Post-Game Talk: Goaltending can’t bail us out forever | Leafs fall 4-2

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
But it's not 1 breakaway that's just the most recent example, the fact is he does nothing, he doesn't score, he doesn't PK, he doesn't win as many board battles as Hyman, as much as I don't like Hyman on the top line he does win board battles, he does PK, he does have things that he contributes.

Leivo is just there he does nothing, It's OK if you don't score but you have to do SOMETHING

Leivo doesn'tthere is nothing there makes me go "well he doesn't score but he's great at this."

It doesn't exist, and the problem with him not scoring is that's what he's billed as

He's playing on the 4th line with plugs of course he's not scoring, Nylander was struggling to score on the 4th line and that kid has high end talent

Leivo does win board battles it's just when he does nobody on that line can do anything with the puck anyway

He doesn't need to PK, if we lose one of those guys someone like Kapanen will slot into the team but we already have a full quota of PK guys so it's not an issue

Big Drama Show

Oct 5, 2016
Why not try stacking the top two lines with all of our best players (JVR-Matthews-Nylander, Marleau-Kadri-Marner, or something to that effect) and lean on them when we're struggling to generate offense?

Man that would be fun to watch. Every other coach in the league would run that as the top 6 night in and night out.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I will just leave this here ...

hNAiaMmI36Vo9ITOu1zU772lU-9G7qHIRtZmejs1HB8.png

via reddit

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
What boggles my mind is that this is if not same then at least similar trend to Carlyle era hockey where few posters would chime getting outshot and winning is going to catch up while others would say heyzzzz we won. “Results”

Now some claim yea trend might be the same but we have a different team, roster blah blah

It is a stronger sense of Déjà-vu for me lol
I don't remember a Promiseland back in the Carlyle days, what was your username then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad