Goaltending

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Word is that the Oilers are looking for help in goal. Now there's a team with an abundance of young talent. Vancouver will also be looking for an affordable backup if they move Luongo. The Senators should just be patient - by about the 25 game mark, there will be any number of teams looking for help in goal, and willing to pay a bit of a premium to get it.

The only d-men I would be interested in (from the Oilers) would be J Schultz (way too expensive though) and Klefbom. Any thoughts on what Klefbom would cost us? (Although he is injured for the year, so he couldn't help us this year)

source

Jul 13, 2008
That's what I expected. Move along from the Oilers, who else would be interested in Bishop or Andy?

Lots of teams would be willing to offer at least a 3rd round pick. Bishop would be an improvement over many teams' backup goalies, and there are a few teams out there with questionable starters who might be willing to pony up for Bishop or Anderson.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The team is **** without anderson. would have been **** last yr without anderson and possibly will be **** for years to come without anderson.

We finally get a goaltender who plays like our mvp (no, plays AS our mvp) since day one and there are some who want to trade him?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::shakehead

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Lots of teams would be willing to offer at least a 3rd round pick. Bishop would be an improvement over many teams' backup goalies, and
If Bishop was on another team, I'd certainly be willing to move a 3rd round pick for him if Anderson had an injury :nod:, allows us to roll confidently with a Lehner/Anderson tandem in the shortened season.

source

Jul 13, 2008
The team is **** without anderson. would have been **** last yr without anderson and possibly will be **** for years to come without anderson.

We finally get a goaltender who plays like our mvp (no, plays AS our mvp) since day one and there are some who want to trade him?

I wouldn't trade Anderson until we can be more confident in Lehner and Bishop. But there's no sense keeping Anderson's price tag around if Lehner plays like we all hope he will.

In that case I'd move him for a 1st. Who knows, we could get the next Claude Giroux just like that.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I love how discriminatory this board is - Andy has played his ass off to get us in the playoffs but he's not Swedish (Amerikan - even worse) so he should be traded and then we put our hopes in a kid. Why can't we just appreciate Andy and his veteran leadership and experience? If Andy starts off the season 1-10 then so be it, but he's played better, especially vs NYR, than Lehner ever could on his best day.

is it possible to find and stream the first game andy played for us? against toronto. and if i remember correctly was one of the best goaltender performances i've ever seen in an ottawa uni.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
is it possible to find and stream the first game andy played for us? against toronto. and if i remember correctly was one of the best goaltender performances i've ever seen in an ottawa uni.

I'm going to get a subscription on the 15th then I'll go back and check.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

I agree with this.

Honestly, last year I'd say our best players were Karlsson, Spezza and Anderson. And they were all the reason's why we did as well as we did, and went above expectations.

I wouldn't trade Anderson until at LEAST next year. This year, he can be a help to either Lehner or Bishop. And then I'd actually like the same from Anderson the next year. Then we can get rid of him if our goaltending system is good.

But to me it would be foolish to trade Anderson, unless it was for a MASSIVE overpayment. We would have to come up HUGE to trade him.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
The game was on CBC, but ever since their site was re-designed, the old games no longer play. February 18, 2011 was his first game, and that game alone made the trade awesome.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ok now is it not the job of a responsible General Manager to find a player that meets those requirements that the team can hang on to? This entire discussion is pointless until the Bishop situation is determined. If he walks I think it is unfortunate that Ottawa has no second round pick in a deep draft and if he stays then awesome. I have never once said I dislike the Bishop trade. I just will not look at it as fondly if he leaves the organization as a UFA in the summer.

Of course if we let Bishop walk as a UFA that quickly, we will not have maximized our investment, because players are investments in the end, and your investment start paying dividends from day one. Bishop has already brought something, and we just hope he can continue to do so.

One thing fans have to be aware right away is that the lockout already impacted negatively the return on the Bishop investment (and on most players as well). Maybe not a lot if Bishop stays a lot longer but... point being made : the longer a player stays within your organization, the less this lockout will affect negatively the return on the investment made on them.

PS : By the way, Capgeek still says Bishop will be RFA at the end of the season...

http://www.capgeek.com/player/996

I wouldn't trade Anderson until we can be more confident in Lehner and Bishop. But there's no sense keeping Anderson's price tag around if Lehner plays like we all hope he will.

In that case I'd move him for a 1st. Who knows, we could get the next Claude Giroux just like that.

Wait... what? What's wrong about Anderson's price tag? 3.0$ is nothing for the Sens right now, they do need to reach the cap floor. Gonchar and Alfie cap hits will disappear soon by the way.

Last edited:

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Anderson is a journeyman goalie coming off a decent, not great, season. I suspect his trade value is as high as it's ever going to be. It's possible that a team like Philadelphia or Edmonton might offer something interesting that may plug a hole elsewhere in the Sens lineup.

Never fall in love with your own players and always look for ways to upgrade. Lehner and Bishop are not Reimer and Gustafsson. I'd be very comfortable starting the season with our Bingo duo in the nets.

Niv

Registered Hater
Sep 22, 2009
Ottawa
For the first time ever as a Sens fan, goaltending is the position I'm most confident in, so I would disagree with any trade proposals right now. As long as Andy doesn't cut any more chicken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad