Confirmed with Link: Goalie Rob Zepp signed to a one-year, two-way contract (reported to be $600,000)

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
If it makes you feel better, with at least 21 games played, Emery was 36th in Save % even strength according to extraskater. So all the Flyers have to do is stay out of the penalty box.....:help:

36th in even strength save percentage is pretty terrible; not sure how this is supposed to make anyone feel better. :p:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Dumping Hartnell should help with staying out of the box. Demoting Rinaldo to the AHL would help more.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Rinaldo isn't of much use but I will admit, he actually drew a lot of penalties last season. His discipline is much better.

He actually took more penalties than drew. Reputation or not that is a fact that can not be ignored. Hex seems to be trying to change that philosophy so I am hoping Zac is the 13th forward.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Why not take a chance on Zepp? Better than going with an AHL retread.

Goalies seem to hit their prime years much later than other players. And Zepp certainly put up good numbers and championships in Europe. See how he plays in the AHL and go from there. No risk proposition.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
He does take some dumb ones, but to be fair on Rinaldo he gets a lot of reputation calls as well. Some of his clean hits get mistaken for something more due to how heavy they are.

Not that any of this excuses the amount of penalties recieved as shown above^, just saying though.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He does get reputation calls... and then he goes out and earns that reputation with that ridiculous headshot against some poor Buffalo player in a 4-0 game.

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
36th in even strength save percentage is pretty terrible; not sure how this is supposed to make anyone feel better. :p:

I think mason was 23rd or so. Im on phone so not easy to look up. But you should consider if top 30 is starter quality. Backup being 36 isn't too awful. His sh% was one of the worst by far.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
He does take some dumb ones, but to be fair on Rinaldo he gets a lot of reputation calls as well. Some of his clean hits get mistaken for something more due to how heavy they are.

Not that any of this excuses the amount of penalties recieved as shown above^, just saying though.

2 minutes in the box is 2 minutes in the box.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
He actually took more penalties than drew. Reputation or not that is a fact that can not be ignored. Hex seems to be trying to change that philosophy so I am hoping Zac is the 13th forward.

I'd much prefer he not be on the team at all at this point. Just about every star or metric was amazingly bad for him considering how little minutes he gets and the "eye test" says he's not useful for anything besides hitting like a wrecking ball, which is negated by the fact that he loses it. He could be a good pest too, but he gets reputation calls (for good reason) and as shown by now actually takes a lot more penalties then he draws. He's practically useless. Actually worse then that since he's a flat-out liability at this point.

I know realistically all I can hope for is that he's the extra forward though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad