Confirmed with Link: Goc to Blues for Lapierre

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
You should be embarrassed by Downie getting pummeled by Schenn.

Okay. Now, you should be embarrassed by this post.

tumblr_inline_n807xnqmHn1r32ykc.gif

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
^^^^^

I don't have a problem with acquiring MaxLap. I have a problem with moving out the one good aspect of the 4th line and keeping the ****** ones.

Well it was already established Goc wasn't as good as Adams so....

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Well it was already established Goc wasn't as good as Adams so....

I can't do this with you right now. I give and give and you take and take, and I have nothing left to give. I can't be your emotional doormat right now. Call back in 72 minutes.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I can't do this with you right now. I give and give and you take and take, and I have nothing left to give. I can't be your emotional doormat right now. Call back in 72 minutes.

Make it, 27 minutes *wink*

Can I bring Craig?

He's into cosplay like us.

adams-1040x572.jpg

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Who will trade you a Lapierre like for Adams though? We don't have enough cap space to trade non roster pieces for players making over league minimum. Nobody wants Adams in a trade. It's really that simple.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Who will trade you a Lapierre like for Adams though? We don't have enough cap space to trade non roster pieces for players making over league minimum. Nobody wants Adams in a trade. It's really that simple.

It's not even about swapping one for one.

It's about if when the team is healthy, Lappy isn't centering Adams OR Sill.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
It's not even about swapping one for one.

It's about if when the team is healthy, Lappy isn't centering Adams OR Sill.

Well one of them won't be in the lineup when healthy, as the roster stands today:

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
Comeau-Malkin-Bennett
Kunitz-Sutter-Downie
Spaling-Lapierre-Adams/Sill

It will be tough to add another forward without subtracting a more expensive one and adding two cheaper guys. Example would be Kunitz for a 1st (not sure if that's a realistic return or not), mediocre assets for Winnik and Nolan.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
NO WE DO NOT NEED BETTER BOTTOM SIX GUYS... WE NEED GUYS IN THE TOP 6 THAT CAN PUSH GUYS LIKE COMEAU, SPALING, AND DOWNIE DOWN TO WHERE THEY BELONG. the pens minor league is stacked with bottom six guys and we are constantly trying to add them... we need to lose the big giant mauler on the bottom 6 mentality or teams like the isles with real skill up and down the lineup are going to continue to win every matchup vs us

We have those guys on the team now (Perron, Hornqvist, Bennett, and Kunitz). Then you have Spaling, Downie, and Comeau fighting for the 2 third line winger spots. 4th line wingers will be the loser of that battle and one of Acro, Sill, Adams, and come playoffs maybe Dupuis.

Kunitz-Crosby-Perron
Comeau-Malkin-Hornqvist
Spaling-Sutter-Bennett
Downie-Lapierre-Dupuis

That's what I would try for the playoffs with real skill up and down the lineup. Comeau might not be a top 6 type guy but he produced with Malkin. Bennett makes the 3rd line more dangerous. Dupuis on the 4th line would be an easy place to start if he comes back for the playoffs and his speed would make that line have some punch also.

We won the Cup with our wingers being Kunitz, Guerin, Fedotanko, and Talbot as our playoff top 2 line wingers and Cooke and Kennedy as our 3rd line wingers. I would take this group of wingers any day of the week.

Random Hero

Mar 13, 2004
Excerpt from an article with a St. Louis perspective:

"It's a different type of player than Lappy was," Hitchcock said. "Lappy was a hunter and very good at it. He was a strong forechecking player, very good at it. Goc manages the ice in a different way. This is kind of a small trade that can help both teams. Pittsburgh needed a certain element in their team to enhance their fourth line and we felt that we needed something different on our team to enhance the guys that we have playing on the fourth line.

Nothing that hasn't been said here over and over again, just nice to get Hitch's perspective.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The Penguins ruined iron man. They posted this to their twitter feed.

Like the Pens would do something that lame. They are a professionally run sports franchise.

I totally shopped that pic with my mad shopping skills.

It has my watermark, look really close...

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Like the Pens would do something that lame. They are a professionally run sports franchise.

I totally shopped that pic with my mad shopping skills.

It has my watermark, look really close...

Wait, you're serious? Could have sworn this was on their feed hahaha. I've seen it before, that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad