Goalie Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I voted Vasi for the poll as I think he's the future. Future, though. We're talking about the future. Not the present... not the present... the future! [/iverson]

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Pretty bold statement. Let me ask you, why? What do you expect Vasya to command in contract negotiations in two years?

The kid is going to be our backup next season (could even go back to Syracuse for all we know) and I doubt Vasya will be our clear-cut starter the season after.

Bishop got (is it 5.9)

I would say min. 4.5 for Vasy.

This is why we can't keep both. that is to much money to keep the two of them.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Vasi can only command that much if he's getting a big chunk of the starts and doing great in them. If he is, then you dump Bishop. No brainer. If he's not, he won't be able to ask for that much. The problem will sort itself out on the ice.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Bishop got (is it 5.9)

Look at Schneider contracts for reference for Vasya. If he's commanding $4.5million then he is cemented as our starter. If he's backup/1B and asking for that much then he's insane. Schneider was given gradual raises until he was given the #1 job, I expect the same for Vasya.

WhatIsTwoWayHockey

Jun 25, 2015
I've been a Ben Bishop fan since Peoria.....who doesn't love using a 6'7 goalie in shootouts ....

but he's always had this problem of playing alongside a goaltender who's just playing as well/better than him.

St Louis had Halak and Elliot
Ottawa had Craig Anderson

& I'm glad he got his first shot in the playoffs with Tampa Bay and Finals experience. Bishop is a hell of a goalie, but seeing as lightning are going to pay Hedman/Stammer/Johnson etc...Vasi is probably your best move for the future.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Bishop should be the starter next season. If someone hasn't proven anything, it's Vasilevski. Bishop got us to the Finals and lets not say we carried him there. He was integral part of it and we're not going as far as we got without him.

WhatIsTwoWayHockey

Jun 25, 2015
Bishop should be the starter next season. If someone hasn't proven anything, it's Vasilevski. Bishop got us to the Finals and lets not say we carried him there. He was integral part of it and we're not going as far as we got without him.

Also, the fact he played with a "painful tear in his right groin"

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Bishop has been a beast with Tampa he's not getting replaced anytime soon unless he falls of a cliff this season which is unlikely.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Bishop and Vasi are the least of my concerns, goaltending is one of our strength and likely to improve even more. I'm so glad Tampa has such a dynamic duo for next year.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Worry about it when it needs worried about. I had my doubts about Bishop before the playoffs. He had a hell of a run and props to him

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Vasy will get a 2.2 per year prove it deal two year term after. Then he proves it Stevie then pays him.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Vasi will be 24... in 4 years... let's keep both if we can.

I voted for Vasi but he doesn't align with our current window.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Bishop got (is it 5.9)

In what world do you think he gets 4.5? Seriously?

These are not ELITE stats:

1kZuNie.png

Right now Vasi has the potential to be a top 3 in the league, but he's yet to show anything.

If he gets anything over 2.5, we're being fools.

The kid has fallen to pressure a ton, and honestly I think reading he's a top 5 goalie prospect in the world ended up getting in his head a little. His work ethic is on-point, but he's got a ways to go before he can demand jack-sh#t. =P

Bishop on the other hand HAS proven himself. He proved his worth, and now he's getting decent money + all the starts, rightfully so... If Vasi can pull off some serious win #'s as a backup, then he can get a little more trust thrown his way.

He came up for us in the playoffs once (after Bishop had a high majority of the hard shots) and the second time he let us down. Yea, it's a team game, but if you want to 'prove' yourself... Carry the damn team.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
ok so we go along with all your guys thinking and we go along with signing both goalies at the budget that you guys think. (and I guarantee that won't happen. Wishful thinking. I guarantee vasy if given 20 games will out play your Bishop)

and then wham they are both under contract and the expansion draft comes .. so you all are willing to gamble and lose vasy?

I think and know positively who vasy is and your playing with fire my friends.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
ok so we go along with all your guys thinking and we go along with signing both goalies at the budget that you guys think. (and I guarantee that won't happen. Wishful thinking. I guarantee vasy if given 20 games will out play your Bishop)

and then wham they are both under contract and the expansion draft comes .. so you all are willing to gamble and lose vasy?

vasy is not ready he can have big games but will take time expansion at 2017 at the earliest and i say 2018 is the year and we will not lose him or bishop at that time and if we do will be bishop probably but will be compensated

i get its been awhile since expansion

but you can protect two goalies if you only want to protect 3 defenders and guys who play less then 40 games in year before im sure stevie is more aware of the situation then we are at this time

i think we protect the two goalies unless is 2018 then we will probably move bishop before the draft to do one goalie five d etc..

keep in mind we will have some contracts we dont mind losing

im betting on 2018 myself for the draft expansion draft not 2017 we will see but id bet on it

meaning we will have time to figure things out

wikpedia
Rules[edit]
26 of the 28 teams existing in the league at the time of the draft were each allowed to protect either one goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards. The Atlanta Thrashers and Nashville Predators had their entire rosters protected, as they were the two newest franchises in the league, only being in existence for one and two years respectively.

i see us wanting to do the 5 d 9 forward route but as said we will know before time when it is happening 2017 or 2018 myself i say 2018 so is no worries really and helps us dramatically because of this

timing has a lot to do with things and i think the timing is gonna be perfect for this team till im notified otherwise

bishop does not move this year and doubt the next year the year after? well yes that can happen

will be guys we wont mind losing though probably

so we keep five d men
9 forwards and 1 goalie if when we must is not the big deal you are making it out to be things will change hell we dont know if someone doesnt suffer an injury that ruins their career it does happen

unless you have a crystal ball and say 2017 your jumping the gun

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
vasy is not ready he can have big games but will take time expansion at 2017 at the earliest and i say 2018 is the year and we will not lose him or bishop at that time and if we do will be bishop probably but will be compensated

i get its been awhile since expansion

but you can protect two goalies if you only want to protect 3 defenders and guys who play less then 40 games in year before im sure stevie is more aware of the situation then we are at this time

i think we protect the two goalies unless is 2018 then we will probably move bishop before the draft to do one goalie five d etc..

keep in mind we will have some contracts we dont mind losing

im betting on 2018 myself for the draft expansion draft not 2017 we will see but id bet on it

meaning we will have time to figure things out

wikpedia
Rules[edit]
26 of the 28 teams existing in the league at the time of the draft were each allowed to protect either one goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards. The Atlanta Thrashers and Nashville Predators had their entire rosters protected, as they were the two newest franchises in the league, only being in existence for one and two years respectively.

i see us wanting to do the 5 d 9 forward route but as said we will know before time when it is happening 2017 or 2018 myself i say 2018 so is no worries really and helps us dramatically because of this

timing has a lot to do with things and i think the timing is gonna be perfect for this team till im notified otherwise

bishop does not move this year and doubt the next year the year after? well yes that can happen

will be guys we wont mind losing though probably

so we keep five d men
9 forwards and 1 goalie if when we must is not the big deal you are making it out to be things will change hell we dont know if someone doesnt suffer an injury that ruins their career it does happen

unless you have a crystal ball and say 2017 your jumping the gun
if those contracts like callahan's and flipper have no move clause's can you leave them off ? or do you have to protect them ?

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa

Not trying to call "you" out but you also wanted to trade Stamkos a few months ago.

Seriously man, stop with the doom and gloom and just try and thinking positively about our situation.

We're sitting pretty for possibly 3, but at least 2 years. Just freaking enjoy it....

This is the equivalent of debating whether or not we're trading a draft pick NEXT year. It's NOT important, not yet. There's way too many variables in play that could alter the outcome of... well everything.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I don't see expansion until at least 2018. There's a lot that needs to happen to get 2 teams started up in this league. We have time which means we can see what Vasi develops into and how Bishop looks in 2-3 years. Hopefully we have 3 Cups so we can not really give a **** what happens for awhile.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
I don't see expansion until at least 2018. There's a lot that needs to happen to get 2 teams started up in this league. We have time which means we can see what Vasi develops into and how Bishop looks in 2-3 years. Hopefully we have 3 Cups so we can not really give a **** what happens for awhile.

I like this logic :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad