Confirmed with Link: Goalie Rob Zepp signed to a one-year, two-way contract (reported to be $600,000)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Zepp, 32 (9/7/1981), spent the last seven seasons in Germany, playing for the Berlin Polar Bears of the German Ice Hockey League (DEL).

He was drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the fourth round (99th overall) in 1999, and again by the Carolina Hurricanes in the fourth round (110th overall) in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.

----------------------------

Stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=42451

• Height: 6' 1"
  • Weight: 194
  • Catches: Left
  • Born: Sep 7, 1981
  • Birthplace: Newmarket, ONT
  • Drafted: CAR / 2001 NHL Entry Draft
  • Round: 4th (110th overall)

rob-zepp-auswaerts.jpg

--------------
Same draft, two rounds later, the Flyers took Dennis Seidenberg.

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He is pretty athletic from what I remember when G and Hobbit were at Eisbaren... though brain fart prone.

2nd amongst DEL starters in SV% this year and over .920 the last 3.

Anthems

Aug 23, 2011
Vancouver
Interesting approach to addressing team needs.... signing unknowns in Europe. His numbers are really good, that's for sure. Could be a steal signing.

RJ8812*

I refuse to believe that he's Mason's back-up. He's playing for the Phantoms

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Did not see that coming, that's for sure.

His age bothers me a bit, but hey I guess its just for the Phantoms.

-------
Unrelated note: I'm so so glad the NHL jerseys don't advertise like in Europe. It's so damn ugly.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Did not see that coming, that's for sure.

His age bothers me a bit, but hey I guess its just for the Phantoms.

-------
Unrelated note: I'm so so glad the NHL jerseys don't advertise like in Europe. It's so damn ugly.

I remember when the boards in the NHL rinks had no advertisements....would also hate it if the NHL made their players skating advertisements.

As far as Led Zepp......meh.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Zepp backwards is Pez. Pez is from Austria, just like Red Bull, who owns EC Red Bull Salzburg. One of their top players is Mark Cullen. Mark Cullen was born in Virginia, MN, the hometown of Matt Niskanen. I think this means Niskanen will sign for the Flyers.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Zepp backwards is Pez. Pez is from Austria, just like Red Bull, who owns EC Red Bull Salzburg. One of their top players is Mark Cullen. Mark Cullen was born in Virginia, MN, the hometown of Matt Niskanen. I think this means Niskanen will sign for the Flyers.

The real life Hanson Brothers from Slapshot were from Virginia, MN.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Rob Zepp is a pretty solid goalie and has been a dominant player in the German league and put up respectable performances on the International level for an inconsistent team Germany for many years now.
In the worst case he turns out another Johan Backlund who puts up average numbers in the AHL. In the best case he gets a shot at the NHL level if injuries are piling up and doesn't look half as cooked as Cal Heeter...

Anthems

Aug 23, 2011
Vancouver
He's going to be the back-up to Mason. Everyone who thinks this is for the Phantoms, wake up. We have 0 cap space and this was the cheapest alternative Hextall could find. He's going to be on the Flyers next season.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
Rob Zepp is a pretty solid goalie and has been a dominant player in the German league and put up respectable performances on the International level for an inconsistent team Germany for many years now.
In the worst case he turns out another Johan Backlund who puts up average numbers in the AHL. In the best case he gets a shot at the NHL level if injuries are piling up and doesn't look half as cooked as Cal Heeter...

Rob Zepp sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad