Goalie Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
ok so we go along with all your guys thinking and we go along with signing both goalies at the budget that you guys think. (and I guarantee that won't happen. Wishful thinking. I guarantee vasy if given 20 games will out play your Bishop)

and then wham they are both under contract and the expansion draft comes .. so you all are willing to gamble and lose vasy?

I think and know positively who vasy is and your playing with fire my friends.

So you're saying we should trade Bishop now because there might be an expansion draft coming. We don't know when and we don't know the protection rules. But it makes you say we should trade our #1 goalie now and in favor of a rookie who has played a mere 20 NHL games in his life.

I say we stick with what we have and wait until there's more concrete info other than Bettman's super vague "the NHL is going to expand some time in the future". Vasya will not command $4.5 million in two years and who knows how our goaltending situation looks by then. As somebody else said: Too many variables in play.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
So you're saying we should trade Bishop now because there might be an expansion draft coming. We don't know when and we don't know the protection rules. But it makes you say we should trade our #1 goalie now and in favor of a rookie who has played a mere 20 NHL games in his life.

I say we stick with what we have and wait until there's more concrete info other than Bettman's super vague "the NHL is going to expand some time in the future". Vasya will not command $4.5 million in two years and who knows how our goaltending situation looks by then. As somebody else said: Too many variables in play.

bishop will be a ufa anyway by the time expansion starts! you ride bishop and vasy both as long as you can and enjoy it!

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
The premise of the poll is false...how about a third choice. There is nothing particularly interesting about the thought. Yes, only one player can be the starter. That starter is Bishop without question. Vasilevskiy will probably be the starter and replace Bishop. What is so particularly brilliant about the thought "we can only keep one"?

Keep Bishop until somebody else is better. Kind of a crazy thought....? No.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
There is a lot of talk of Vasy not having proven anything. But when asked which goalie would you want to keep for the future.

Its overwhelmingly in favor of Vasy. 19 to 2

So something is not adding up here. as far as Vasy not being ready or unproven why do we keep picking Vasy over Bishop?

If the poll would have been Gudalevski or Bishop ... For sure we would all pick Bishop. Vasy is special and I don't need to see him play more games to realize that.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Vasy is future, Bish is the present, as cup contenders we'll need Bish and Vasy next year though. That's not complicated.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
There is a lot of talk of Vasy not having proven anything. But when asked which goalie would you want to keep for the future.

So something is not adding up here. as far as Vasy not being ready or unproven why do we keep picking Vasy over Bishop?

Because people think Vasy will be better and be the goalie in the future but right now at the NHL level he hasn't proven much. Not sure what's confusing about it. McDavid and Eichel haven't done anything in the NHL yet but everyone recognizes they will be very good players in the league in a few years.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

If the poll would have been Gudalevski or Bishop ... For sure we would all pick Bishop. Vasy is special and I don't need to see him play more games to realize that.

Your poll asks to pick one of our goalies "for the future". One is 28, one is 22. The result really surprises you?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

"Hey, you should dump Secretariat because hes a good horse, but I have one that COULD be better!"

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
"Hey, you should dump Secretariat because hes a good horse, but I have one that COULD be better!"

This post pretty much sums up why I and about 6 others I know of offhand have stopped reading these boards as much as we used to...

[MOD]

And Still All In, your post just summed up the entire thread...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Maybe he's got another hidden reason he's holding back on as to why Bishop is leaving sooner rather than later.

Maybe we're just being a mean ol' "click" [sic].

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
This post pretty much sums up why I and about 6 others I know of offhand have stopped reading these boards as much as we used to...

Delete this if you want mods, but stupid f***ing questions/threads like this just get too dang annoying.

And Still All In, your post just summed up the entire thread...

It really is becoming like Buzzfeed in here, isn't it.

"Top 10 reasons you should trade Bishop and/or be excited about Vasilevsky!"

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

yes.. your logic..

How about you start a poll and ask who is better, Bishop or Vasi? Obviously if we're picking for the future it's Vasi, so I have no idea why you're equating that to who's better now :laugh:

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
You know, I was going to use a horse analogy but I'm better off going with an Ol' Yeller one and putting this thread out of its misery.

We can try again with another context of goalie conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad