net​
67​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------55
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------10

-------------------------------------------------84/21

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2

3rd pp

Net​
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------16
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------27

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------19

what do you guys think?

Last edited:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
They have a lot of work to do to fix the PP, that's for sure:

By_SzH4CYAAhIWM.jpg:large

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Anything but 1-3-1 system. That diamond formation will be the end of us. I'd rather us go to the traditional 2-2-1 and plant someone in front of the net. Right now our guys are getting killed on the pinch because they're so out of position along the boards. We do not have the Sedin's and the slap pass deflections, stick to what worked before, why is that so hard for Eakins??

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Anything but 1-3-1 system. That diamond formation will be the end of us. I'd rather us go to the traditional 2-2-1 and plant someone in front of the net. Right now our guys are getting killed on the pinch because they're so out of position along the boards. We do not have the Sedin's and the slap pass deflections, stick to what worked before, why is that so hard for Eakins??

if our pp worked last year hall would have had 90+ points , we need it to work if we play on winning more games , thats for sure

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
So the season hasn't even started and the team is running Craig Ramsay out of town then.

what do u mean running him out of town ??

I was just pointing out what I thought could be done
who's to say he ran the pp in the person ???
some of you guys need to calm down , stop being on edge over every little thing

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
what do u mean running him out of town ??

I was just pointing out what I thought could be done
who's to say he ran the pp in the person ???
some of you guys need to calm down , stop being on edge over every little thing

He's the guy the will be, basically, running the PP. The season hasn't Started Yet.

So maybe, we don't know anything about anything yet, Maybe?

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Just dust off a TB or WSH power play tape from last year.
Then do the following...

Replace Ovie/Stamkos with Yakupov
Replace Backstrom/Filppula with Nuge
Replace Brouwer/Callahan with Perron or Hall
Replace Green/Hedman with Schultz
Replace Carlson / Carle with Nikitin when healthy.

Problem solved.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Maybe not have Hunt and Aulie as the point men? I'll wait for the regular season to judge anything

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Just dust off a TB or WSH power play tape from last year.
Then do the following...

Replace Ovie/Stamkos with Yakupov
Replace Backstrom/Filppula with Nuge
Replace Brouwer/Callahan with Perron or Hall
Replace Green/Hedman with Schultz
Replace Carlson / Carle with Nikitin when healthy.

Problem solved.

No Eberle? Our PP will continue to suck

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Ramsay came in to help with the PP and defence.

Last practice lines for PP1 and PP2, we had only one d-man: Schultz on PP1 and Hunt on PP2.

God save us all.

#HereComeTheSHG

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
that also seems to be a problem , we have too many wingers that would look great in the right situation on the pp
which is why i think they do keep 4 forwards but I also think that is the wrong choice

Our PP was totally fine, actually looked really good until Eakins took over. Go back to pre Eakins.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Our PP was totally fine, actually looked really good until Eakins took over. Go back to pre Eakins.

Exactly what I'm saying. Who the hell thought it was a great idea to turn a good/decent PP into one of the worst?

As Lowetide said many times, the formation of 1-3-NONE isn't working, change it up, change it back.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
I think either perron or ebs on the right side of the net is key, with hall on the left half , nuge in the middle , schultz left point moving to the centre keying up one timers and wrist shots and on the right point either nurse , nitktin or klefbom( whom i think has a underrated and under utilized shot)

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Well the 2nd unit would need some players as well.

Like I said, go back to Pre Eakins, it was a awesome PP for a couple seasons, and a couple different coaches.

Hall and Eberle down low
Nuge on half boards
Schultz and Nik up top

We are looking at a top5 pp again

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
2-1-2 standard 2 players down low, Hall and Eberle, with Nuge on half boards, and 2 d up high.

I think the way I described the pp in my last post is some what of a 2-1-2 and I do think thats the best for us

but what about a

2-2-1

with the 1 being schultz on the point ?? with the middle 2 moving up and down the boards

cause Ive been seeing that we have a hard time keeping the puck in the zone so it would switch from 2-2-1 quickly into a 2-0-3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad