Goalies can't see **** with a leaping gnome! 2-1 Habs vs Preds

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Yeah, prior to this season I was on the "what we've seen is all we're getting" train of thought but he has proven me wrong this year despite not putting up monster points. And it's not like anyone on this team is anyway.

Gallagher is the type of player who helps the team win even when he isn't putting up points. He's the definition of a sparkplug.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Gallagher is the type of player who helps the team win even when he isn't putting up points. He's the definition of a sparkplug.

My definition of a sparkplug is a guy that gives it all on the ice but doesn't have the skills to be a true impact player.

Gallagher has been showing a lot of skills lately. People pegged him as a middle six forwards coming into this season. He's showing more and more that he can be a lot more than that.

So for me, he's not a sparkplug anymore. He's a great player for more than his combativeness.

Gros Bonhomme

Benoit Brunet #1 Fan
Jan 21, 2011
Montreal
I see him as a perennial 20-25 goal scorer with one season over 30 where everything clicked for him that year. Love what he brings to the team

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
No matter what role he played on Subban's goal (didn't hear anyone say he was the reason for the goal anyway), I'd like to see you guys going in front of the net when someone is blasting 100MPH+ shots towards you. I'm not even sure you'd do it with an orange ball on a casual league :laugh:.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
lol @ our first goal

Pk's smart man

while he was WIRING it off the post, you can see galchenyuk trying to redirect it in, doesnt, im guessing pk noticed it

and when pk got the puck back he knew what alex was trying to do and bam, redirect goal

love our guys

PricePkPatch*

lol @ our first goal

Pk's smart man

while he was WIRING it off the post, you can see galchenyuk trying to redirect it in, doesnt, im guessing pk noticed it

and when pk got the puck back he knew what alex was trying to do and bam, redirect goal

love our guys

Id give you a cookie if I could.

Thats a very astute observation.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So we were completely outclassed in the first half of the game being outshot 26-4. Then from about the halfway point or maybe a little less, we outshot them 23-11.

I have no clue why were playing this way so far this year...really strange how the guys just don't seem ready when the game starts.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
According to Sportsnet, pacioretty had an interesting comment about the poor starts.

He's said that maybe the team plays with too much confidence because they have Carey price and that ultimately leads to bad starts.

Again, this needs to be corrected by the time the habs make the playoffs (if they make it). The margin for error will be too small for the habs to get away with this.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Gilbert Delorme: "Le gardien a pas été fort sur le but de Subban, mais faut dire que Desharnais faisait sa job devant le filet" :laugh::laugh:

The puck was in the net before Desharnais even got in his line of sight. It was tipped in the high slot by a defender, that's why it went straight in.

Montreal4Life*

He has a point though. I'd be pretty pissed if Eller did that to Craig Smith and the Habs got a penalty in OT.

I also wasn't happy with the reversed call. Yeah, they got it right, but it's setting up a terrible precedent if you look at a replay and decide to overturn your initial call. Hopefully it was simply a linesman that told the ref what he saw, but it does look bad.

I would be pissed to... that he tripped the guy so obviously. That was a bone head move and got called.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Someone needs to explain to me how Subban got 3rd star...

He drew first penalty, then made a great play for Galchenyuk to tie it and won it in OT.

I would have given him first star tonight, if not at least 2nd star. Ridiculous.

I love Subban, myself. My Dad sounds like a racist whenever Subban is on the ice. That's how much he hates him.

Let,s be honest a second, though. If you actually watched the game, Subban was, indeed, a reason for our win, after looking beyond Price, the obvious reason for our win in the first place!

If Price didn't deserve the first star over Subban, something is seriously wrong. There's no reason ANYONE should be upset Price got a nod before Subban.

That said, it was one of Subban's bigger impact games on an offensive front. However, anyone who can't admit he often played by the seat of his pants, despite being on the receiving end of the offensive merit for the win, is blind, to be polite.

Too many Tipsy Turvies holding the puck on the end of the stick with one arm as he fends off opponents in semi-circles in his own zone or in the O-zone as the last D at the blue line, ripe for a breakaway if the opponent succeeds in stripping the puck.

That Subban didn't commit any costly turnovers and ended up setting up the tying goal and scoring the winning goal does't necessarily erase the bad/risky decisions or choice of plays that occurred more than occasionally throughout the game.

Just saying, to be objective, rather than cheering blindly due to a good box score….

habscup*

I love Subban, myself. My Dad sounds like a racist whenever Subban is on the ice. That's how much he hates him.

Let,s be honest a second, though. If you actually watched the game, Subban was, indeed, a reason for our win, after looking beyond Price, the obvious reason for our win in the first place!

If Price didn't deserve the first star over Subban, something is seriously wrong. There's no reason ANYONE should be upset Price got a nod before Subban.

That said, it was one of Subban's bigger impact games on an offensive front. However, anyone who can't admit he often played by the seat of his pants, despite being on the receiving end of the offensive merit for the win, is blind, to be polite.

Too many Tipsy Turvies holding the puck on the end of the stick with one arm as he fends off opponents in semi-circles in his own zone or in the O-zone as the last D at the blue line, ripe for a breakaway if the opponent succeeds in stripping the puck.

That Subban didn't commit any costly turnovers and ended up setting up the tying goal and scoring the winning goal does't necessarily erase the bad/risky decisions or choice of plays that occurred more than occasionally throughout the game.

Just saying, to be objective, rather than cheering blindly due to a good box score….

lol wow I guess he should never try to stickhandle because its too risky. Go tell that to Crosby and Malkin and company.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
No matter what role he played on Subban's goal (didn't hear anyone say he was the reason for the goal anyway), I'd like to see you guys going in front of the net when someone is blasting 100MPH+ shots towards you. I'm not even sure you'd do it with an orange ball on a casual league :laugh:.

I do it, all the time. Even though I sometimes play goalie and I'm 6'3, I'm terrible at it. Let's just say that there's a reason I wear a cup now :laugh:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
lol @ our first goal

Pk's smart man

love our guys

PK's passing skills are so underrated, I don't know why more people don't talk about it. Remember his pass to DD last year vs Ottawa with less than 5 seconds left in the game? To have the presence of mind to pull that off, just unbelievable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad