GOATvechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
FFS, as a few others have pointed out (while everyone else seems too dumb to figure out), this thread was not even remotely a serious one for serious comparative discussion. It was made IMMEDIATELY after Ovi scored a goal Crosby only dreams of making these days. And as far as "when he's on"... well, that's true (not even debateable). It's added because he isn't the best overall -- too inconsistent the last few years.

Why does Crosby and Ovechkin always have to be mentioned in the same sentence? You are right, Sid does not dream about scoring those goals, he is a ****ing playmaker lol. So much chest beating in these threads.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I watch the games, IMO Ovechkin has been average the last 4 games. I understand context, no need to define it for me. Washington simply needs more out of Ovie if they want to advance.

--Crosby had 2 goals, two assists in 5 games against the Rangers
--Ovie has 2 goals and 1 assist in 5 games against the Rangers (In the whole playoffs he has 4 goals, 4 assists in 12 games which is average at best for his standards)

Crosby was getting praised for his play against the Rangers because his line was creating most of the offense for Pittsburgh, whether he got a point or not, he was involved.
This is what people who claim to watch hockey games just don't get. Crosby is invaluable. He is not quantifiable. He can set Dupuis up for 35 goals. He opens up space for everybody else and a lot of his secondary assists are passes that spearhead plays. He is not Ovechkin and Ovechkin is not Sid. They are both expected to do different things in completely different parts of the ice.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This thread was bait for crosby fans. This is hf been like that for 10 years now

Well, you always feel the urge to bring Crosby up in Ovechkin threads. Reading the last pages, it is mostly you and other Pens fans hijacking the thread to turn it into a Crosby thread. If you want to talk about Crosby, start your own thread. There is a thread on the main boards to compare them if you want.

When Sid does well, I don't go into the threads dedicated to him to talk about Ovi.

On topic, I expect a big game from #8 and #19. Please don't let us down Ovi :D

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Well, you always feel the urge to bring Crosby up in Ovechkin threads. Reading the last pages, it is mostly you and other Pens fans hijacking the thread to turn it into a Crosby thread. If you want to talk about Crosby, start your own thread. There is a thread on the main boards to compare them if you want.

When Sid does well, I don't go into the threads dedicated to him to talk about Ovi.

On topic, I expect a big game from #8 and #19. Please don't let us down Ovi :D

This is hf. Where crosby gets brought up in ovechkin threads and vice versa. It's basically impossible for it not to happen

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Another doughnut for GOATvechkin.

Pretty invisible until the last 10 minutes, gonna need to step up if Caps wanna win game 7.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Another doughnut for GOATvechkin.

Pretty invisible until the last 10 minutes, gonna need to step up if Caps wanna win game 7.

True but when he sets people up they cannot finish.

At least Crosby's linemates can finish when they receive a great pass.

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
LOL at saying Crosby linemates can finish. Illpucks clearly did not watch Pittsburgh and especially Kunitz on Crosby's line this year. And Ovie with yet another no show game. Ovie makes the same move every time he crosses the blue line. Rangers were stopping him every time. And on the Power play he just stands there waiting for the one timer --- the Rangers just stick one man on Ovie and keep his shot away from the net. Pretty predictable.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
True but when he sets people up they cannot finish.

At least Crosby's linemates can finish when they receive a great pass.

How about OV needs to stop with the poor angle shots? It makes it too easy for the other team to get out of their zone when he does that. He needs to be more unselfish and look for the pass and if it isn't there, then fire it on the net.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
Ovechkin will shock the hockey world in game 7
Quote me

I just did! :D

He better rise to the occasion because he has been a dud in big games. This is the biggest game of the year and NO points at all. No wonder he's never been to a conference final.

Hope you're right and he finally changes that!

illpucks

May 26, 2011
I just did! :D

He better rise to the occasion because he has been a dud in big games. This is the biggest game of the year and NO points at all. No wonder he's never been to a conference final.

Hope you're right and he finally changes that!

Quite convenient that the passer on his line has 1 point in this series.

Trotz needs to switch up the line combos.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The Rangers just forced game 7. Ovechkin hasn't scored a goal or a point in the last 4 games. Sorry, but if the Rangers beat Caps there is a lot of blame on Ovechkin. The best player on that team and best goal-scorer in the world needs to put up goals in these important games. He's been good in these playoffs, but the goals need to start coming in.

As for people moaning about the GOATVechkin label on the OP.. :laugh: Come on guys. You all know it wasn't meant as a claim that Ovechkin is Greatets Of All Time. You just want to either pile on Ovechkin or pimp up Crosby. That's really just laughable and makes you look like an idiot.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Not scoring right now, but the attacks on his play are too harsh. We see it every year, stars don't score in every game, the difference is generally whether or not the rest of the team manages to cover for when you don't score.

Kane, Toews, Kopitar, Bergeron, those guys all had times where they didn't produce but their teams won anyways. If the Caps won tonight the narrative would be different, like it was for those guys when they won.

Ovechkin has generally been good in the playoffs at almost a ppg in his career. He's struggling now, but no need to diminish what he has done in his career. He still has a chance to make his mark on this series.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
This is hf. Where crosby gets brought up in ovechkin threads and vice versa. It's basically impossible for it not to happen

Because of posters like you. A lot of people have been pointing this out for you for a while now, but for some reason you seem to ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad